[Digital Foundry] F1 24 adds RTAO, RT Transparency and RT opaque reflections at 4K 60 on PS5 Pro

15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Is this a big upgrade? I thought this was the one game that actually looked impressive for the pro. 

yep, this is the big showcase game. A 7/10 game no one cares about 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

yep, this is the big showcase game. A 7/10 game no one cares about 

Ha, true, but it is purty.  

13 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Are you gonna buy this on PS5 Pro just so you can’t play it worse settings than your PC? :banderoos:

Gonna buy the PS5 Pro so that I can play Sony’s games and games like GTA6 and FF7R at their best settings when they launch because I don’t wait for ports like a peasant. You wouldn’t know about that since you are used to sloppy seconds as a certified Cuck :hest:

Edited by FIREPOWER
36 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Gonna buy the PS5 Pro so that I can play Sony’s games and games like GTA6 and FF7R at their best settings when they launch because I don’t wait for ports like a peasant. You wouldn’t know about that since you are used to sloppy seconds as a certified Cuck :hest:

Sounds like you just waited for a FF7R port. :cruise:

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

what gpu would you need to achieve identical results? i think that could be an interesting comparison.

It's a lot more complicated than that. The reality is in terms of raster performance the GPU itself would fall in line with an RTX 3070.

RT performance isn't greatly known yet but I would likely guess with the improvements made it's probably near the capability of a 3080.

The other issue is CPU performance, are you actually driving the frame time down necessary to make proper use of the GPU?

With PSSR this console is going to be operating at lower to middle of the road native resolutions and then applying upscaling which is more dependent on CPU performance.

After looking at a 3070 Ti pushing F1 2024 at the highest settings possible which eclipse what the Pro is operating at with full RT enabled that console appears to fall within the performance parameters of that GPU as a final result.

Anyone saying it's at the level of a 4070 is on some bullshit.

Edited by DynamiteCop
2 hours ago, Remij said:

I'm hearing that RDNA4 is a huge letdown.  It supposedly has a new RT architecture, but it's leaving a lot to be desired.

And that's likely all that's in this system. It's a 3070 level RDNA 3 GPU with RDNA 4 RT cores.

pointless trash, the og ps5 is enough for the few exclusives it has left (don't even know which ones)

ray tracing maxed out isn't even that impressive, the only thing that had a huge impact is pathtracing in cyberpunk to me. that shit is night and day difference

wonder if the smart heads working on next gen consoles will even think of adding that, probably just all the rays in gpu to do raytracing 

So, my prediction for the next gens: PS6 will have raytracing, PS7 will have path tracing, ninty will just sue everyone and dish out a million kirbies and  fisher price games and maybe make like one or two good games and lemshites will cry in their basement and stare at the wall :kaz: 

but what do I know, it's just my stupid opinion, 30 FPS and stupid pixel counting lmfao who gives a shit :jordan3:

• 2 weeks later...