The Official Black Myth WuKong Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks like a steamdeck game stretched on  a large screen. No joke lol. 

Sooo lonnngggggg WuKooonnnnggggg and FUCK the final boss BITCH ASS CUNT     GOTY 100 percent for me   Now i can either try and Go kill Erlongs or start a new journey and the pop up

This game owns! 

Posted Images

Thats him alright. I went back to him and SMASHED him tho. I think he was one of the hardest bosses so far.

Just now, JonDnD said:

Thats him alright. I went back to him and SMASHED him tho. I think he was one of the hardest bosses so far.

I know I can take the fucker, but I'm just too fresh with the game atm.  I still got that Elden Ring muscle memory going on lol.  But yeah, I'm going to come back after a bit I think.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I know I can take the fucker, but I'm just too fresh with the game atm.  I still got that Elden Ring muscle memory going on lol.  But yeah, I'm going to come back after a bit I think.

What you get for beating him doesnt come into play til a bit later so you can skip. He takes a lot of damage. And if you dont stay on him he does that ground pound bullshit and hadokens your ass. He helped me get good at perfect dodges tho.

Just now, JonDnD said:

What you get for beating him doesnt come into play til a bit later so you can skip. He takes a lot of damage. And if you dont stay on him he does that ground pound bullshit and hadokens your ass. He helped me get good at perfect dodges tho.

Yeah, it's the range on that shit which keeps taking me by surprise.  Haven't figured out exactly when to dodge it yet.

Pretty cool design though.  This game is apparently full of them :smoke: 

It felt so good to stomp him out. But yeah the timing with him was hard to get down. And he was unpredictable. Some tries he just stomoed around at first and others he opened with a hadoken and ground pound. He really was a cunt.

I've enjoyed all of the bosses so far. The end boss of chapter one was one of the visually coolest bosses I can remember in a game.

And the game isn't souls hard so I feel like I have a fighting chance. Tho I just started chapter 2 and the first mini bosses stomped me like a bitch like 5 times. So I'm guessing chapter one was just kind of an introduction lol.

• aitch 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Getting this tomorrow :smoke:

You getting on PS5 or Steam Deck?  

I'm not sure how good this will perform on the Deck (I haven't tried it on there yet) but I have a feeling it wont run good man.  Prob should get it on PS5 to be safe.

@JonDnD Got up to the Black Wind King, tried him a couple times and decided to stop for the night.  This is the type of game where the pacing really makes you want to keep playing though!  I got 2 bells down.  :smoke:  Loving it so far.  This definitely is not a Souls game overall, that's for sure, though the combat is definitely Souls-like.  It's basically God of War exploration and character progression + Souls combat.  It's definitely far more manageable than Souls games and more straight forward in many ways.  There's things I really like about it, and some things which I wish were a bit better.  I love the fact that dying doesn't really punish you with regards to experience.  You still get sparks from fighting enemies and still get Wills allowing you to boost up your character, and it happens at a nice quick pace, at least so far.  Got the transformation ability.  I've got 2 so far.  I like the frog one.  Love the feeling of perfect dodges in this game.  Game keeps adding new things at a great pace as well.  Feels like my character is growing.

Some things I don't like so much.  Invisible walls.  This game is literally full of them lol.  But it's not too bad, it gives you the illusion that areas are bigger than they are, but it's all relatively straight forward.  And yet on that same note I do wish there was a map.

Of course there's other little things, but I'll hold off until I'm further in to see how those things pan out.  Game is cool as hell tho. B) 

Edited by Remij

Damm you got to black wind king already ?  Damn haha

The 3rd bell :cries:

It is basic by design . The invisible walls are real.  Could easily be a ps4 game for sure but I kind of appreciate that. I was burned on souls like games so this is refreshing . Boss after boss.

The frog slaps :moto:

5 hours ago, Remij said:

You getting on PS5 or Steam Deck?  

I'm not sure how good this will perform on the Deck (I haven't tried it on there yet) but I have a feeling it wont run good man.  Prob should get it on PS5 to be safe.

@JonDnD Got up to the Black Wind King, tried him a couple times and decided to stop for the night.  This is the type of game where the pacing really makes you want to keep playing though!  I got 2 bells down.  :smoke:  Loving it so far.  This definitely is not a Souls game overall, that's for sure, though the combat is definitely Souls-like.  It's basically God of War exploration and character progression + Souls combat.  It's definitely far more manageable than Souls games and more straight forward in many ways.  There's things I really like about it, and some things which I wish were a bit better.  I love the fact that dying doesn't really punish you with regards to experience.  You still get sparks from fighting enemies and still get Wills allowing you to boost up your character, and it happens at a nice quick pace, at least so far.  Got the transformation ability.  I've got 2 so far.  I like the frog one.  Love the feeling of perfect dodges in this game.  Game keeps adding new things at a great pace as well.  Feels like my character is growing.

Some things I don't like so much.  Invisible walls.  This game is literally full of them lol.  But it's not too bad, it gives you the illusion that areas are bigger than they are, but it's all relatively straight forward.  And yet on that same note I do wish there was a map.

Of course there's other little things, but I'll hold off until I'm further in to see how those things pan out.  Game is cool as hell tho. B) 

I haven’t decided yet. Two of my friends are playing on SD and they are enjoying it. Yeah, the visuals are not the best, but it’s all about the gameplay for me. But I may just get it for ps5. I’m going to do more research. I rather support Valve. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Potato5 prob much better than SD even with its problems 

Yeah, better safe than sorry.

So earlier this morning I beat Chapter 1.  That last boss fight was awesome for sure.   I'm a bit into Chapter 2 right now and yea, certain sections with those archers are a bitch, but you can reasonably deal it with the staff twirl.

Gonna have some lunch then jump back in.  This game pulls on me to just keep playing it :smoke: 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

So earlier this morning I beat Chapter 1.  That last boss fight was awesome for sure.   I'm a bit into Chapter 2 right now and yea, certain sections with those archers are a bitch, but you can reasonably deal it with the staff twirl.

Gonna have some lunch then jump back in.  This game pulls on me to just keep playing it :smoke: 

That’s what I hear. While it’s not a souls game, is has that “just a little more” dopamine rush. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Damn you went thru chapter 1 lol.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Damn you went thru chapter 1 lol.

Yea I did haha.  After I got deep into Chapter 2 I remembered that blue fucker in the forest area, so I went back and killed him.  Got his transformation and now I have him leveled up to 4 lol.  I like him because he hits hard and it's a short attack, so you can basically use him to extend combos and stagger. :wow2: 

Spoiler

Right now tho I'm stuck on the Stone Vanguard.  I almost get him but then those rock mofos swarm me. :(  I'll kill him tonight tho for sure.