Australia about to BAN children from social media.

should be anyone under 18, but 16 is better than nothing

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/article/2024/sep/10/australia-children-social-media-ban-age-limit-under-16-details

3946.jpg

The prime minister, Anthony Albanese, has said the government will impose an as-yet-undefined ban on younger teenagers and children from accessing social media before the next election.

On Tuesday, Albanese announced the plan to introduce legislation into parliament by the end of 2024 to block children from social media and other digital platforms unless they are over a certain age – likely to be between 14 and 16. It will come after the $6.5m trial of age verification or assurance technology funded in May’s budget.

It followed South Australia’s plan, announced Monday, to restrict access to people aged 14 and over, and the Coalition announcing earlier this year it would ban children under 16 from social media within
100 days if it won the next election.

Questions remain about what methods may be used, and whether a ban will be enforceable, or effective.

Edited by HolyAx

Real talk they should be banned for their own good. Ever go back and read fb memories from 15 years ago? Or ever come across your MySpace? 

total cringe. I can only imagine these kids in their 20s now… their IGs go back to when they were 8. Lol. So many cringy things you do as a kid 

55 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Real talk they should be banned for their own good. Ever go back and read fb memories from 15 years ago? Or ever come across your MySpace? 

total cringe. I can only imagine these kids in their 20s now… their IGs go back to when they were 8. Lol. So many cringy things you do as a kid 

Yea this is true. I deleted all my shit so long ago but i can still remember some shit i posted i can only shake my head at now and todays even shittier cuz you know nothing ever really gets deleted. 

On 2024-09-13 at 4:52 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

its not just cringe, but it literally destroys their undeveloped brains