Nintendo has officially won against emulation/emulators

Ryujinx, the last Switch emulator standing, has now shut down.  Nintendo contacted the people running it and I'm guessing they came to some agreement and they decided to cease development and shut down the discord.

It was only a matter of time after Yuzu folded. RIP. :salute:

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I usually root against corporations but the Emulator community needed humbling. 

I agree with this, but so does Nintendo.  Nintendo are ruthless though.. and their lawsuit record is flawless.. so I'm worried about what's going to happen with the Palworld fiasco and the fact that they are suing over patents and not copyright means that it could have very large repercussions to the gaming industry if they are able to bully other developers and stifle innovation over patents which are quite frankly ridiculous.

Yuzu and ryujinx still work just fine. I am a life long nintendo fan who got a switch console that couldn't play games. I love Nintendo games and consoles. 

Emulate switch games. 

Shittiest quality Nintendo hardware by far. 

On 2024-10-02 at 3:11 AM, Hot Sauce said:

They're also copyright striking people who use emulators in their Youtube videos. Garbage company.

lol ninty will always be the nazis of the gaming world, sueing everyone, never lower the prices of their garbo games only soccer moms and grown up babies like ghostz and faghand like that shit

good thing is they leave the emu of the snes alone, best console ever made... who needs shit from ninty anymore :mario1:

• Thanks 1
On 2024-10-01 at 9:55 PM, Remij said:

I agree with this, but so does Nintendo.  Nintendo are ruthless though.. and their lawsuit record is flawless.. so I'm worried about what's going to happen with the Palworld fiasco and the fact that they are suing over patents and not copyright means that it could have very large repercussions to the gaming industry if they are able to bully other developers and stifle innovation over patents which are quite frankly ridiculous.

Nah, the emulator community did start wilding out. Pushing out emulated versions of the games before the legit copy hits the street is overdoing it and then monetizing it too? 

Nintendo wasn't really going after emulation community like that... Example... The Wii was hacked to hell and back, and so was the DS, the 3Ds etc but back then you weren't getting fully patched emulated versions BEFORE the legit copy hit retail. So they kinda let it rock because legally you are allowed to play a backed up copy of a game you own legitimately. 

I like most gamers I have no issue with emulation, but when emulation community basically started operating like a black market retail store for hacked games and competing against retail versions DAY AND DATE and sometimes before the retail version is even out? They flew too close to the sun and got burned and now everyone pays the price for their stupidity. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nah, the emulator community did start wilding out. Pushing out emulated versions of the games before the legit copy hits the street is overdoing it and then monetizing it too? 

Nintendo wasn't really going after emulation community like that... Example... The Wii was hacked to hell and back, and so was the DS, the 3Ds etc but back then you weren't getting fully patched emulated versions BEFORE the legit copy hit retail. So they kinda let it rock because legally you are allowed to play a backed up copy of a game you own legitimately. 

I like most gamers I have no issue with emulation, but when emulation community basically started operating like a black market retail store for hacked games and competing against retail versions DAY AND DATE and sometimes before the retail version is even out? They flew too close to the sun and got burned and now everyone pays the price for their stupidity. 

This is true, I can't deny it.

• NPC 1
42 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

100%

• NPC 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

Stop being a cheap bastard and buy your games.

1. fuck off

2. i don't waste time with nintendo games anyway

3. if the US courts say that it's legal and you still side with the corporate publisher, you are a fucking bootlicker