Unfortunately it seems like Astro-Bot isn't selling too well (?) UK sales are ~2/3rds of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart from 2021

Lmao, Gouko nuked this thread hard but as usual lemmings are either flat out acting retarded or trying to spin. 

And Rimij why the fuck you writing essays in here. You posted physical sales, He comes in with the digital data you missed and you start talking about highlighting the fact those digital sales are also uk only in his post? If you really want Astro to do as well as you say/pretend then all you needed was a touch of humility and to come out with "oh wow, awesome". Instead you replied with that shit. Ok.  

:hest:

Also I'll say this, saying games like Sonic and Crash are old and irrelevant is just flat out fucking nonsense. Those games are still HIGHLY recognisable and have instant brand recognition, crash remaster sold well very recently. Astrobot on the other hand has nowhere near that level of popularity with the casual consumer so it is only a credit it has sold so well relative to those games. 

Edited by Cell
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With digital data for the UK.    https://x.com/Chris_Dring/status/1835024115654344734?t=rE18nYdy8VwAG8hueVDhtA   "Astro is the fastest selling original platform game outside of Mar

Mat Piscatella - In US Astro Bot ranked 2nd in unit for w/e Sept 7th (behind only NBA 2K25), and the Astro DualSense was the best-selling accessory

Can't wait to play it 2 years from now  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I’m still kind of laughing about how dipshitmij couldn’t figure out UK sales. :drake:

I understand it just fine.  Doesn't change the fact that physical sales are lower than I expected them to be, hence the thread...and the (?) in the title.. There's 2x the amount of PS5's out there now compared to when Ratchet launched.. and this game is a love letter to PS' entire history at a time where there's been no big PS first party launches.. :drake:  

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I understand it just fine.  Doesn't change the fact that physical sales are lower than I expected them to be, hence the thread...and the (?) in the title.. There's 2x the amount of PS5's out there now compared to when Ratchet launched.. and this game is a love letter to PS' entire history at a time where there's been no big PS first party launches.. :drake:  

I’m sorry, I need some clarification about the obvious. :drake:

45 minutes ago, Cell said:

Lmao, Gouko nuked this thread hard but as usual lemmings are either flat out acting retarded or trying to spin. 

And Rimij why the fuck you writing essays in here. You posted physical sales, He comes in with the digital data you missed and you start talking about highlighting the fact those digital sales are also uk only in his post? If you really want Astro to do as well as you say/pretend then all you needed was a touch of humility and to come out with "oh wow, awesome". Instead you replied with that shit. Ok.  

:hest:

Also I'll say this, saying games like Sonic and Crash are old and irrelevant is just flat out fucking nonsense. Those games are still HIGHLY recognisable and have instant brand recognition, crash remaster sold well very recently. Astrobot on the other hand has nowhere near that level of popularity with the casual consumer so it is only a credit it has sold so well relative to those games. 

lmao asks me why I'm writing essays here.... in his own essay :drake: 

I didn't miss digital data.... physical sales are lower than I expected... and I already gave perfectly valid reasons why I believe they should be higher than Ratchet.  And sweetie... I already DID give a touch of humility... when I responded to FIREPOWER.. :lemming:  But thanks for proving that you clowns just look for reasons to argue further about it... after it was already settled.  As for the Crash and Sonic comparisons... like I already said... it is NOT surprising to me that it beating those games..  Dude..lmao.. yes Crash and Sonic have been god damn irrelevant for over a damn decade.. with Sonic JUST NOW starting to gain back some momentum..  AstroBot LITERALLY USES PLAYSTATIONS ENTIRE HISTORY AND NOSTALGIA to cash in and gain popularity..

13 hours ago, Remij said:

Why doesn't Chris Dring wait until all sales are out, like a reasonable person? :lemming: 

Look,  if you can't take a simple thread saying it seems like Astro isn't selling too well based off Chris Dring's post, then too bad for you.  And where exactly am I "doubling and tripling down"... Firepower came in, showed the full data, and digital picked up a lot of slack and I said I'm glad for the game....?  It's not "concern trolling" to say that it's not THAT impressive that it beat a some old platformers.. Sonic ain't been popular like that for ages... neither has Crash.  I mean those franchises both almost died and went away forever...   I also gave reasons as to why I expected this game to doing better relative to other games like Ratchet.. such as having a far bigger install base... and almost no other big first party releases from Sony in a year.  This game reviewed extremely well and had great hype going into it's release.  Crash and Sonic are typically AA quality games.. Astro has that AAA-tinge of Mario.  

Obviously I expected the game to do well, which is why I made the thread.  Look dude... the fact that physical sales are down compared to Ratchet and Clank is still surprising to me, regardless of whether it's sold more overall.  Like I said, install base is far bigger, among many other things.

It's funny how I can never suck a games dick just right for you fucks to not try to come at me with some bullshit.. but yeah, this is all rich coming from you... where were you in the past when Xbox UK threads were being posted about retail sales and PS accounting for x or y percent of a game's sales...  I don't remember you telling people to wait for digital data to come in to paint an accurate picture... knowing full well Xbox is mostly digital. :roll: 

Anyway, say whatever you want.  I'm glad the game is doing well.  I'll play it on PC for sure :juggle: 

Lynux3 literally said why not wait for digital, you responded "NO" and doubled down on your concern trolling.

Digital came out, you got bodied.  Cry more :mario:

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lynux3 literally said why not wait for digital, you responded "NO" and doubled down on your concern trolling.

Digital came out, you got bodied.  Cry more :mario:

I said why can't we talk about the information we get when we get it.  Why can't I make a thread speaking about Astro's physical sales compared to Ratchet, given the MASSIVE change in PS5 user base since then?  You don't SEEM to understand what "seems like" and "(?)" right in the title means.

I made no comment about the games overall sales... except that I expected them to be higher physically that Ratchet.  So the only one concern trolling here is YOU... literally in this thread because you think I'm downplaying the game :tom: 

Edited by Remij
15 minutes ago, Remij said:

I said why can't we talk about the information we get when we get it.  Why can't I make a thread speaking about Astro's physical sales compared to Ratchet, given the MASSIVE change in PS5 user base since then?  You don't SEEM to understand what "seems like" and "(?)" right in the title means.

I made no comment about the games overall sales... except that I expected them to be higher physically that Ratchet.  So the only one concern trolling here is YOU... literally in this thread because you think I'm downplaying the game :tom: 

Again dip shit as I said in my other post, if that was your true intent you would have responded differently when Lynux3 said wait for digital.....but you didn't. 

And now when the digital came in and the game did do much better then you initially thought... Your first response was to try to downplay it by saying "Kirby and Crash etc don't sell that much anyways"... When in fact the crash remasters sold gang busters and so did that Kirby game on Switch. 

2nd fastest selling platformer in UK in the last 10 years. Only Mario has sold faster. You claim you wanted to see Astro bot do well, and it did well. 

Remij - "That's unfortunate.  Hopefully sales in Japan and NA are solid." 

UK sales did fine all by itself. :sass2:

Edited by Goukosan
34 minutes ago, Remij said:

Goukosanalist.net "PRO ain't launching at 700US dollars.  Be srs guiz. " :lemming: 

:rofl: :rofls: :cruise: 

He's deflecting so hard. :rofls:

It's like he think we can't read the first page of this thread anymore. :rofl:

6 hours ago, Remij said:

lmao asks me why I'm writing essays here.... in his own essay :drake: 

I didn't miss digital data.... physical sales are lower than I expected... and I already gave perfectly valid reasons why I believe they should be higher than Ratchet.  And sweetie... I already DID give a touch of humility... when I responded to FIREPOWER.. :lemming:  But thanks for proving that you clowns just look for reasons to argue further about it... after it was already settled.  As for the Crash and Sonic comparisons... like I already said... it is NOT surprising to me that it beating those games..  Dude..lmao.. yes Crash and Sonic have been god damn irrelevant for over a damn decade.. with Sonic JUST NOW starting to gain back some momentum..  AstroBot LITERALLY USES PLAYSTATIONS ENTIRE HISTORY AND NOSTALGIA to cash in and gain popularity..

There's so much stupidity in this post it hurts my Brain. 

I think this is my favourite bit though:

"Dude..lmao.. yes Crash and Sonic have been god damn irrelevant for over a damn decade."

Crash N. Sane Trilogy sales jump to 20 million copies

^This was in April 2024. 

Pussij been hitting the crack pipe hard today. 

:rofl:

Edited by Cell