Tom Warren: Some PS5 Pro games still locked to 30 FPS (TCHBFR)

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Probably $299-$399.

Yeah, so if someone has a processor from 2019 or later, that's essentially the only upgrade they'd need to make to perform at least as well or better than a PS5 Pro, for the next 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yeah, so if someone has a processor from 2019 or later, that's essentially the only upgrade they'd need to make to perform at least as well or better than a PS5 Pro, for the next 4 years. 

How's my 1080ti holding up these days? :biggrin:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

How's my 1080ti holding up these days? :biggrin:

Not bad to be honest.  VRAM holds it back, and of course the lack or RT acceleration.. but it's still a decent raster GPU.  

It's honestly one of the best GPUs of all time.  Was an incredible value.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Not bad to be honest.  VRAM holds it back, and of course the lack or RT acceleration.. but it's still a decent raster GPU.  

It's honestly one of the best GPUs of all time.  Was an incredible value.

Yeah pretty crazy the longevity this thing has had. Not that I really use it tbh. 

My work laptop has a RTX 4070 but I assume it's shit as being a laptop version? i9 cpu. 

That's what happens when you have a Zen2 mobile CPU in your console that Sony didn't replace from the base system.

$810 for 30 FPS anything is embarrassing, and an insult to consumers.

Edited by DynamiteCop

:hest: This same retarded Tom Warren who still believes the Series S is faster than the PS5. You can get any game to run at 30fps on any machine (including a 4090) if you crank up the resolution and effects high enough. His quote means nothing, it's bullshit like his other statements. The Pro will give more the option of 60fps in console games where the PS5 base and Xbox Series Shit consoles will suffer. He's grasping at straws and coping because MS has told him to do so to downplay the PS5 Pro. Look at him hyping up the Series S back in 2020 LMAO....

spacer.png

spacer.png

^ ^ The man is a shill and total clown. He's not reliable for hardware news on Xbox much less the PS5 Pro :kaz:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:hest: This same retarded Tom Warren who still believes the Series S is faster than the PS5. You can get any game to run at 30fps on any machine (including a 4090) if you crank up the resolution and effects high enough. His quote means nothing, it's bullshit like his other statements. The Pro will give more the option of 60fps in console games where the PS5 base and Xbox Series Shit consoles will suffer. He's grasping at straws and coping because MS has told him to do so to downplay the PS5 Pro. Look at him hyping up the Series S back in 2020 LMAO....

spacer.png

spacer.png

^ ^ The man is a shill and total clown. He's not reliable for hardware news on Xbox much less the PS5 Pro :kaz:

What are you denying? They do have a better CPU than the base PS5. Lol.