Astro Bot Discussion Thread

Game is awesome so far. I just started the second world, unlocked some challenge levels and the game really shines in those. Controls and presentation are just top notch, not often you see this kind of polish in a game. So many little touches that bring everything together.

Odyssey is the natural comparison so I'll go with that, I think it does some things better and others worse in the gameplay department:

-Astro leaves a bit to be desired in terms of movement. Everything feels super smooth but being limited to jump and hover, compared to what you can do as Mario in Odyssey (jump, backflip, long jump, cap throws to extend mobility, etc). it does feel a bit basic. Obviously the open world nature of Odyssey gives them a bit more flexibility but I would like to have seen Astro get an extra move or two. 

-I think the weakest part of both games is the difficulty not allowing the controls to truly shine. Not enough areas where you're forced to be precise. Granted, I got a ways to go in Astro, so hopefully the challenge ramps up. The challenge levels just feel so much better than the normal levels in terms of traversal. 

-Levels are obviously way more linear and I think that's to the benefit of Astro. Doesn't feel as bloated and it really throws ideas at you at a great pace, nothing outstays its welcome. It also lets them design entire levels around single powerups which has been well executed so far. I'd say the powerups are mostly good with a couple being great and one or two that are just whatever.

-A few of the haptic control things aren't the best imo. The monkey one is annoying (think this was in playroom).

• aitch 2
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plat done!   One of the most truly pure enjoyable games I have ever played.    It has absolutely incredible range in it's level design, settings, themes. I love the linear nature o

lemmorrhoids

This thread is ACTIVE

Posted Images

Lmao at the lemtards being so starved for games they're flocking to this like flies on shit. Let's just pretend all those threads about Sony first party games you guys made don't exist eh kids. 

:tom:

I'm going to pick this up after SM2. :datass:

• dead 1
8 minutes ago, Cell said:

Lmao at the lemtards being so starved for games they're flocking to this like flies on shit. Let's just pretend all those threads about Sony first party games you guys made don't exist eh kids. 

:tom:

I'm going to pick this up after SM2. :datass:

I haven’t bought a single game for my ps5 in over two years. 

that’s how long it took for something worthy to release. 

lmfao. 

When the lemmings play the cows games before they do :ANYWORD:

Just goes to show the cows and the sheep that hide behind them are just mental patients that are obsessed with coming her for the WAR :rofls:

36 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

When the lemmings play the cows games before they do :ANYWORD:

Just goes to show the cows and the sheep that hide behind them are just mental patients that are obsessed with coming her for the WAR :rofls:

So you are a lemming?

I thought you kept saying we were "making lemmings"?

Jenocchio can't keep his story straight. :lawl:

Edited by Cell
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Cell said:

So you are a lemming?

I thought you kept saying we were "making lemmings"?

Jenocchio can't keep his story straight. :lawl:

Wow you are a DUMB FUCK

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Wow you are a DUMB FUCK

No, no. Nice try, but no. 

You're A bullshitter and only second in line to Mala for the crown of dumbest lemming. And that dude rode a bus to school were the kids licked the windows. 

Edited by Cell
  • dead 1
6 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Play a game :rofls: sick fuck

This weak ass bait is as weak as your little chicken arms. Stay mad Jenocchio. 

:geese:

• Haha 1