Halo is moving over to Unreal Engine 5, 343i being rebranded as Halo Studios

1 minute ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Not sure how they plan to hit a stable 60fps on UE5.

These games wont be out until the next console releases.  2026 or 2027 probably at the earliest.

32 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Nice, Halo with stutter. Unreal Engine is a MISTAKE

I think that the version of the engine that these games will ship on, probably 5.6 or 5.7 at least, might actually help.  CDProjectRED is also working with Epic to make improvements to the engine to handle large open worlds.. so hopefully that fixes some of the bullshit in the future.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I think that the version of the engine that these games will ship on, probably 5.6 or 5.7 at least, might actually help.  CDProjectRED is also working with Epic to make improvements to the engine to handle large open worlds.. so hopefully that fixes some of the bullshit in the future.

Halo was always a sandbox not an open world. So it might have sprawling environments and not be a true open world.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Halo was always a sandbox not an open world. So it might have sprawling environments and not be a true open world.

That's irrelevant.. they're both large open areas that require better asset streaming.

Also, since they're moving to Unreal Engine, it's likely that The Coalition will be helping them out on the technical side of things.  That's a plus at least.

Edited by Remij
8 minutes ago, lostfool said:

343 Halo games are the best.  

No, 2&3 were peak Halo. They’ve made trash and are a trash developer.