Nintendo has officially won against emulation/emulators

Just now, sugarhigh said:

1. fuck off

2. i don't waste time with nintendo games anyway

3. if the US courts say that it's legal and you still side with the corporate publisher, you are a fucking bootlicker

Cheap cheap cheap 

GayDork isn't only a booty licker he likes to lick other stuff as well

• dead 1
47 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

1. fuck off

2. i don't waste time with nintendo games anyway

3. if the US courts say that it's legal and you still side with the corporate publisher, you are a fucking bootlicker

Are you dense? The US courts said it's legal to play BACKUPS of games you purchased. The emulation community for decades operated under that up until maybe 6 years ago. 

These emulators are getting shut down because the emulation community started releasing emulated copies of games BEFORE the legit copy hit retail. 

So that whole legality of playing an emulated version of a game you own went out the window because the emulated versions were being released before the legal copy was even out and on top that started monetizing the emulation. 

Blame the emulation community for being stupid. 

48 minutes ago, kaz said:

GayDork isn't only a booty licker he likes to lick other stuff as well

I've been emulation games since Zsnes first launched in the 90s, my Wii and DS were also fully hacked. My entire PC library was also copied games back in the day before DRM became a big deal.  I also have an insane arcade collection on my old windows 7 PC.    Im all for emulation. 

But that doesn't mean I can't call out the stupidity that the modern day emulation crowd was pushing that lead to this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

fucking bootlickers man, sad

I'm not a fucking bootlicker dude... he's right that the emulation community started pushing too far.  Having leaked builds of games and supporting them before they even officially launched while already being emulated and running better than the actual console does legitimate damage to Nintendo.  It's a step too far.

I think emulation is an amazing thing, but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, regardless of how successful the companies that it affects are.

43 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Are you dense? The US courts said it's legal to play BACKUPS of games you purchased. The emulation community for decades operated under that up until maybe 6 years ago. 

These emulators are getting shut down because the emulation community started releasing emulated copies of games BEFORE the legit copy hit retail. 

So that whole legality of playing an emulated version of a game you own went out the window because the emulated versions were being released before the legal copy was even out and on top that started monetizing the emulation. 

Blame the emulation community for being stupid. 

what you're saying is totally confused and wrong.

The Emulation Community doesn't "release emulated copies of games". Emulators don't release games, and don't distribute copyrighted material. The only thing they do is develop software that simulates the environment that games run on. The mistake you're making is akin to saying Valve is "releasing" copies of Elden Ring and GTA for the Steam Deck.  It's a compatibility layer. This is 100% legal, as upheld by the courts.

YUZU could've been sold at Best Buy for a profit and they would not be doing anything illegal.

If an emulator is so good that they can play games that are leaked before the release date, that just means they make great software.  They are in no way responsible for the warez scene getting early access to games.  That's on Nintendo to protect their supply chain. Emulation developers have nothing to do with it.

10 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

what you're saying is totally confused and wrong.

The Emulation Community doesn't "release emulated copies of games". Emulators don't release games, and don't distribute copyrighted material. The only thing they do is develop software that simulates the environment that games run on. The mistake you're making is akin to saying Valve is "releasing" copies of Elden Ring and GTA for the Steam Deck.  It's a compatibility layer. This is 100% legal, as upheld by the courts.

YUZU could've been sold at Best Buy for a profit and they would not be doing anything illegal.

If an emulator is so good that they can play games that are leaked before the release date, that just means they make great software.  They are in no way responsible for the warez scene getting early access to games.  That's on Nintendo to protect their supply chain. Emulation developers have nothing to do with it.

The developers of the emulator of yuzu were implementing patches to their emulator specifically for games that have not hit retail as yet and not only that they started monetizing access to these patches.    They were also implementing patches to the emulated game and releasing these patches BEFORE legit copies hit retail. 

and the emulation community was pushing for this and earlier releases of said patches and emulated games. 

That was incredibly stupid of them. 

Fucked it up for everyone including me. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The developers of the emulator of yuzu were implementing patches to their emulator specifically for games that have not hit retail as yet and not only that they started monetizing access to these patches.    They were also implementing patches to the emulated game and releasing these patches BEFORE legit copies hit retail. 

and the emulation community was pushing for this and earlier releases of said patches and emulated games. 

That was incredibly stupid of them. 

totally irrelevant. it's legal to "monetize" software development. again, it's legal to sell game emulators for up-to-date game systems for profit in stores.

bleem sold a version of their software that allowed you to play current PS1 games on Dreamcast. that was found by the US courts to be lawful. there's no version of this where YUZU emulation is in the wrong. Nintendo is just a fucking dogshit mafia using any tactics they can to harm their enemies. it's pathetic for regular gamers to take their side in this.

Edited by sugarhigh
42 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

totally irrelevant. it's legal to "monetize" software development. again, it's legal to sell game emulators for up-to-date game systems for profit in stores.

bleem sold a version of their software that allowed you to play current PS1 games on Dreamcast. that was found by the US courts to be lawful. there's no version of this where YUZU emulation is in the wrong. Nintendo is just a fucking dogshit mafia using any tactics they can to harm their enemies. it's pathetic for regular gamers to take their side in this.

No it's relevant that's why yuzu is shutdown. 

The point that you're purposely glazing over is that yuzu was doing this with games that were not released to retail as yet.  That's illegal dipshit. 

And to rip it off yuzu were monetizing the games PRIOR to the official version of the game hitting retail. That also is illegal. 

Once the game is available at retail you can emulate it to your hearts content. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The point that you're purposely glazing over is that yuzu was doing this with games that were not released to retail as yet.  That's illegal dipshit. 

And to rip it off yuzu were monetizing the games PRIOR to the official version of the game hitting retail. That also is illegal. 

buh buh teh boot licker :cry:

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo said that YUZU violated the DMCA by linking to sites serving keys.prod. It's dubious that key.prod constitutes decryption under the DMCA, and it's dubious that linking to them makes YUZU developers culpable for their distribution.  But this wasn't decided because YUZU WAS FORCED TO SETTLE OUT OF COURT

https://www.romanolaw.com/ninten-dont-breaking-down-the-yuzu-emulator-lawsuit/

There is no reason to believe that it is illegal to write compatibility software for games that have been obtained through illegal means. There is no copyright violation on the part of the YUZU developers as they weren't distributing the game content. The warez scenesters who distributed ROMs before their release date are very likely committing a crime, but YUZU has nothing to do with that.  Also we don't know how the YUZU developers obtained ROMs early.

There is no legal problem with monetizing the development of an emulator. I've already pointed to the Bleem emulator multiple times, and you just ignore it because you don't know what you're talking about. Your claim that it's illegal to have a patreon for early updates is completely made up.

Emulating games only after their release date is not a legal standard anywhere. And it won't stop Nintendo from coming after you.  They oppose emulation. They will go after any emulator they find inconvenient to their business.

8 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

There is no reason to believe that it is illegal to write compatibility software for games that have been obtained through illegal means.

Lmfao do you hear yourself? It's not illegal for yuzu to get the game through illegal means and then sell it illegally? :lemming:

What you also have to remember is that once Nintendo showed yuzu what evidence they had against them including the discord chats of the yuzu developers discussing the illegal means by which they obtained the software etc... Including Nintendo having a tally of how many copies of TOTK yuzu devs sold illegally (it was over a million copies) prior to TOTK hitting retail.....

Yuzu who initially stated they were going to fight this... immediately caved because they got caught red handed and came to an agreement to avoid litigation. 

As I stated above in my previous post once the game hits retail you can create backups and emulate to your hearts content as we have been doing for decades. 

Yuzu developers got greedy and fucked as all in the process. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • NPC 1
19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao do you hear yourself? It's not illegal for yuzu to get the game through illegal means and then sell it illegally? :lemming:

What you also have to remember is that once Nintendo showed yuzu what evidence they had against them including the discord chats of the yuzu developers discussing the illegal means by which they obtained the software etc... Including Nintendo having a tally of how many copies of TOTK yuzu devs sold illegally (it was over a million copies) prior to TOTK hitting retail.....

Yuzu who initially stated they were going to fight this... immediately caved because they got caught red handed and came to an agreement to avoid litigation. 

As I stated above in my previous post once the game hits retail you can create backups and emulate to your hearts content as we have been doing for decades. 

Yuzu developers got greedy and fucked as all in the process. 

you're just very confused.

• Haha 1