Unfortunately it seems like Astro-Bot isn't selling too well (?) UK sales are ~2/3rds of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart from 2021

3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

A single region with flailing physical sales and no digital data. Can we just wait until we see real sales numbers across multiple regions? 

No.  Why can't we make a thread and discuss aspects of the business in the UK as it is? 

The game has only sold 2/3rds of what Ratchet and Clank did at launch at retail and Chris Dring made the comparison to Ratchet and Clank for a reason.  It's clearly not doing as well as he expected it to.

And like I said... you have a far bigger install base now than when R&C launched on PS5.. so this game should realistically be clearing Ratchet's numbers whether physical or not.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With digital data for the UK.    https://x.com/Chris_Dring/status/1835024115654344734?t=rE18nYdy8VwAG8hueVDhtA   "Astro is the fastest selling original platform game outside of Mar

Mat Piscatella - In US Astro Bot ranked 2nd in unit for w/e Sept 7th (behind only NBA 2K25), and the Astro DualSense was the best-selling accessory

Can't wait to play it 2 years from now  

Posted Images

On 2024-09-10 at 4:51 PM, Remij said:

That's unfortunate.  Hopefully sales in Japan and NA are solid.  

On 2024-09-10 at 4:52 PM, JonDnD said:

Bad day for the cows :rofls:

On 2024-09-10 at 7:41 PM, JonDnD said:

The dismissal of UK sales LOL what a switch up this is

On 2024-09-10 at 7:53 PM, DynamiteCop said:

I love seeing you dumb shits come full circle lmfao. Now it doesn't matter, subjugated to endless UK physical sales threads by you twats, but now it means nothing.

:tom:

On 2024-09-11 at 11:35 AM, Long Ball Larry said:

🤣astronotbot🤣

With digital data for the UK. 

https://x.com/Chris_Dring/status/1835024115654344734?t=rE18nYdy8VwAG8hueVDhtA

"Astro is the fastest selling original platform game outside of Mario from the last 10 years. Bigger than Sonic, Crash, Yoshi, Kirby" 

Epic thread backfire:sass2:

Edited by Goukosan
  • Haha 1
  • dead 3
10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Astro is the fastest selling original platform game outside of Mario from the last 10 years. Bigger than Sonic, Crash, Yoshi, Kirby" 

Good to see it's doing better than physical suggested.  Should mention your quote refers to only the UK as of now.. but Sonic hasn't been big in forever, Crash 4 wasn't big either.  Yoshi and Kirby.. well, those are more Japanese oriented franchises anyway.  It's not surprising to me that it beat any of those games in the last 10 years.

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Good to see it's doing better than physical suggested.  Should mention your quote refers to only the UK as of now.. but Sonic hasn't been big in forever, Crash 4 wasn't big either.  Yoshi and Kirby.. well, those are more Japanese oriented franchises anyway.  It's not surprising to me that it beat any of those games in the last 10 years.

I literally state "with digital data for the UK" and posted a link which speaks to UK sales and then posted the quote... Yet you're saying I should point out again that's it's about UK sales? How much hand holding is needed now? Lol

The last non remake Kirby platformer game on Switch did great numbers. The crash remakes (1-3) sold blockbusters world wide including the UK. 

Its funny how you're trying to downplay ASTRO bot being the 2nd biggest platformer of the last 10 years in the UK but when you thought it was a flop it was a big deal. 

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I literally state "with digital data for the UK" and posted a link which speaks to UK sales and then posted the quote... Yet you're saying I should point out again that's it's about UK sales? How much hand holding is needed now? Lol

The last non remake Kirby platformer game on Switch did great numbers. The crash remakes (1-3) sold blockbusters world wide. 

Its funny how you're trying to downplay ASTRO bot being the 2nd biggest platformer of the last 10 years in the UK but when you thought it was a flop it was a big deal. 

"with digital data for the UK" can mean world wide............. and your link doesn't state that it speaks to UK sales only... and neither does the quote... which is why yes.. you should clarify that.

GTFO that I'm trying to downplay Astro-bot... I never said it was a flop, I said "unfortunately it seems like Astro ain't selling too well.." I was the one who made the thread because I expected high sales for this game dude.... so why exactly do you think I should be surprised that it beat those games?  I'm glad to see that physical sales are just abysmal for it and not total sales. 

Edited by Remij
48 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It sold 21% better than R&C with 3x the install base meaning it would have to of sold 200% better to reach the same attachment rate.

Lmao, not impressed.

33 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

lol the tears.

bu bu the UK market doesn't matter :(

What tears? I didn't say anything about the UK market.

To counter argument faster sales with a worse attach rate as a metric for commercial success is dumb as hell. Not to mention Ratchet was a 2021 PS5 game, enjoyed less competition and there were far less PS5 units sold at that point in time. Earlier titles by default usually have a better attach ratio but at the end of the day number of units sold is far more important and faster sales usually indicate that it will sell more than the other game it's been compared to.

Did you catch all that, retard? 

Edited by David P
1 hour ago, Remij said:

"with digital data for the UK" can mean world wide............. and your link doesn't state that it speaks to UK sales only... and neither does the quote... which is why yes.. you should clarify that.

GTFO that I'm trying to downplay Astro-bot... I never said it was a flop, I said "unfortunately it seems like Astro ain't selling too well.." I was the one who made the thread because I expected high sales for this game dude.... so why exactly do you think I should be surprised that it beat those games?  I'm glad to see that physical sales are just abysmal for it and not total sales. 

Thread is about uk sales, my caption is about UK sales again how much hand holding man? 

The concern trolling is quite obvious based on your response to lynux3 and Mad... Who both said why not wait for the full picture  with digital for the UK before jumping for conclusions...

But instead of waiting  like a reasonable person...  you double and tripled down on your concern trolling. 

And now that the data is out.. It's "Bbbbbut I expected higher sales that's why I initially made the thread" .... Again if that was the case you would have responded differently when lynux3 said wait for digital :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Donald Duck Lol GIF

TLHBFR!

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Thread is about uk sales, my caption is about UK sales again how much hand holding man? 

The concern trolling is quite obvious based on your response to lynux3 and Mad... Who both said why not wait for the full picture  with digital for the UK before jumping for conclusions...

But instead of waiting  like a reasonable person...  you double and tripled down on your concern trolling. 

And now that the data is out.. It's "Bbbbbut I expected higher sales that's why I initially made the thread" .... Again if that was the case you would have responded differently when lynux3 said wait for digital :umad:

Why doesn't Chris Dring wait until all sales are out, like a reasonable person? :lemming: 

Look,  if you can't take a simple thread saying it seems like Astro isn't selling too well based off Chris Dring's post, then too bad for you.  And where exactly am I "doubling and tripling down"... Firepower came in, showed the full data, and digital picked up a lot of slack and I said I'm glad for the game....?  It's not "concern trolling" to say that it's not THAT impressive that it beat a some old platformers.. Sonic ain't been popular like that for ages... neither has Crash.  I mean those franchises both almost died and went away forever...   I also gave reasons as to why I expected this game to doing better relative to other games like Ratchet.. such as having a far bigger install base... and almost no other big first party releases from Sony in a year.  This game reviewed extremely well and had great hype going into it's release.  Crash and Sonic are typically AA quality games.. Astro has that AAA-tinge of Mario.  

Obviously I expected the game to do well, which is why I made the thread.  Look dude... the fact that physical sales are down compared to Ratchet and Clank is still surprising to me, regardless of whether it's sold more overall.  Like I said, install base is far bigger, among many other things.

It's funny how I can never suck a games dick just right for you fucks to not try to come at me with some bullshit.. but yeah, this is all rich coming from you... where were you in the past when Xbox UK threads were being posted about retail sales and PS accounting for x or y percent of a game's sales...  I don't remember you telling people to wait for digital data to come in to paint an accurate picture... knowing full well Xbox is mostly digital. :roll: 

Anyway, say whatever you want.  I'm glad the game is doing well.  I'll play it on PC for sure :juggle: