The Official Black Myth WuKong Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks like a steamdeck game stretched on  a large screen. No joke lol. 

This game owns! 

I'm in Chap 3.  Wasn't able to play much last night because I felt like shit and just wanted to rest. I had to work today, but I'm done now, so it's going to be Wukong all nightlong  

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Lmao cloud step is a must in chapter 4

It’s a must, in general, imo. I have tried numerous boss strategies, and that one appears to be the best, especially with the rapid heavy attack charge perk. But yeah, cloud step is essential for certain obstacles too..

Sheesh, the secret boss in the mural is rough. The boss isn't really the issue, the moveset really isn't too hard to figure out.

No, the gimmick is the problem, it's a really annoying gimmick to deal with. I basically had to rely on the fan vessel because nothing else seemed to be as effective. It took me about 12 tries to beat, although a couple of those tries were me experimenting with different Spirits and Transformations to see if status effects can work around the gimmick (note- they don't). Definitely the hardest boss in the game.

All that's left is the final boss but I'll do that tomorrow.

I just beat it. Final Boss is the best fight in the game IMO. Had a cool moveset and there is a couple genuine surprises that made me go, "Ohhhhh! Okay. Good shit, asshole". Not as hard as the other guy but the fight is a lot more fun because there's no gimmick to deal with.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I feel like this is going to be another game many people won’t end up finishing.

I’ll definitely go back. Chapter 4 is pretty great. I just didn’t feel like doing the gameplay loop (new boss, get familiar with moves, beat, repeat, try to get more gear). 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Started this. Still early as but this monkey character is pissing me off lol or maybe more so the english voice acting for him. Has anyone played this in chinese?

Main character doesn't talk so just get through the opening.

I ran thru again up to the wind sage just because i wanted payback on the fucker. I destroyed him before he could even change phase.

I was expecting NG+ to be more difficult but its been dumb easy so far. 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Not when the people you're referring to have already played and beat it to make their own decision about it :reg: 

Not speaking about anyone specific at all. Just the dumb notion that if someone doesn't beat a game it somehow means they think it's not good. And I'm saying that as someone that finishes practically everything he plays (that isn't just a 'see how this is' game on GP/Extra). GD for eg can put this aside and never return and still think it's one of the best games of the year. 

• Upvote 1