I just don't understand what the hell Sony is doing right now...

Horizon Zero Dawn remaster, and now potentially a Days Gone remaster..

These are both PS4 games which run perfectly on PS5 and already exist on PC, and yet they're being remastered for both PS5 and PC..  I mean, these games will not sell sweet piss all especially on PC.. and I don't think tons of PS fans are going to go crazy for them either.

I just don't understand where Sony's head is at right now... especially when you have other incredible games that could be remastered which aren't on either platform natively.  This development effort and time would be much better spent on other things. :francis: 

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

On going project that doesn’t make sense to cancel. Might as well get it out and move on. Stupid moves. :pavarotti:

Cancelled Naught Dog's The Last of Us game when it was pretty much done but had to finish these bullshits :mindblown:

Days Gone Remaster is just hilarious lol 

But imo it's just their way to get them on to PC and double dip on some extra sales in the  console space too. It's not really taking resources away from their main teams anyway. They had bought studios specifically just to do this.

Boring as fuck for a lot of people but they did also just release a GOTY... so :yeshrug:

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Days Gone Remaster is just hilarious lol 

But imo it's just their way to get them on to PC and double dip on some extra sales in the  console space too. It's not really taking resources away from their main teams anyway. They had bought studios specifically just to do this.

Boring as fuck for a lot of people but they did also just release a GOTY... so :yeshrug:

Both are already on PC though! :D 

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Both are already on PC though! :D 

Yeah but not the 'remaster' lol They're doing this shit with everything getting it up to 'PS5' standard. Seems like a library wide thing nearly. TLOU, TLOU2, HD, Days Gone, Until Dawn, etc. 

Double dipping or they have data there is a lot of new customers in the platform is the only thing that makes sense.

Or simply they bought a studio to do this and they are simply going through one by one. It's a minor cost and is clearly profitable for them. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah but not the 'remaster' lol They're doing this shit with everything getting it up to 'PS5' standard. Seems like a library wide thing nearly. TLOU, TLOU2, HD, Days Gone, Until Dawn, etc. 

Double dipping or they have data there is a lot of new customers in the platform is the only thing that makes sense.

Or simply they bought a studio to do this and they are simply going through one by one. It's a minor cost and is clearly profitable for them. 

I mean, I understand that from the console side.. them wanting to up them to PS5 standard.. but on the PC this stuff simply isn't going to sell at all... Unless these "remasters" are more involved than I'm expecting?  Maybe they really improve some quality of the assets and so on.. but even still on PC these things will not sell.  Best thing they could do is make them a very cheap upgrade for those who already own the originals..   I'll literally laugh my ass off if they try charging full price for these things :D 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I mean, I understand that from the console side.. them wanting to up them to PS5 standard.. but on the PC this stuff simply isn't going to sell at all... Unless these "remasters" are more involved than I'm expecting?  Maybe they really improve some quality of the assets and so on.. but even still on PC these things will not sell.  Best thing they could do is make them a very cheap upgrade for those who already own the originals..   I'll literally laugh my ass off if they try charging full price for these things :D 

I can't even see them selling on the console side tbh lol But it does legit seem like a way to just charge a premium for old games again. HD and Days Gone are hilarious choices though considering their catalogue :biggrin: Let's see how they do. When they start doing poorly they'll stop no doubt. 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

I feel maybe Nixxes might be behind some of this. They don’t disappoint so far, but I don’t play on PosC. Nixxes is literally Sonys best purchase since Insomniac lol

• Upvote 1

They just lost $200 million on a stupid DEI game. 

They want to recover their money ASAP. That's what investors want. Do it in any way whatsoever. 

The old Sony entertainment that we loved back in the ps2 and ps3 days is dead. 

16 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I feel maybe Nixxes might be behind some of this. They don’t disappoint so far, but I don’t play on PosC. Nixxes is literally Sonys best purchase since Insomniac lol

For real.  Nixxes have been a pretty amazing get for them.  I'm not sure.  It's possible, but Nixxes already ported Forbidden West and they fixed the shitty port of Zero Dawn.. so I dunno.  

I guess we'll just have to see what it ends up being.  It could be a far more impressive update than I'm imagining which may make it worth it, but if it isn't, I think it's a waste of their resources.  They have plenty of other stuff people want.

They have hardware teams but not software teams, and then marketing and business people. Covid prolly raped them who knows who cares. They should have announced the Pro console AS the traditional Playstation colors instead of a 30th anniversary addition and priced it as $599. Then people would go blind to their current gen faults and lag.