Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1&2 Remastered leak by PSN confirms it's real

• Remij changed the title to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1&2 Remastered leak by PSN confirms it's real

Nice. It has been ages since I've played these so they're going to feel like brand new experiences. I barely remember anything about them, just little snippets of memories that lack all context.

Edited by Sabo
  • aitch 1

I recently saw an artist portfolio and who worked on an animatic for a soul reaver comic and it didn't make sense to me why they were making one in 2024-2025, but I guess it's going to be some tie in for this. 

Have to say, the ps2 is going to too far back for a remaster of a game. This definitely needs to be rebuilt. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

The upgrade still looks old. I liked these back in the day but have no desire to play them again 

eh dark souls remastered looks worse, and i just beat that again last december. i don't mind as long as the gameplay/level design still hold up.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I recently saw an artist portfolio and who worked on an animatic for a soul reaver comic and it didn't make sense to me why they were making one in 2024-2025, but I guess it's going to be some tie in for this. 

Have to say, the ps2 is going to too far back for a remaster of a game. This definitely needs to be rebuilt. 

To me I think it looks pretty good.. but I don't disagree with you.  For me, a HUGE Legacy of Kain fan.. this easily satisfies me, because quite frankly I will take anything Kain related lol.. but for newer generations of gamers which is who they need to appeal to, you're right, they need to be remade.

I think they can do both.  Hopefully this sells well enough that they greenlight a new Kain game, then if that does well, they could truly remake these games.

Oh, and this new artwork goes hard as fuck :smoke: 

Screenshot-2024-09-24-153948.png

Raziel is such a cool character.  Imagine how sick a brand new modern Legacy of Kain game could look :aitch: 

• aitch 1
4 minutes ago, David P said:

This is very nice. Basically the Tomb Raider Collection treatment. 

That's one series I never got into. I remember having played the original on Dreamcast a bit. 

i beat the original on DC. 60 fps and AA:smoke:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1