Yuji Hori and Shonen Jump EIC speak about frustration with America's regulations and how its affecting their games

3 hours ago, Remij said:

https://streamable.com/fn1spb

I've got to admit it's getting pretty sad.  They're just laughing at how pathetic it's becoming lol.

image.png.f6b6147de2b5c2ba39ad8ce0eb70853b.png

I wouldn't say sad more like pathetic and evil how those LBTGQ sick fucks are trying to impose their fucked up views to people that don't even care about that.

First it was tolerance, let them do whatever they want with their bodies AS LONG as they don't bother anyone.

Now they have come full circle and are intruding into other people's lifestyles and condemning for not agreeing with them.

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yes, because all game characters are trans and non-binary people now? 

It's nothing to do with that.  Clearly the industry is feeling pressured into conforming to new standards being imposed by whomever with the purpose of not wanting to offend anyone.  This isn't a case of just letting the games do and be what they want to be anymore for the sake of inclusion.. which is a good thing.. this is clearly pressuring them to change and conform to some new standards and they think it's reaching a point where it's getting ridiculous.  In some ways, I agree with them, in others I'll disagree surely.  I'm not trying to act like it's these groups themselves which are pushing for this terminology... as in the case of Dragon Quest, I don't believe it at all.  This was very likely a company decision in an effort to just sidestep the issue completely while not offending anyone.. but people are allowed to think it's ridiculous regardless.  The fact that this decision has been made, shows how far it's gotten.

And this also goes the other way.. where it's completely ridiculous that there are people out there who take every new game announcement which has a new protagonist of a different gender or race and immediately claim it's "woke" and that there's some sinister plot behind it while trying to destroy it, like pretty much all the recent announcements/releases have been.  Star Wars Outlaws, Assassin's Creed Shadows, and now Ghost of Yotei.  I'm getting quite tired of everything being about race, gender, and so on... it's extremely ridiculous.

Edited by Remij
On 2024-09-29 at 1:23 PM, Remij said:

It's nothing to do with that.  Clearly the industry is feeling pressured into conforming to new standards being imposed by whomever with the purpose of not wanting to offend anyone. 

This has always happened. 

This isn't a case of just letting the games do and be what they want to be anymore for the sake of inclusion.. which is a good thing..

The majority of the clip is them talking about age ratings restrictions regarding how much exposed skin is shown, not inclusion. 

It seems disingenuous to say race or gender doesn't matter while also acting like it's always the problem. 

this is clearly pressuring them to change and conform to some new standards and they think it's reaching a point where it's getting ridiculous.  In some ways, I agree with them, in others I'll disagree surely. 

Money. The are doing it to make the most money possible or at least position themselves that way. No one actually cares about anyone's feelings. 

Investors care more about the IPs than the content being good or not. I assume this is why Sony is working themselves into knots trying to make the next Fortnite. 

I'm not trying to act like it's these groups themselves which are pushing for this terminology... as in the case of Dragon Quest, I don't believe it at all.  This was very likely a company decision in an effort to just sidestep the issue completely while not offending anyone.. but people are allowed to think it's ridiculous regardless.  The fact that this decision has been made, shows how far it's gotten.

The male/female option topic is only mentioned at the end before the clip ends, but from what he said they made a convenient but clever work around. 

And this also goes the other way.. where it's completely ridiculous that there are people out there who take every new game announcement which has a new protagonist of a different gender or race and immediately claim it's "woke" and that there's some sinister plot behind it while trying to destroy it, like pretty much all the recent announcements/releases have been. 

Which is why more people need to call them out, or better yet, ignore them. Woke-watching has become a bigger draw for culture critics than actual critiques. They'll make 59 videos about a bad movie or game, and 1 video about a great one. 

Star Wars Outlaws, Assassin's Creed Shadows, and now Ghost of Yotei.  I'm getting quite tired of everything being about race, gender, and so on... it's extremely ridiculous.

I feel that part of that mindset is also portraying diversity as negative with in itself.

I watched some angry white guy complaining about Ubisoft and he shared some off-the-record conversations he had with Ubisoft employees and most of the complaints mentioned were things like buying out older employees and promoting less experienced, lower paid ones. Or placing devs on projects they weren't experienced in, like FPS games, where their background might be racing. 

Yet the entire video was about woke ideology being the problem. A game like Concord wouldn't be any better with more straight white men in it. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
31 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

A game like Concord wouldn't be any better with more straight white men in it. 

It would have actually sold a few copies if it wasn't obsessed with woke character designs.

It's wokeness killed it, get over yourself. 

58 minutes ago, David P said:

It would have actually sold a few copies if it wasn't obsessed with woke character designs.

It's wokeness killed it, get over yourself. 

Lol How many? 100 more copies? You saying that with a straight face says more about you than anything. 

This is how it's been presented to the mainstream. The TV ads are also cut from this cinematic. What wokeness was in there? 

uI028Ts.jpeg

DtKrwVR.jpeg

And nearly all of comments before release are about how bad the writing is, uninteresting/unoriginal the character and designs are, or lack of interest in the genre itself. 

Like what even is your point now? That white men are too unreasonable, yet should be still be exclusively catered to? Funny how convenient the presence of bigotry "in others" :eyeroll: in this regard is for you. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This has always happened. 

Not to this degree of lunacy.  Obviously parents have always been concerned about their children seeing violence or sex... but this isn't that.

The majority of the clip is them talking about age ratings restrictions regarding how much exposed skin is shown, not inclusion. 

It seems disingenuous to say race or gender doesn't matter while also acting like it's always the problem. 

I'm referring to the corporate "rational" for pushing and pressuring these studios to conform to changing standards.. which is on the basis of inclusion.  There's always been age ratings... and I never said anything about race.

Money. The are doing it to make the most money possible or at least position themselves that way. No one actually cares about anyone's feelings. 

Investors care more about the IPs than the content being good or not. I assume this is why Sony is working themselves into knots trying to make the next Fortnite. 

Of course.. but they're not doing it to reach a more diverse group of people... Like he said, you can't make everyone happy.  They're forced to do it to ensure that they follow standards and remain eligible for funding... on top of being able to do business in other countries in the first place...

The male/female option topic is only mentioned at the end before the clip ends, but from what he said they made a convenient but clever work around. 

It's simply a way to sidestep the issue.  It's obvious why the change was made.. and now we know they think the fact that they had to do it is ridiculous.  Don't you agree?  I mean does changing the names to Type A and Type B really solve a problem?  Everyone knows Type A is male and Type B is female..  So yes, it's completely ridiculous that some group of people think that change had to be made at the risk of not offending someone.

Which is why more people need to call them out, or better yet, ignore them. Woke-watching has become a bigger draw for culture critics than actual critiques. They'll make 59 videos about a bad movie or game, and 1 video about a great one. 

Yeah, it's so fucking stupid.  I cringe every time I see that shit on my twitter timeline, and it happens without fail at any new thing.  This Ghost of Yotei shit was just the latest.  Now they've dug up everything on the person playing the lead character, and it's all about her and her politics...  So lame.

I feel that part of that mindset is also portraying diversity as negative with in itself.

I watched some angry white guy complaining about Ubisoft and he shared some off-the-record conversations he had with Ubisoft employees and most of the complaints mentioned were things like buying out older employees and promoting less experienced, lower paid ones. Or placing devs on projects they weren't experienced in, like FPS games, where their background might be racing. 

Yet the entire video was about woke ideology being the problem. A game like Concord wouldn't be any better with more straight white men in it. 

I think it's nuanced, because people can hate "forced" diversity for legitimate reasons, but yet also support true diversity in games and game development.  One of the recent things that disappointed me and really proved that a lot of these people were full of shit was the release of Tales of Kenzera: Zau.  A game that was created entirely by a studio of black creators, created by a black person, and that they worked with Sweet Baby Inc... causing a big controversy about the game, taking all the discussion away from the game itself and turning it into bullshit about race and DEI with people boycotting it.  That was a new game, with a new protagonist, created by a new studio, specifically created to tell stories about African culture...  It was exactly the type of game that they claimed they would support... but it turns out that for that group of people it's not about actual diversity in gaming and creation, they just want controversy.  Those people can go to hell. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol How many? 100 more copies? You saying that with a straight face says more about you than anything. 

This is how it's been presented to the mainstream. The TV ads are also cut from this cinematic. What wokeness was in there? 

And nearly all of comments before release are about how bad the writing is, uninteresting/unoriginal the character and designs are, or lack of interest in the genre itself. 

Like what even is your point now? That white men are too unreasonable, yet should be still be exclusively catered to? Funny how convenient the presence of bigotry "in others" :eyeroll: in this regard is for you. 

No race swapping would have ever made this character design appealing. (timestamped)

This has nothing to do with races. People didn't care for Concord not because it lacked white characters but because it lacked interesting looking characters entirely. This is why no one played the open beta or bought the final game. You can smell the pandering from miles away. No sex appeal and not cool.

And the reason why those design are so fucking lame are really simple. It's because the dev behind it are a bunch of woke snowflakes who thought making non offending characters for the modern woke sensibilities would be a hit.

Only woke tards living in a delusional echo chamber could have ever thought this would be the next Star Wars generating wealth for decades to come for Sony.

I'm glad this completely bombed because it proves one thing: the so called modern audience does not exist. The people complaining about games content being offensive on the internet are just a very minor but also very vocal community that managed to weasel their way into the industry and everything they touch turn to shit. This shit appeals to NO ONE and is completely tone deaf, just like you.

2 hours ago, David P said:

No race swapping would have ever made this character design appealing. (timestamped)

This has nothing to do with races. People didn't care for Concord not because it lacked white characters but because it lacked interesting looking characters entirely.

So your saying exactly what I said back to me. 

This is why no one played the open beta or bought the final game. You can smell the pandering from miles away. No sex appeal and not cool.

Lol it's wild how some of you act like cartoon villains when you express yourselves. "smell the pandering"? 

"this looks woke, pass" 

Meanwhile I posted people's actual reactions, but I'll take your words over theirs. 

And the reason why those design are so fucking lame are really simple. It's because the dev behind it are a bunch of woke snowflakes who thought making non offending characters for the modern woke sensibilities would be a hit.

No, they are lame because they are poorly developed character designs from the fundamental stage. From clashing or mismatched color palettes, impractical silhouettes, guady clothing, and only the consistent design elements are tubes that look like intestines. 

Like when does not being sexist or racist officially become woke? Like you can have an Indian guy, but he has to have a stereotypical accent otherwise he's woke? Like a game/movie has to appeal to suburban white kids who calls everyone "jew" in COD lobbies to not be woke? 

Everything is woke. 

Only woke tards living in a delusional echo chamber could have ever thought this would be the next Star Wars generating wealth for decades to come for Sony.

Keep saying WOKE. 

I'm glad this completely bombed because it proves one thing: the so called modern audience does not exist. The people complaining about games content being offensive on the internet are just a very minor but also very vocal community that managed to weasel their way into the industry and everything they touch turn to shit. This shit appeals to NO ONE and is completely tone deaf, just like you.

I'm glad it bombed too. For different reasons obviously. I don't like when companies just think they can copy another firm's success by (lazily) emulating market trends in an already oversaturated genre. You can't chase a game series and take 8 years to drop your product. That's a technological lifetime. I'm always fine with bad products failing, that's how it should be. 

Your mask keeps slipping. Looks like they at least seemed to offend you lol. I also don't believe you're talking for most gamers. I think when most people offend, they don't mean to. It's a special kind of asshole that finds offending people vital or virtuous. 

This is why you guys say "woke" so much. So you don't have to call out the people you really want to call out. So you don't have to say "why are there so many black people in this movie?" or "why is the main character a woman?". 

You're a fucking bot who is incapable of an original thought. You're right, not a single woke movie game or show has ever been good. It's impossible to make good content without racism, sexism, or exploitation, and the only people with the right to be legitimately offended are straight white men. 

When any other group is offended, that's their problem. 

Lol it's wild how some of you act like cartoon villains when you express yourselves. "smell the pandering"? 

"this looks woke, pass" 

Meanwhile I posted people's actual reactions, but I'll take your words over theirs. 

Your anecdotal evidence of a few youtube post is worthless when put against the complete distain towards Concord and how bad it flopped. 

No, they are lame because they are poorly developed character designs from the fundamental stage. From clashing or mismatched color palettes, impractical silhouettes, guady clothing, and only the consistent design elements are tubes that look like intestines. 

Like when does not being sexist or racist officially become woke? Like you can have an Indian guy, but he has to have a stereotypical accent otherwise he's woke? Like a game/movie has to appeal to suburban white kids who calls everyone "jew" in COD lobbies to not be woke? 

Everything is woke. 

Wrong.

There isn't any woman with any sort of sex appeal or showing skin because Concord was designed by woke tards. There isn't any macho looking muscle bound dude for the same reason, it's the typical modern feminist sensibilities for the 'modern audience' (a fanbase that does not actually exist).

If this shit isn't woke when they were proudly advertising a having pansexual black female, a robot with pronouns and a trans inspired character then I don't know what woke is.

You can keep pretending they just happened to butcher their designs and shat out this turd because they were incompetent or something. It's clear as day this is just pandering to the woke people who are always complaining that everything is sexist, racist and problematic. It's the safest snowflakes design in history.

Sony invests heavily into DEI hires and shit. This isn't even surprising or controversial. 

I said my piece, you're either a complete idiot or completely dishonest. 

Your anecdotal evidence of a few youtube post is worthless when put against the complete distain towards Concord and how bad it flopped. 

You always do this. Court rulings don't matter, statistics don't matter, recorded history doesn't matter. Only what you personally believe, with whatever little information you actually know, matters. All you have is anecdotal information too, idiot. Your little right winger soc-med feed isn't facts, get over yourself. 

Wrong.

There isn't any woman with any sort of sex appeal or showing skin because Concord was designed by woke tards. There isn't any macho looking muscle bound dude for the same reason, it's the typical modern feminist sensibilities for the 'modern audience' (a fanbase that does not actually exist).

Lol @ sex appeal. 

If this shit isn't woke when they were proudly advertising a having pansexual black female, a robot with pronouns and a trans inspired character then I don't know what woke is.

So you're doing that thing where you explicitly associate woke as queer/poc. This is what I mean, you say woke has nothing to do with gender or race, but only ever bring up gender and race when describing something woke. 

Again, for 138th time... define woke. 

And no one bats an eye when a robot is a boy or girl, and people assign genders to inanimate objects all of the time. So is a sentient non-biological being choosing to identify as either or neither that crazy? Like you're a gender is biological guy right? Be consistent. Lol sike right? 

You can keep pretending they just happened to butcher their designs and shat out this turd because they were incompetent or something.

I've named a dozen problems with this game already. The only one I can touch on with any competency is the aesthetics and roll out. 

I also don't believe the failure is on the shoulders of the designers in this situation. This is a game that didn't need to exist, wasn't the product of actual creative intent, and isn't filling a hole in the market. This is mostly Sony's fault. 

It's clear as day this is just pandering to the woke people who are always complaining that everything is sexist, racist and problematic. It's the safest snowflakes design in history.

I don't think they were looking for the woke market as much as thinking this had broad appeal without understanding what actually attracts that type of gamer. Foamstars was awful and also a rip off but it still had some competency in what it's supposed to be and I'm willing to bet Concord probably plays better than it does. 

Sony invests heavily into DEI hires and shit. This isn't even surprising or controversial. 

So the problem isn't the black and queer characters in this game, it's the black and queer people Sony hired? Like, Sony hired too many non-white guys, who then made a game with too many non-white guys or hot girls for white guys to stare at?

I said my piece, you're either a complete idiot or completely dishonest. 

Dishonest about what? I asked you to explain yourself without using woke and you still had to use woke. 

Lol 😂 

18 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You always do this. Court rulings don't matter, statistics don't matter, recorded history doesn't matter. Only what you personally believe, with whatever little information you actually know, matters. All you have is anecdotal information too, idiot. Your little right winger soc-med feed isn't facts, get over yourself. 

How is 4 youtube comments relevant VS a game that was bought by absolutely no one. This isn't anecdotal, it's a satistic.

Also we have insiders info on the team and their thoughts proccess. Might be anecdotal but far more relevant still than 4 youtube comments. :D

Get over yourself, yourself.

I didn't read the rest of your post. You always live in denial of reality and I have better things to do than arguing with people selling narratives that try to convince you that what can be easily observed by your own eyes is not true.

Concord isn't woke. Jan 6 was a real inssurection attempt and trans women are real women.

Lmao.

1 hour ago, David P said:

How is 4 youtube comments relevant VS a game that was bought by absolutely no one. This isn't anecdotal, it's a satistic.

Meanwhile you posted nothing but your opinion and what am I  supposed to post every single fucking reaction to a video that I also posted in the same post? 

Also we have insiders info on the team and their thoughts proccess. Might be anecdotal but far more relevant still than 4 youtube comments. :D

Again, you posted nothing. You never do. 

Get over yourself, yourself.

Now I know why your wife left you. 

I didn't read the rest of your post.

Lmfao you always say that when you can't counter what I said. It's weird how you fully read and respond 99.5 times out of 100 then suddenly decide "you're not going to read or respond" to half a post lol. Go fuck yourself. 

You always live in denial of reality and I have better things to do than arguing with people selling narratives that try to convince you that what can be easily observed by your own eyes is not true.

Well I see you complaining about a game not having enough white men in it, and you keep saying that it's not about that while also exclusively complaining about how many of the characters are not white men or straight robots too I guess? Oh and women you want to fuck. 

Concord isn't woke. Jan 6 was a real inssurection attempt and trans women are real women.

Lmao.

From Concord to Jan 6th... You right wingers can't help yourselves lol. 

I never said it was woke or not as you won't actually explain what woke is. Like if you had a gun to your head and had to actually describe what your talking about without a vague, catch-all buzzword, what would you say? I know, that would require actual critical thinking skills. 

Meanwhile you posted nothing but your opinion and what am I  supposed to post every single fucking reaction to a video that I also posted in the same post? 

Concord selling poorly and insider information is not my opinion.

Well I see you complaining about a game not having enough white men in it

Where? You're the only one bringing up caucasian representation in Concord every time. I said specifically no amount of race swap could ever make this game look cool to anyone. 

I never said it was woke or not as you won't actually explain what woke is. Like if you had a gun to your head and had to actually describe what your talking about without a vague, catch-all buzzword, what would you say? I know, that would require actual critical thinking skills. 

Catch all modern progressive leftist retardation buzzword. 

Lol keep feigning ignorance. How is Concord woke? What is even woke? Robot with pronouns is nothing new. 

Shut up you fucking faggy bitch. :D 

Now I know why your wife left you.

Still at it, again. Lmao, this vegan fgt.

You do realize that was years ago at this point? I'm over it but I guess you are not. 

On 2024-09-29 at 8:37 AM, Remij said:

https://streamable.com/fn1spb

I've got to admit it's getting pretty sad.  They're just laughing at how pathetic it's becoming lol.

image.png.f6b6147de2b5c2ba39ad8ce0eb70853b.png

Turns out it was a purposely mistranslated and maliciously taken out of context as parts of the vid were deliberately cut out.   

Yuji and his team has said stop trying to "arbitrarily extracting parts of comments and quoting them as comments that are in line with your own opinion for the purpose of reinforcing the legitimacy of your own opinion" 

He even calls out Musk for doing this purposely and maliciously. 

https://x.com/KosoKoso_hoso/status/1841681747786006615?s=19

"Yuji Horii’s comments on Dragon Quest 3’s censorship were mistranslated and maliciously taken out of context, according to statement by his group" 

The attached statement gives specific examples of mistranslations, such as “puritan” being translated as “sex education” and alleges that “parts of the comments made by the speakers have been deliberately cut out of context and quoted as if the speaker was expressing a negative opinion against a certain ideology or belief, and have been spread in a way that is far removed from the true meaning of the comments and the original content and message of the video in question.” 

In the statement, KosoKoso Hōsō Kyoku asks social media users and media to refrain from “arbitrarily extracting parts of comments and quoting them as comments that are in line with your own opinion for the purpose of reinforcing the legitimacy of your own opinion.” 

https://automaton-media.com/en/news/yuji-horiis-comments-on-dragon-quest-3s-censorship-were-mistranslated-and-maliciously-taken-out-of-context-according-to-statement-by-his-group/

And @David P  was getting all riled up too... Poor guy 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, David P said:

I didn't even talk about Dragon Quest itt. I spoke exclusively about Concord.

You were eager to defend your gay buddy Remy but you should learn to read first.

Idiot. Lmao. 

I posted the update with FACTS of the situation and quoted the OP.  Sorry if FACTS hurt your feelings kid. 

Doesn't matter if you specifically didn't mention DQ.. but you were using the thread to get rilled up and back up your opinion in regards to the underlying subject and and tried tie it to another game.

Which is the same thing Yuji said for you clowns to stop doing dipshit. :umad:

Your dumbass always gets riled up over fake shit you easily duped simpleton and you fall for it everytime without fail:kaz:

Edited by Goukosan