Unfortunately it seems like Astro-Bot isn't selling too well (?) UK sales are ~2/3rds of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart from 2021

2 minutes ago, Cell said:

There's so much stupidity in this post it hurts my Brain. 

I think this is my favourite bit though:

"Dude..lmao.. yes Crash and Sonic have been god damn irrelevant for over a damn decade."

Crash N. Sane Trilogy sales jump to 20 million copies

^This was in April 2024. 

Pussij been hitting the crack pipe hard today. 

:rofl:

Jesus christ you're fucking stupid... see this is why you guys need things spelled out for you :cruise: 

Chris Dring said Astro is the fastest selling ORIGINAL platform game in the last 10 years.... Crash N.Sane Trilogy is not an original game dipshit.  Crash 4 is... and did not sell anywhere close to Crash N.Sane Trilogy.... and Crash N.Sane Trilogy is a collection of games........ from decades ago...when Crash was actually relevant :drake: 

Crash and Sonic have both been basically been forgettable for literal decades.. with recent releases doing decently but not spectacular.  Again, it's not a surprise that Astrobot... a game which capitalizes on NOSTALGIA, just like Crash N.Sane Trilogy... is doing well. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With digital data for the UK.    https://x.com/Chris_Dring/status/1835024115654344734?t=rE18nYdy8VwAG8hueVDhtA   "Astro is the fastest selling original platform game outside of Mar

Mat Piscatella - In US Astro Bot ranked 2nd in unit for w/e Sept 7th (behind only NBA 2K25), and the Astro DualSense was the best-selling accessory

Can't wait to play it 2 years from now  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The UK means WORLDWIDE! :lawl:

"With" implies multiple things together... and like I said, in the tweet there's no indication he's referring to the UK only.  Because if you'd actually READ the threads.....

image.thumb.png.54822970f6e0869d6c4dcad67abbf97b.png

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

"With" implies multiple things... and like I said, in the tweet there's no indication he's referring to the UK only.  Because if you'd actually READ the threads.....

image.thumb.png.54822970f6e0869d6c4dcad67abbf97b.png

WORLDWIDE!! :mroff:

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Jesus christ you're fucking stupid... see this is why you guys need things spelled out for you :cruise: 

Chris Dring said Astro is the fastest selling ORIGINAL platform game in the last 10 years.... Crash N.Sane Trilogy is not an original game dipshit.  Crash 4 is... and did not sell anywhere close to Crash N.Sane Trilogy.... and Crash N.Sane Trilogy is a collection of games........ from decades ago...when Crash was actually relevant :drake: 

Crash and Sonic have both been basically been forgettable for literal decades.. with recent releases doing decently but not spectacular.  Again, it's not a surprise that Astrobot... a game which capitalizes on NOSTALGIA, just like Crash N.Sane Trilogy... is doing well. 

I'm "fucking stupid" because I don't agree with you that a series that has literally just sold 20 millions units is "forgettable for literal decades" - what the fuck are you talking about you total buffoon? 

And why do you think you can just disregard a compilation from the series? Stfu with that shit. Seriously you're either high or just an absolute delinquent. 

You accused us of arguing for the sake of it and here you are peddling this garbage rather than just admitting that Crash Bandicoot is definitely not irrelevant and that Astro outperforming it was a good thing for Astrobot against competition that, again, is not irrelevant. 

Why is that so hard you? 

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

11 minutes ago, Cell said:

I'm "fucking stupid" because I don't agree with you that a series that has literally just sold 20 millions units is "forgettable for literal decades" - what the fuck are you talking about you total buffoon? 

And why do you think you can just disregard a compilation from the series? Stfu with that shit. Seriously you're either high or just an absolute delinquent. 

You accused us of arguing for the sake of it and here you are peddling this garbage rather than just admitting that Crash Bandicoot is definitely not irrelevant and that Astro outperforming it was a good thing for Astrobot against competition that, again, is not irrelevant. 

Why is that so hard you? 

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Lmfao this idiot still acting like Crash has been relevant for the past 20 years :rofls::rofl:  with one new game since 1999 :mj:

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Please explain why a game with 20 million sales is irrelevant. 

Because those sales come from nostalgia.......from back when those games were relevant :drake:

Crash 4 did not sell nearly as great.  Crash Team Racing bombed hard...

You are acting like Crash has remained relevant this entire time.... when he simply hasn't.  A new Crash game doesn't have nearly the amount of importance that it once had.... you know that.. so stop beaking :cosby2:

Edited by Remij
27 minutes ago, Remij said:

Because those sales come from nostalgia.......from back when those games were relevant :drake:

Crash 4 did not sell nearly as great.  Crash Team Racing bombed hard...

You are acting like Crash has remained relevant this entire time.... when he simply hasn't.  A new Crash game doesn't have nearly the amount of importance that it once had.... you know that.. so stop beaking :cosby2:

To say that crash is as relevant as his late 90s heyday would be moronic. To say that crash is 'irrelevant' is also moronic. The reason being the character is still instantly recognisable to a large proportion of the gaming community to this day which is easily demonstrable by the large sales pull of the title. Nostalgia only adds, not subtracts, from a games relevancy. I'm not making a claims about how important new crash games are and you know I'm not, I'm simply saying that calling the series is irrelevant is moronic and that Astrobot has arguably had harder default position to launch from against crash because of the instant brand recognition with crash which simply did not exist with Astro. 

There's one of two things going on here. You're either retarded, or you're making arguments you probably don't believe at a fundamental level but because you are indeed the fanboy you pretend so hard to not be, here you are doing it. In this case it would explain the ridiculous position you're taking on a trivial matter which is easy to most people that take a balanced view - is crash 'irrelevant'? Obviously not. 

Like I said, your fanboy is showing. 

:RISITAS:

Edited by Cell
23 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Thread backfire :hest:

No it isn't.. jesus christ.. if you guys could actually just attribute what a thread is about to what it is actually about there's no backfire.  I never said the game wasn't going to sell, I said it SEEMS like it might not be selling that great, since the install base has grown so much since Ratchet....

You guys lose your shit every time someone doesn't suck a Sony game's cock enough for your opinions :shake: 

27 minutes ago, Cell said:

To say that crash is as relevant as his late 90s heyday would be moronic. To say that crash is 'irrelevant' is also moronic. The reason being the character is still instantly recognisable to a large proportion of the gaming community to this day which is easily demonstrable by the large sales pull of the title. Nostalgia only adds, not subtracts, from a games relevancy. I'm not making a claims about how important new crash games are and you know I'm not, I'm simply saying that calling the series is irrelevant is moronic and that Astrobot has arguably had harder default position to launch from against crash because of the instant brand recognition with crash which simply did not exist with Astro. 

There's one of two things going on here. You're either retarded, or you're making arguments you probably don't believe at a fundamental level but because you are indeed the fanboy you pretend so hard to not be, here you are doing it. In this case it would explain the ridiculous position you're taking on a trivial matter which is easy to most people that take a balanced view - is crash 'irrelevant'? Obviously not. 

Like I said, your fanboy is showing. 

Yes you are... you're LITERALLY trying to overstate Crash's important for the last decade... because a collection of games from BACK WHEN HE WAS RELEVANT, released and did well due to nostalgia.  He wasn't relevant AT ALL, for decades before that...  Crash 4 came and did alright... CTR bombed..  Crash ain't that guy anymore dude.

How the fuck is there any fanboy angle to this?... How does not being surprised that Astro sold more than Crash 4... make me a fanboy?  You're legit retarded.. and it's clear as day you have a chip on your shoulder :tom: 

7 hours ago, Remij said:

Yes you are... you're LITERALLY trying to overstate Crash's important for the last decade... because a collection of games from BACK WHEN HE WAS RELEVANT, released and did well due to nostalgia.  He wasn't relevant AT ALL, for decades before that...  Crash 4 came and did alright... CTR bombed..  Crash ain't that guy anymore dude.

How the fuck is there any fanboy angle to this?... How does not being surprised that Astro sold more than Crash 4... make me a fanboy?  You're legit retarded.. and it's clear as day you have a chip on your shoulder :tom: 

Nah, you're just acting retarded. Since you're having such a hard time understanding, I asked chatgpt if crash bandicoot was relevant in 2024, here was its answer:

Yes, Crash Bandicoot remains relevant in 2024, primarily due to a combination of recent game releases, continued fan interest, and its iconic status in gaming history.

Key Reasons for its Continued Relevance:

Recent Game Releases:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (2020): This direct sequel to the original trilogy was well-received, reviving interest in the franchise. It was praised for its challenging platforming and nostalgic appeal.

Crash Team Rumble (2023): A 4v4 multiplayer game that builds on the Crash universe, offering a fresh spin on the franchise’s formula. Though it’s a departure from the traditional platforming style, it demonstrates an effort to keep the series evolving.

Remasters and Re-releases:

The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017) successfully remastered the first three games and brought Crash back to the forefront of gaming, introducing the franchise to a new generation of players.

The Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2019) remaster also reinvigorated interest in the racing side of the franchise.

Cultural and Nostalgic Impact:

Crash Bandicoot is a beloved figure for gamers who grew up with the original PlayStation. Its resurgence has tapped into nostalgia while remaining relevant to current trends.

The franchise’s mascot status during the PlayStation 1 era still holds significance in gaming culture.

Ongoing Adaptations and Merchandising:

The character continues to appear in merchandise, crossover events, and even in fan-driven media. Crash has achieved icon status, much like Mario or Sonic, keeping him relevant outside of the core games.

Challenges to its Relevance:

Shifting Trends in Gaming: While Crash remains an iconic platforming character, modern gaming trends lean more toward open-world games, live-service models, and battle royales. Keeping up with these trends while maintaining Crash’s identity is a challenge for the franchise.

Success of Recent Releases: Though Crash Team Rumble had mixed reception, it’s essential that future titles strike a balance between innovation and what made Crash popular in the first place.

Overall, Crash Bandicoot remains a well-loved character in 2024, with ongoing potential if future releases continue to appeal to both long-time fans and newer audiences.

Let me know if you need help with this too. 

:mj:

3 hours ago, Cell said:

Nah, you're just acting retarded. Since you're having such a hard time understanding, I asked chatgpt if crash bandicoot was relevant in 2024, here was its answer:

Yes, Crash Bandicoot remains relevant in 2024, primarily due to a combination of recent game releases, continued fan interest, and its iconic status in gaming history.

Key Reasons for its Continued Relevance:

Recent Game Releases:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (2020): This direct sequel to the original trilogy was well-received, reviving interest in the franchise. It was praised for its challenging platforming and nostalgic appeal.

Crash Team Rumble (2023): A 4v4 multiplayer game that builds on the Crash universe, offering a fresh spin on the franchise’s formula. Though it’s a departure from the traditional platforming style, it demonstrates an effort to keep the series evolving.

Remasters and Re-releases:

The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017) successfully remastered the first three games and brought Crash back to the forefront of gaming, introducing the franchise to a new generation of players.

The Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2019) remaster also reinvigorated interest in the racing side of the franchise.

Cultural and Nostalgic Impact:

Crash Bandicoot is a beloved figure for gamers who grew up with the original PlayStation. Its resurgence has tapped into nostalgia while remaining relevant to current trends.

The franchise’s mascot status during the PlayStation 1 era still holds significance in gaming culture.

Ongoing Adaptations and Merchandising:

The character continues to appear in merchandise, crossover events, and even in fan-driven media. Crash has achieved icon status, much like Mario or Sonic, keeping him relevant outside of the core games.

Challenges to its Relevance:

Shifting Trends in Gaming: While Crash remains an iconic platforming character, modern gaming trends lean more toward open-world games, live-service models, and battle royales. Keeping up with these trends while maintaining Crash’s identity is a challenge for the franchise.

Success of Recent Releases: Though Crash Team Rumble had mixed reception, it’s essential that future titles strike a balance between innovation and what made Crash popular in the first place.

Overall, Crash Bandicoot remains a well-loved character in 2024, with ongoing potential if future releases continue to appeal to both long-time fans and newer audiences.

Let me know if you need help with this too. 

:mj:

LMFAO.. literally the first thing it says.  Things that have been relevant don't need reviving idiot :kaz: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

LMFAO.. literally the first thing it says.  Things that have been relevant don't need reviving idiot :kaz: 

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? :mj:

No no, "literally the first thing it says" - is actually "Yes, Crash Bandicoot remains relevant in 2024". 

1 hour ago, Cell said:

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? :mj:

No no, "literally the first thing it says" - is actually "Yes, Crash Bandicoot remains relevant in 2024". 

LOL because you TOLD IT to respond in that way moron when you asked it "was Crash relevant in 2024"... 

Durr... I asked it why Crash is no longer as relevant as it was...

"Crash Bandicoot, once a major icon of the gaming world, isn't as prominent in 2024 for several reasons. While it had a resurgence with remastered versions and new games in recent years, the gaming industry is highly dynamic. Trends shift quickly, and new franchises or innovations can overshadow older ones. Additionally, competition from other popular franchises and changing consumer interests might have impacted Crash's visibility and relevance. However, it still has a dedicated fan base and occasionally reappears in new releases or collaborations."

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL because you TOLD IT to respond in that way moron when you asked it "was Crash relevant in 2024"... 

Durr... I asked it why Crash is no longer as relevant as it was...

"Crash Bandicoot, once a major icon of the gaming world, isn't as prominent in 2024 for several reasons. While it had a resurgence with remastered versions and new games in recent years, the gaming industry is highly dynamic. Trends shift quickly, and new franchises or innovations can overshadow older ones. Additionally, competition from other popular franchises and changing consumer interests might have impacted Crash's visibility and relevance. However, it still has a dedicated fan base and occasionally reappears in new releases or collaborations."

Insane trilogy sold 20 million Crash 4 sold 5 million. Its still a big franchises.