Digital Foundry: PS5 Pro hands on with 11 games

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down sampled way cleaner and less jaggies on a 1080p.

Gt7 worse IQ than ps5 when rt is on LOL   Protato is a mistake ROFL F1 they used TAA over PiSSR and it doesn't even have RT shadows LOL

LMFAO not only that but what cow is going back and replaying the game ?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it'll look extra crisp. try taking an 8k image and scaling it down to 4k. it looks way sharper than the 4k one.

It looks slightly sharper at best and 99% of people will notice absolutely zero difference. 

I’ve watched countless 8k footage and compared it to 4k on my oled

Edited by Long Ball Larry
Just now, Long Ball Larry said:

It looks slightly sharper at best and 99% of people will notice absolutely zero difference. 

from a distance, sure. however, as someone who edits 6k and 8k raw clips in 4k timelines, i can definitely notice the difference. would i buy a ps5 pro for it? god no lol. i'm actually fine with 1440p tbh.

Just now, -GD-X said:

from a distance, sure. however, as someone who edits 6k and 8k raw clips in 4k timelines, i can definitely notice the difference. would i buy a ps5 pro for it? god no lol. i'm actually fine with 1440p tbh.

Well, no one sits that close to a 4k tv because they should be over 50” anyway lol. 

it would take a special type of stupid to play a game at 8k 60fps when you can play at a higher frame rate and graphical fidelity in other modes

@FIREPOWER is an idiot as usual 

Just now, sugarhigh said:

So PS5 was just a dogshit console then? Are the likes of Elden Ring and Control PS5-era and Alan Wake 2, Wukong PS5-Pro gen?

elden ring was ps4 era. hell, it runs/looks great on SD (all settings, but one, on high at 40 fps). the pc version of control is how the ps5 version SHOULD have looked. but yeah, alan wake 2 and wukong are too powerful for ps5, which is a shame, since i feel like i've barely seen any real "ps5" games.

24 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Playing GT7 at 8k with a 4k screen…… :lemming:

:mj: This retard hasn't heard of downsampling before.  I actually do that a lot with Cyberpunk on my 4090. I play it at 8K and get even sharper image than 4K Native because you get higher pixel density. Of course an Xbox peasant like you still gaming at 720p/30fps in 2024 doesn't know shit about downsampling, LMFAO.

1896A14F-3B59-4903-9ED6-C5515B641A1D.thumb.jpeg.6c8aedfbf421d124cf096be045164c5a.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER