"I can build a $700 PC more powerful than a PS5 Pro"....Richard from DF debunks this myth.

As much as I think the PS5 Pro is horrible value, I hate these fucking videos we get every new console cycle about “I built a PS5 Pro equivalent PC for the same amount”. Every time it’s some decent gpu with a jank cpu, no name ass RAM, a motherboard that has less features than a J Cole album and a PSU that’ll probably burn your house down.

PC is 100% the best play and where I spend most of my gaming time but if you build a $700 PC it's gonna be a piece of hot fucking garbage.

I'd say realistically, 1200 minimum for a competent machine. Maybe a bit cheaper, I'm used to CAD so not sure how it is in the states these days.

Edited by Casual
2 hours ago, Casual said:

As much as I think the PS5 Pro is horrible value, I hate these fucking videos we get every new console cycle about “I built a PS5 Pro equivalent PC for the same amount”. Every time it’s some decent gpu with a jank cpu, no name ass RAM, a motherboard that has less features than a J Cole album and a PSU that’ll probably burn your house down.

PC is 100% the best play and where I spend most of my gaming time but if you build a $700 PC it's gonna be a piece of hot fucking garbage.

I'd say realistically, 1200 minimum for a competent machine. Maybe a bit cheaper, I'm used to CAD so not sure how it is in the states these days.

image.png.317c0d451feb0284ed6630bc8b1cc06a.png

:ben: 

57 minutes ago, Remij said:

image.png.317c0d451feb0284ed6630bc8b1cc06a.png

:ben: 

I was talking US when I said 1200. It’s 16-1700 for a PC I’d consider using up here. Taking into account exchange + US prices generally being more favourable I arrived at 12. 

Edited by Casual
  • Like 1