• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BE SERIOUS GAIZ

🤡

PS5 PRO isn't launching at 700US dollars.  Be serious guys. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

If it's 4070 level that's not a bad price but it ain't gonna sell much . I doubt devs will put much focus on it 

It would be about the same as a 7700 which would put it right in between a 3070 and a 3070 TI. People hoping for a 4070 equivalent GPU :mj:

This thing is going to be last generation middle of the road performance. Please be excited.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol that's literally why it's a hindrance. 

The retard just doesn’t get it. He thinks devs are avoiding Xbox because of some mass conspiracy against MS or because they are “lazy”  :hest:

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol that's literally why it's a hindrance. 

Optimizing games is a hindrance? You are just as dumb as him. Out of the thousands of games that have released only a handful have been an "issue", and you can chalk that up to people who just don't want to do their job.

Far better looking games performing just fine, technologically more demanding games working just fine. Lazy developers are not a slight against a system.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Optimizing games is a hindrance? You are just as dumb as him. Out of the thousands of games that have released only a handful have been an "issue", and you can chalk that up to people who just don't want to do their job.

Far better looking games performing just fine, technologically more demanding games working just fine. Lazy developers are not a slight against a system.

More work = hindrance, yes. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

More work = hindrance, yes. 

Optimization by definition is a hindrance, it's also a part of their job. The system itself is not a hindrance.

If they're not doing their job they're fucking lazy. Developers used to code for multitudes of custom created hardware systems, the Series S is just an x86 PC so please spare me the bullshit.

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

MS' price for their new Xbox makes that look cheap :hest:

Either way, what you get for $700 is still great value. No way you build a comparative PC for that amount. But it will be a niche product just like the original Pro. These aren't mass market machines

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Either way, what you get for $700 is still great value. No way you build a comparative PC for that amount. But it will be a niche product just like the original Pro. These aren't mass market machines

This is a bad take. 

$200 more for a power upgrade which also means an improvement in performance in PSVR2 games AND you're getting hardware under warranty again?

Yeah, that's not a problem.

And Gamestop has been having some crazy trade in deals right now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

$200 more for a power upgrade which also means an improvement in performance in PSVR2 games AND you're getting hardware under warranty again?

Jerky IDK what the fuck you got grounded for my man but its good to see you're allowed screen time again. 

6 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

:kaz: A $700 PS5 Pro will shit all over a $700 PC. You can’t build a decent PC with anything less than $1000. A $700 PC would be a total potato in today’s PC market. You’re much better off taking the Pro for that price if you care about price to performance. 

Not only is a PC massively more useful, it'll never go artificially obsolete. There are amazing games coming out this year that could've run on PS3 but PS3 is long dead. Won't happen on PC. Plus you're paying $80/year to play online which I will never do.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

PSVR2 is dead, also these consoles should both be > $400 now.

You're not getting some kind of magical deal because 9th gen consoles are still grossly overpriced. 4 years old and still $500 :holeup:

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Not only is a PC massively more useful, it'll never go artificially obsolete. There are amazing games coming out this year that could've run on PS3 but PS3 is long dead. Won't happen on PC. Plus you're paying $80/year to play online which I will never do.

I like PC gaming but let’s not pretend the upfront cost isn’t massive. A $700 PC in 2024 is a piece of shit. Even back in the day $700 was barely cutting it and that’s before mining and COVID took over. With parts being way more expensive these days the only way you’ll get performance remotely close to what you’ll get on a console is with used parts and that defeats the purpose since you are out of warranty.

PC gaming is great but extreme budget PC builds are shit nowadays and devs don’t even bother optimizing for PC. The PS5 Pro hardware will carry you way longer than a $700 PC will. You won’t be running newer games with graphics anywhere close to a Pro. The only way a $700 PC makes sense now is if you only play old games and indie games. More power to you if you do but a lot of gamers want to also be able to play the latest AAA games and with the Pro you will be doing that for far longer.

Keep in mind, I’m not saying a PS5 Pro is better than PC gaming, but if you want the best bang for your buck you aren’t beating the Pro. Where PC gaming really starts shining is with medium to high end rigs. The low-end Potato builds aren’t with it nowadays with inflation and higher prices unless you only want to play older games and indies. You’ll be saving on online access fees but you won’t be playing GTA6 or any of the newer games coming out at acceptable standards.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

I like PC gaming but let’s not pretend the upfront cost isn’t massive. A $700 PC in 2024 is a piece of shit. Even back in the day $700 was barely cutting it and that’s before mining and COVID took over. With parts being way more expensive these days the only way you’ll get performance remotely close to what you’ll get on a console is with used parts and that defeats the purpose since you are out of warranty.

PC gaming is great but extreme budget PC builds are shit nowadays and devs don’t even bother optimizing for PC. The PS5 Pro hardware will carry you way longer than a $700 PC will. You won’t be running newer games with graphics anywhere close to a Pro. The only way a $700 PC makes sense now is if you only play old games and indie games. More power to you if you do but a lot of gamers want to also be able to play the latest AAA games and with the Pro you will be doing that for far longer.

Keep in mind, I’m not saying a PS5 Pro is better than PC gaming, but if you want nah for buck you aren’t beating the Pro. Where PC gaming really starts shining is with medium to high end rigs. The play low end Potato builds aren’t with it nowadays unless you only want to play older games and indies. You’ll be saving on online access fees but you won’t be playing GTA6 or any of the newer games coming out at acceptable standards.

For a brief window, less than 2 years, the PS5 Pro will be an excellent bang for your buck. And until SteamOS has close to universal hardware support, anticheat sorted, etc I can understand why a Playstation is just better for a lot of people. Btw I own a PS5 from early on.

There's fun to be had at all levels of PC performance. I love the steam deck. I have a mid-range (6700xt) mini PC in the living room. Gaming laptops like ASUS g16 offer an amazing value right now. I really avoid the highest high end like a 4090 because it requires a big chassis, power, and cooling.  I rarely spend more than 1200 to build a PC. It can be done without too many compromises for ~800.

The walled garden of Playstation is getting too restrictive. The online subscription is insane and has got to go. Buying dlc and f2p shit is way more valuable on PC where you can take it with you across a lot of hardware. PlayStation's inconsistent policies against cross play and cross save are annoying vendor lock-in. More and more they're doing scammy, anti consumer shit. Valve has a pretty good record for not fucking me over as a user.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

So wait, despite Sony not having lowered the price of the base POS5 tard, you are trying to audaciously say that POS5 Promastered will be a "niche" product that is not meant to be mass marketed?

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

For a brief window, less than 2 years, the PS5 Pro will be an excellent bang for your buck. And until SteamOS has close to universal hardware support, anticheat sorted, etc I can understand why a Playstation is just better for a lot of people. Btw I own a PS5 from early on.

There's fun to be had at all levels of PC performance. I love the steam deck. I have a mid-range (6700xt) mini PC in the living room. Gaming laptops like ASUS g16 offer an amazing value right now. I really avoid the highest high end like a 4090 because it requires a big chassis, power, and cooling.  I rarely spend more than 1200 to build a PC. It can be done without too many compromises for ~800.

The walled garden of Playstation is getting too restrictive. The online subscription is insane and has got to go. Buying dlc and f2p shit is way more valuable on PC where you can take it with you across a lot of hardware. PlayStation's inconsistent policies against cross play and cross save are annoying vendor lock-in. More and more they're doing scammy, anti consumer shit. Valve has a pretty good record for not fucking me over as a user.

I understand where you’re coming from. Personally for me, online fees aren’t an issue on console since the multiplayer games I play are mostly F2P. Battlefield 2042 is the only multiplayer game that costs money for me to play online and I rarely play it these days so my PS Plus lapses and I don’t even care.

Yea, like you said, you own a midrange PC so you’re good. The PS5 Pro really isn’t for you. For anyone looking for good performance on a budget build I think the PS5 Pro has quite a bit to offer. I really wouldn’t recommend a potato build over a PS5 Pro. Yes, you’ll be saving money initially but the hardware will become outdated faster than the Pro will since it’s already weaker than a Pro and you’ll be forced to upgrade eventually to keep up. 

I had a friend that built a potato rig at the start of the gen and he’s had to upgrade since to keep playing AAA games at pace with the PS5. The PC market right now is just very expensive and I honestly won’t recommend anyone to go for a potato build. Medium range PC build is the sweet spot IMO.