Moore's Law is Dead: PS5 Pro benchmark leak

6 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

What are you on? I bought a series x for sports games and games with my friends. I don’t give a fuck about MS or Sony IP, they’re all soulless clones of other games. Lol. If I want a good game, I play my switch. 

if I want to have fun online with friends for cheap, I play Xbox. All sports games are on gamepass, most MP games as well. 

“Sports games and games with your friends”….:kaz: The same sports games that run and look better on the PS5. Also, who are you lying to here? You don’t have any friends. The guys that your girl sleeps with in front of you aren't your friends Cuckstz and they probably play on PS5 with their real friends  :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An Extra 200 bucks for such a performance increase is pretty good imo. 

*12 tflops*

Applying this retarded logic Series X is a rip off because Series S exists and no one should buy it. 

1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

The problem is that Sony is  charging $200 on top of the original ps5 price which hasn't changed since launch.

When Sony used to introduce mid gen updates, the original hardware price dropped. So the newer hardware obviously cost more, but adjusted for the life cycle. 

8 minutes ago, Substatic said:

$500(PS5)+$800(PS5:PRO)+$200(PSN) = $1500 for still bad.

Not worth it.

Why would you need to keep a PS5 Pro and PS5 around? They both play the same games. The PS5 is trading in for $410 on GameStop right now. PSN Plus is only $80 a year and isn’t even required lol.

The real price for people upgrading from a PS5 to Pro

$500 + 290+ 80 = $870 with PSN

$500 + 290 = $790 without PSN

Still cheaper than an equivalent PC :hest:

Edited by FIREPOWER
3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The problem is that Sony is  charging $200 on top of the original ps5 price which hasn't changed since launch.

When Sony used to introduce mid gen updates, the original hardware price dropped. So the newer hardware obviously cost more, but adjusted for the life cycle. 

Sony said they want to lower the price of the PS5 recently but manufacturing costs arent going down like previous gens. 

1 minute ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Sony said they want to lower the price of the PS5 recently but manufacturing costs arent going down like previous gens. 

Then they shouldn't be making new hardware. Companies used to update the hardware to take advantage of up-to+date components and most cost effective materials. Not to make games run better. 

Unrelated to price but the PC-fication of the console market has really killed most of gaming. Now consoles suffer from all the of the PC market, and sadly the PC market has reaped the benefits. 

39 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

“Sports games and games with your friends”….:kaz: The same sports games that run and look better on the PS5. Also, who are you lying to here? You don’t have any friends. The guys that your girl sleeps with in front of you aren't your friends Cuckstz and they probably play on PS5 with their real friends  :mj:

No, no they don’t. They also cost $70 a piece on PS5 lmfao. Even MLB. :mj:

Edited by Long Ball Larry
46 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Why would you need to keep a PS5 Pro and PS5 around? They both play the same games. The PS5 is trading in for $410 on GameStop right now. PSN Plus is only $80 a year and isn’t even required lol.

The real price for people upgrading from a PS5 to Pro

$500 + 290+ 80 = $870 with PSN

$500 + 290 = $790 without PSN

Still cheaper than an equivalent PC :hest:

It is not that you keep them around but rather, that you already spent that money. 

2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

An extra $200 for a console that's 4 years old and should already be $350 to $400 maximum. Just because the existing price is only a $200 difference doesn't mean that the original console isn't overpriced.

Also to be accurate it's a $280 difference because to equate to the $500 PlayStation 5 you have to purchase a disc drive.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

An extra $200 for a console that's 4 years old and should already be $350 to $400 maximum. Just because the existing price is only a $200 difference doesn't mean that the original console isn't overpriced.

Also to be accurate it's a $280 difference because to equate to the $500 PlayStation 5 you have to purchase a disc drive.

Applying this retarded logic Series X is a rip off because Series S exists and no one should buy it. 

• Upvote 1

console prices are ridiculous in general. the switch oled is still selling well at $350. so, the ps5 selling at $499 makes sense.  i kind of wish xbox did better this gen. maybe we'd see actually competition and the premium systems would be around $350-$399.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Then they shouldn't be making new hardware. Companies used to update the hardware to take advantage of up-to+date components and most cost effective materials. Not to make games run better. 

Unrelated to price but the PC-fication of the console market has really killed most of gaming. Now consoles suffer from all the of the PC market, and sadly the PC market has reaped the benefits. 

You're not wrong in a sense.. but if consoles wouldn't have adopted PC Architectures..  console gaming would have died after the PS3/360 gen.  There's a reason they both jumped on PC architectures at the same.  They'll never take that risk again.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're not wrong in a sense.. but if consoles wouldn't have adopted PC Architectures..  console gaming would have died after the PS3/360 gen.  There's a reason they both jumped on PC architectures at the same.  They'll never take that risk again.

The PC-fication started in the PS360 era. It's not just architecture but how and what kinds of games are made. It's completely stupid to have consoles games never or rarely living up to their potential. 

I'll give nintendo credit for making games that perform well first then deal with the graphics after that. If your game can't reach a resolution/frame rate milestone, make the adjustments needed. 

It's hard to say gaming would have died in ps360 era when theres more complaining about consoles on here than praising them. The graphic arms race crushed gaming. 

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

No, no they don’t. They also cost $70 a piece on PS5 lmfao. Even MLB. :mj:

:mj: Cuckstz is too poor to buy the $70 sports games he plays but is all in on the latest Apple hardware. Fucking retard. 

I love Apple hardware myself but I don’t waste my money every year buying the latest iPhone for no reason. Maybe if you managed your money better you wouldn’t be stuck with a piece of shit like Xbox renting your games :cruise:

34 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: Cuckstz is too poor to buy the $70 sports games he plays but is all in on the latest Apple hardware. Fucking retard. 

I love Apple hardware myself but I don’t waste my money every year buying the latest iPhone for no reason. Maybe if you managed your money better you wouldn’t be stuck with a piece of shit like Xbox renting your games :cruise:

Why would I waste $70 when the games are free on da pass? 

and I own all consoles, you know this. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The PC-fication started in the PS360 era. It's not just architecture but how and what kinds of games are made. It's completely stupid to have consoles games never or rarely living up to their potential. 

I'll give nintendo credit for making games that perform well first then deal with the graphics after that. If your game can't reach a resolution/frame rate milestone, make the adjustments needed. 

It's hard to say gaming would have died in ps360 era when theres more complaining about consoles on here than praising them. The graphic arms race crushed gaming. 

I think you're mistaken on the "how and what kinds of games are made" thing.  Not sure exactly what types of games you are expecting to be made on consoles specifically... but PC has nothing to do with them not reaching their potential.  They're making the games they were always going to make for consoles.

The issue you have is both on MS and Sony to make their platforms unique...and that their investors always want more.. and thus consoles alone are no longer enough.  Making quirky games is just as risky.  You point out Nintendo... but the WiiU was a disaster.  The market is as mature as it's gonna get and they need to look elsewhere to reduce risk.  

42 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

3070 ti lmao

It will be 3 1/2 years old by the time the Pro releases.. and the 50 series is right around the corner.  

So yea, PS5 Pro is a nice piece of hardware sure.. but the gap is already there, and it's going to widen further within a few months lol