Astro Bot Discussion Thread

One final level left and I don't want to game to end. Easily my GOTY and prob my game of the gen so far. Takes me back to my fav era of gaming which was the PS2 platforming days of Jak, Ratchet, Sly, right after the epicness of Crash and Spyro. 

• Like 1
  • aitch 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lemmorrhoids

Plat done!   One of the most truly pure enjoyable games I have ever played.    It has absolutely incredible range in it's level design, settings, themes. I love the linear nature o

This thread is ACTIVE

Posted Images

Plat done!

One of the most truly pure enjoyable games I have ever played. 

It has absolutely incredible range in it's level design, settings, themes. I love the linear nature of it's platforming, it's what originally made me a huge crash fan. It allows levels to be built around specific power ups as opposed to roaming open levels looking for that one area to use a power up. It's controls are simple but super responsive and tight. As far as platforming goes it's a clean as you can imagine with a simple movement set but levels built around it to truly make it shine. 

Probably has some of my fav ever boss fights in a 3d platformer ever. Outside of the gorilla in world 1, nearly all the others are excellent and some feel truly epic. 

Don't want to really get into any spoilers but the game is just so much more than fun references to PlayStation/gaming history. There is numerous levels built completely around other games that incorporate gameplay elements from said games. Nearly all are excellent and again the World 1 level is the weakest. On top of that the actual characters that pop up are awesome. Many many surprises, specifically 3rd party surprises. The game then also has a sort of town building aspect where they will populate your Hub world and you can get each of them a related item. Each comes with a unique animation related to their IP also. 

Challenge wise the game is fairly simple except for some much harder levels late one. Can't wait for them to incorporate time trails and speed run stuff like Playroom had. it's the one little extra layer of depth the game is missing. 

Technically the game is nigh on perfect in every regard. Graphics, performance are stunning and the music is so so damn good. Cool remixes of classics with the Astro Bot style.

Overall 10/10 for me. GOTY and maybe even GOTG. Feels like the most made for me game ever made tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • aitch 2

Astro Bot started off really strong on PSVR. I'm not surprised this turned out great. Even that free playroom game on PS5 looks cool.

Team Asobi feels like old school Sony studio, when they used to take risks and push original games from smaller studios.

4 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I think I can just use my phone tho right? 

Absolutely, with Remote Play, but you miss out on all the DualSense goodness.

Edited by lynux3
45 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I couldn’t really care less about it tbh. Adds nothing. Tho I wonder how the game will play without it 

To each their own. It works.

2 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I couldn’t really care less about it tbh. Adds nothing. Tho I wonder how the game will play without it 

Will still play the same. Just some cool little additions and immersion with it. Especially since you literally ride a dual sense in the game lol

Played this last night at a friends house. It feels exactly like a Nintendo game. Like Mario 3d world with some Mario Galaxy. 

Just now, Cooke said:

Played this last night at a friends house. It feels exactly like a Nintendo game. Like Mario 3d world with some Mario Galaxy. 

Pretty much. Still fun but definitely on the lower end of platforming IMO. 

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Will still play the same. Just some cool little additions and immersion with it. Especially since you literally ride a dual sense in the game lol

How are you gonna blow into the controller for the bubble level lol