The Official Black Myth WuKong Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks like a steamdeck game stretched on  a large screen. No joke lol. 

Sooo lonnngggggg WuKooonnnnggggg and FUCK the final boss BITCH ASS CUNT     GOTY 100 percent for me   Now i can either try and Go kill Erlongs or start a new journey and the pop up

I'm in Chap 3.  Wasn't able to play much last night because I felt like shit and just wanted to rest. I had to work today, but I'm done now, so it's going to be Wukong all nightlong  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Do you know the lock out cause? Is it if I progress past chapter 4?

Read up on duskveil. If you beat him too soon, you can miss out on two bosses - one of them own hard too. 

I know you need to talk to the Horse and Gourd NPCs in Chapters 1-5. Gourd NPC gives you a Gourd at the end of his quest line while Horse NPC gives you a Spell.

Then there's a few missable Unnamed Spirits and Boss fights. You basically get locked out of them if you beat the Chapter boss before fighting them.

None of the Secret Areas are permanently missable. 

Chapter 1- Ring 3 Bells

Chapter 2- Do the Boar quest

Chapter 3 - Great Pagoda. Have to clear all the other Secret Areas first.

Chapter 4- Make sure you fight Venomous Taoist boss and then fight him again at end of level to gain access to Secret Area.

Chapter 5 - Take care of the 4 Chariot Carts. Talk to Horse Warrior NPC.

Chapter 6 - No Secret Area.

• Like 1

Ok. I beat 

Spoiler

The first part of the final battle. I ditched pluck of fucks and got him on my first try today. Now I’m onto the second part (the great sage). Nikka stole my potion :deadest: I played twice, got pretty close, but died. I’ll have to set aside some time to formulate a strategy. He’s using my moves lol. Sneaky boss. 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damn. I’m like level 120. Did you dump more points into transformation? 

The ones I wanted to use yeah . It's not maxed or anything tho. Its the guys shield that makes it so hard. 

I feel like the stance I'm using might not be the best for this fight . Idk I'll mess around with him one more time later but it's just a waste of time at this point lol.

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

The ones I wanted to use yeah . It's not maxed or anything tho. Its the guys shield that makes it so hard. 

I feel like the stance I'm using might not be the best for this fight . Idk I'll mess around with him one more time later but it's just a waste of time at this point lol.

Try pillar. It’s pretty lethal. 

Do you have the Gourd that heals less HP but refills Qi?

That helped a lot since the fan is the only thing that seems to consistently take out his shield. Any Spirit Transformation that hits several times is good too. I used Top is Bottom, Bottom is Top.

Azure Dust Transformation (Rock form) is good too since Erlang's AI doesn't seem to understand what to do against it. You can basically force him back to the edge of the arena and pin him down with attacks. Don't do a full combo, just do single hits. It takes a decent chunk off his shield.

The thing with the shield is it gets stronger the more he reforms it. So the first shield is weak, 2nd shield is stronger, so on and on. You want to use the fan on the stronger shields, it's kind of wasted on weaker shields. Use Spirits and Transformations for the weaker shields.

Should mention there are 3 phases to this fight but the first phase is the problem. The 2nd and 3rd phases are just spectacle fights so you basically win for free.

• Like 2

I only used the ice wolf and the lightning guy. Just got a new one from the erlang fight will try that on the last bosses lol.

Took me 2x to do it but ima 100 percent it . I feel pretty accomplished.  

But I don't want to play a video game for a long time now ha

• aitch 1
52 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I need to start using transformations more. I did most of the game without them. 

Most of them suck because they're just wonky to control so I didn't use them much either. A couple of them are useful though. The "Bad Monkey" and Yellow Loong were the ones I mainly used, they don't feel like ass to control and they can apply Status Effects. "Bad Monkey" makes a lot of fights in Chapter 5 trivial since mostly everything is Fire type so they're weak to Frost.

• Upvote 1

Beat it again lol. I feel like i struggled more on the final boss than i did the first time.

The transformation you get from Erlang was cool to use on the last 2 bosses. Wasnt too effective but it was cool to see visually.

Also 4 always useable focus points slapped.

What a relief 

*starts 3rd playthrough*

JK I CANT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

Beat it again lol. I feel like i struggled more on the final boss than i did the first time.

The transformation you get from Erlang was cool to use on the last 2 bosses. Wasnt too effective but it was cool to see visually.

Also 4 always useable focus points slapped.

What a relief 

*starts 3rd playthrough*

JK I CANT

Man, you killed this game! Did you get the plat?

I have two trophies left but I'm not going to bother. I need the "All Seeds Collected" trophy and the "All Soaks, Brews, and Drinks" trophy.

The Seeds are fuckin annoying, it's completely RNG if you'll get one or not. I have 3 Seeds left but I just can't get them to drop. Doesn't help that it takes plants 20 minutes to respawn. I have over 600 Licorice collected and still no seed. The Celestial Pear and Fire Date have very limited plants present in the game so who knows how long it'd take to get them.

I need one more Soak but you can only get that one as a reward. A reward you get for handing in all the Seeds...

I fuckin hate bullshit RNG.

• dead 1