Wall Street Journal-: PS5 shipped 61.7M and Xbox Series 28.3M WW, as of the end of june 2024, PC Sales Falling (TLHBFR, THHBFR)

:kaz: We are finally getting some numbers for ShitBox. A pity about PC sales falling though, I blame Nvidia and their insane GPU prices.

:rawf: What happened to Sony being on the ropes?

Capture-d-e-cran-2024-09-17-a-16-47-16.png

PC Sales Falling
PGrKO14.png

EAC1EB2E-8E13-4A43-8EFD-CB687FA7F315.jpeg.81f0e4fb24b99243d155cd48e7ac35f7.jpeg
spacer.png

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:
:kaz: We are finally getting some numbers for ShitBox. A pity about PC sales falling though, I blame Nvidia and their insane GPU prices.

:rawf: What happened to Sony being on the ropes?

Capture-d-e-cran-2024-09-17-a-16-47-16.png

PC Sales Falling
PGrKO14.png

EAC1EB2E-8E13-4A43-8EFD-CB687FA7F315.jpeg.81f0e4fb24b99243d155cd48e7ac35f7.jpeg
spacer.png

This retard trying to pit all three console platforms against a single platform.

40 billion in revenue lmao, PlayStation absolutely dwarfed.

didn't phil take over with the xbox one? that guy single handedly destroyed them :kaz:   maybe they shouldve kept the other guy, whoever he was, idk

muuh acquisitions, also his japan vacation a few years ago really payed off

• Geese 1

Not to mention people aren't buying GPUs because we're on the cusp of a new generation of GPUs..

And add to that a large amount of the console side is subscriptions... lmao paying for online :rofl:

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not to mention people aren't buying GPUs because we're on the cusp of a new generation of GPUs..

And add to that a large amount of the console side is subscriptions... lmao paying for online :rofl:

Maybe you should read the graph better Remij. PC sales start falling off exactly at 2022 when the 40 series cards launched. It has nothing to do with the new cards launching this year :mj:

i2yI0px.jpg

:drake: Nvidia priced out most people from the PC market and a lot of people said fuck it and are sticking with their 30 series cards or going for consoles. 

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Maybe you should read the graph better Remij. PC sales start falling off exactly at 2022 when the 40 series cards launched. It has nothing to do with the new cards launching this year :mj:

:drake: Nvidia priced out most people from the PC market and a lot of people said fuck it and are sticking with their 30 series cards or going for consoles. 

You're truly stupid sometimes... you think you're contradicting me but you're just proving my point..  Sales were high during the pandemic with the 30 series and everyone was upgrading their machines... then they fell off with the 40 series... and now, because there's a new generation on the horizon, they are going to pick up again.......

It's not that Nvidia priced people out of the market ffs... people were paying $2000-3000 for Nvidia's GPUs during the pandemic..  The problem is they all upgraded during covid, and didn't need to upgrade with the 40 series... those people will start upgrading again soon.

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're truly stupid sometimes... you think you're contradicting me but you're just proving my point..  Sales were high during the pandemic with the 30 series and everyone was upgrading their machines... then they fell off with the 40 series... and now, because there's a new generation on the horizon, they are going to pick up again.......

It's not that Nvidia priced people out of the market ffs... people were paying $2000-3000 for Nvidia's GPUs during the pandemic..  The problem is they all upgraded during covid, and didn't need to upgrade with the 40 series... those people will start upgrading again soon.

Getting mad because I corrected your dumbass Lemij. The trend didn’t start this year. What makes your retarded ass think the trend will change when the new 50 series cards come out? Are you thinking the 50 series cards will be cheaper? 

My goodness, you’re a fucking retard. Just take the L and move on. You didn’t look at the graph properly. If you’re looking for trends in a graph you don’t look at the tail end of the graph you moron. Why would people in 2022 stop buying cards because they are waiting for cards in 2024 you shit for brains retard? Especially when there’s no guarantee of the price being lower of the new cards coming out.

:hest: It’s also telling that when the PC hardware numbers start to drop is exactly when consoles start to take off. Why is that happening? Don’t tell us it’s a coincidence.

:kaz: Jesus Lemij, think you retard, think! 

Edited by FIREPOWER
16 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Getting mad because I corrected your dumbass Lemij. The trend didn’t start this year. What makes your retarded ass think the trend will change when the new 50 series cards come out? Are you thinking the 50 series cards will be cheaper? 

My goodness, you’re a fucking retard. Just take the L and move on. You didn’t look at the graph properly. If you’re looking for trends in a graph you don’t look at the tail end of the graph you moron. Why would people in 2022 stop buying cards because they are waiting for cards in 2024 you shit for brains retard? Especially when there’s no guarantee of the price being lower of the new cards coming out.

:hest: It’s also telling that when the PC hardware numbers start to drop is exactly when consoles start to take off. Why is that happening? Don’t tell us it’s a coincidence.

:kaz: Jesus Lemij, think you retard, think! 

Jesus christ :rofl: :rofls:  Because people typically don't upgrade every fucking GPU generation moron :lemming:  

2020-22 - 30 series launch, everyone upgrades because of covid and chip shortage

2022-24 - 40 series launch, less people upgrade because they already upgraded during covid, improvement doesn't warrant it

2024->   - 50 series launches, people upgrade again because it's a massive boost over what they had bought during covid....

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Jesus christ :rofl: :rofls:  Because people typically don't upgrade every fucking GPU generation moron :lemming:  

2020-22 - 30 series launch, everyone upgrades because of covid and chip shortage

2022-24 - 40 series launch, less people upgrade because they already upgraded during covid, improvement doesn't warrant it

2024->   - 50 series launches, people upgrade again because it's a massive boost over what they had bought during covid....

None of the bullshit you typed here explains why PC gaming crash happened exactly the same time as the console gaming boom. Face it Lemij, you’re an owned retard :drake:

The numbers and data don’t align with your retard logic :kaz:

38 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not a single mention of the crypto mining boom in 2021 in this post which faded when Ethereum 2.0 came out and killed the need for mining. Plus the crypto ban in China. 

Card prices skyrocketed because places in China, Kazakhstan etc were setting up mining factories on literally an industrial scale. It wasn't hermits on lockdown playing CS:Go dude, it was crypto mining, and that has died now. 

8 minutes ago, Cell said:

Not a single mention of the crypto mining boom in 2021 in this post which faded when Ethereum 2.0 came out and killed the need for mining. Plus the crypto ban in China. 

Card prices skyrocketed because places in China, Kazakhstan etc were setting up mining factories on literally an industrial scale. It wasn't hermits on lockdown playing CS:Go dude, it was crypto mining, and that has died now. 

Yep, the crypto mining boom died and Nvidia shot their prices up to maintain their profits. Lack of crypto demand coupled with higher prices that were a deterrent to PC gamers is what led to the decline. Lemij the retard isn’t looking at any of this but instead claiming drop is due to people waiting to buy 50 series cards which are around the corner with nothing to back up his idiotic claims. :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

None of the bullshit you typed here explains why PC gaming crash happened exactly the same time as the console gaming boom. Face it Lemij, you’re an owned retard :drake:

The numbers and data don’t align with your retard logic :kaz:

Jesus christ dude, that's not a GPU sales chart... it's consumer spend... :tom:   There's LOTS of reasons why 2023 was a bad year with PC sales. and it's not all because of "Nvidia's pricing".. lmfao.  Consoles were finally in stock that year and Sony started selling a shit ton of them... while ALSO charging people more money and not dropping prices.  They've RAISED the prices of services and products... that's why they're booming..  They're fleecing you idiots out of more money every year :cruise: 

6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yep, the crypto mining boom died and Nvidia shot their prices up to maintain their profits. Lack of crypto demand coupled with higher prices that were a deterrent to PC gamers is what led to the decline. Lemij the retard isn’t looking at any of this but instead claiming drop is due to people waiting to buy 50 series cards which are around the corner with nothing to back up his idiotic claims. :mj:

I already posted a link dipshit that sales are growing again :drake: 

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS52019024

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It wasn't so much Nvidia putting prices up it was literally the entire first and second hand card market increased by several times, AMD, Nvidia, whatever. People were paying silly money for second hard cards, hell I flipped a pair of 760's for x3 what I paid for them a week previous. It died and the market has stabilised again to broadly where it was before. 

Thinking it's related to gaming trends and people's shopping habits it's ignoring one gigantic sized crypto elephant in the room. 

:mj: