• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BE SERIOUS GAIZ

🤡

PS5 PRO isn't launching at 700US dollars.  Be serious guys. 

Posted Images

On 2024-08-29 at 8:28 PM, DynamiteCop said:

If you want the disc drive it will be.

Nah, most I can see is them charging $600 for the console. Maybe $50 for an external disc drive. No way it launches at $700.

• Haha 1

Cows accepted the digital only i see lmao. SHEEP. What fakes lmao

If ps5 is 500 no way protato will be 600.

So we get a price drop on ps5 or pro will be 649 minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Officially revealed to be $1200 AUD here lol makes it like $1100 CAD

Just ridiculous.

I mean, don't get me wrong.. I understand there's a market for enthusiast devices of all kinds and that these devices aren't meant for everyone.. we all value things differently.. but I truly feel like with prices like this, and essentially not dropping prices of base consoles... they're pricing a big portion of the market who would typically buy these consoles in years 4-5-6, out of doing so.  People understand products like this "replacing" the previous produts at the higher price point, while the base products typically drop.. but of course it's not like that now, so it will be interesting to see how the 2nd half of this generation plays out.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Just ridiculous.

I mean, don't get me wrong.. I understand there's a market for enthusiast devices of all kinds and that these devices aren't meant for everyone.. we all value things differently.. but I truly feel like with prices like this, and essentially not dropping prices of base consoles... they're pricing a big portion of the market who would typically buy these consoles in years 4-5-6, out of doing so.  People understand products like this "replacing" the previous produts at the higher price point, while the base products typically drop.. but of course it's not like that now, so it will be interesting to see how the 2nd half of this generation plays out.

I had said in a prior thread that I really think this is a niche product. 15-20% of total PS5 sales from now on would be a success to them. Similar to PS4 Pro. 

Also think that they view it as an upgrade device, so the 'cost' they will push in store is the difference between the trade in value of the PS5 and the Pro. Also zero competition from MS now so they can just have this unique device on the market and see how it goes without having to be too competitive on price. MS having a $599 XSX doesn't help either lol.

Still think it practically sells out at launch, there is enough enthusiasts to carry it through.

No disc drive means no go for me and I hate attachments.