Another game delayed indefinitely on Xbox consoles (Enotria: The Last Song)

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

But even in the beautifully detailed world of Enotria, there is bound to be some darkness.

Hello Maskless Ones,
We are thrilled to be a few weeks away from Enotria: The Last Song launching digitally on PC and PlayStation 5 on September 19th, 2024. We're also very excited to have physical PlayStation 5 editions coming a few months later.

Enotria has been a passion project of ours for years, and we cannot wait to see you bring the fight to the Authors to put a finite end to the twisted eternal play, Canovaccio.
But even in the beautifully detailed world of Enotria, there is bound to be some darkness.
Unfortunately, at this time, we have to announce an indefinite delay of the Xbox version.

We understand how disappointing this news is to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts and the hard work of our dedicated team, we've encountered challenges that have delayed our release on the Xbox platform. We want to emphasize that this is not a decision we've made lightly.

https://x.com/enotriagame/status/1830647488627593249

Man, I wish twitter embedding still worked :meh: 

Anyway... yea here's another game which is being delayed on Xbox.. and while I know everything points to the Series S.. I think developers just simply aren't prioritizing Xbox at all anymore and would rather put more effort upfront into versions that actually sell... because this is not a game that should have any issues running on a Series S.

Worth noting that the more and more developers come forward about delaying their Xbox versions of games for whatever reasons, just embolden others to do the same.. and that will inevitably lead to an even deeper cratering of their console sales.  Things ain't looking good for MS at this point.

So basically is seems like the reason for issues with Xbox platforms.. is that MS isn't supporting these studios and responding to and providing them with timely feedback and certifications..

https://x.com/enotriagame/status/1830674296978407743

What the hell is going on at Xbox?  I heard this about another game earlier and just sort of hand waived it off as an isolated issue with a specific game.. but it's starting to feel like MS made cuts to Xbox's developer support channels and now games simply aren't being reviewed and certified fast enough for some developers so they're basically prioritizing the versions which they get full support for... ie PC and Playstation.  It's better for them to delay their games on Xbox, and use this time optimizing those two platforms and then deal with MS when they finally get around to them.

That kind of treatment is not going to draw developers to your platform... it's going to push them away.  It's about time Phil starts answering for this shit... because it's starting to feel like if developers don't go for GamePass deals they don't get the same level of support from Xbox.

Edited by Remij
3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

The list and reasons for people to abandon Xbox like I did full stop just keeps growing.

Fixed.

Edited by lynux3
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Hey Remipee remember when you tried arguing with me about how Series S wasn't negatively impacting devs and the development of their games?

Why don't you try reading what I posted again?

Series S isn't the problem... the game is essentially ready to go as the devs have stated...  They simply have not responded to their request for submission...  Which means that they aren't providing support and certification, which is why companies are having problems optimizing and releasing games on Xbox.

Just now, Cell said:

Lemij HBO :lawl:

Kinda hard to be owned when the dev literally states and proves him wrong... but keep slurping Cell... someone else will have their dick in your mouth shortly :tom:  

Another example right here...  Games are done, but Xbox support hasn't responded and certified the game, causing delays.

BROoO11.png

I really wonder what the fuck is going on at Xbox.  I'm guessing Xbox support is prioritizing games which make deals to be on GamePass over other games.  Either that, or they've cut back on their support substantially.. which is a sign that they might be readying to pull the plug. 

Edited by Remij
2 hours ago, Remij said:

Why don't you try reading what I posted again?

Series S isn't the problem... the game is essentially ready to go as the devs have stated...  They simply have not responded to their request for submission...  Which means that they aren't providing support and certification, which is why companies are having problems optimizing and releasing games on Xbox.

Dude, there's more than enough evidence of devs shitting on Series S due its technical limitations and how that affects their games. Its not just the certification process.

Look at STALKER 2 and Dune Awakening.

Series S sucks but the problem is Unreal Engine 5. Almost all UE5 games are trash on all consoles and even PC. Stalker devs werent shitting on Series S either. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Dude, there's more than enough evidence of devs shitting on Series S due its technical limitations and how that affects their games. Its not just the certification process.

Look at STALKER 2 and Dune Awakening.

Well this is where you start to misrepresent what I've said.  I never said that the Series S wouldn't be harder to optimize for, or an issue... I said it wouldn't hold games back... and it's not.  These games are all releasing regardless of the Series S, and aren't being compromised.  Like I said before.. the problem here, and it would make sense in many other cases as well, is that MS is simply not providing the support these companies require to submit their games and receive feedback.  Meanwhile on the other hand, look at what Sony is doing.  They're apparently providing first class support to these companies to ensure the PS versions are as optimized as possible and certified by their expected dates.

MS is really dropping the ball here and this is outside of any Series S bullshit.  They're failing to provide support to developers who are making all manner of games on their platform.. from indie to high profile AAA.  It's honestly quite shocking to me how bad of a state things seem to be regarding this. 

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Series S is definitely a thorn in the side of game development. Come the fuck on. :drake:

Of course... just as multiple PC configs is :shrug:

54 minutes ago, Remij said:

Of course... just as multiple PC configs is :shrug:

Good. Now that that has been acknowledged we can move on that Series S is indeed a burden and the PC configurations are just basically a, “well, fuck with your ini files or whatever is necessary to compensate for your wasted money”. :drake:

6 hours ago, Remij said:

Kinda hard to be owned when the dev literally states and proves him wrong... but keep slurping Cell... someone else will have their dick in your mouth shortly :tom:  

Let's be real here your dick ain't going in anyone's mouth dude. 

:mj: