Stellar Blade "expect better results on PC than on consoles" TCHBO

Not brand new, but I'm not seeing much discussion of this full frontal assault on Cowdom:
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/stellar-blade-studio-says-a-pc-version-is-coming-in-the-near-future/

In may, Shift Up said they were "considering" a PC port, a few weeks ago it was confirmed:

To continue the excitement of the ‘Stellar Blade’ IP, we are preparing for its release on PC in the near future, and we expect better results on PC than on consoles

They go on to say that due to success of the PC+mobile games vs console sales, their next game will be multiplatform at launch.

Consoles are irrelevant. TCHBO! :tom:

Edited by sugarhigh

The best hardware available for 2-3 times the cost is better than consoles?

Stop it. I don't believe you. :ben:

• Haha 1
  • NPC 1

They were primarily a mobile and PC developer.. so it makes SOME sense that they'd believe that they'll have more success on PC.. but I'm not so sure about it.  The game did really well on PS5, and I'm sure it will do good on PC, but it really depends when it releases.  Hopefully there's no other big games releasing around the time they want to launch.  The fact that it's more of a character action game than a Souls-like might mean it appeals less to the PC audience than a Souls-like would.. but the fact that it's easily moddable and uses Unreal Engine means that perverts everywhere will be able to play with Eve's titties, make her nude, and look at her in VR.. So that will undoubtedly attract some sales.

I hope I'm wrong and the game does gangbusters on PC.. but I'm not quite expecting it to reach the PS5 sales.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Remij said:

They were primarily a mobile and PC developer.. so it makes SOME sense that they'd believe that they'll have more success on PC.. but I'm not so sure about it.  The game did really well on PS5, and I'm sure it will do good on PC, but it really depends when it releases.  Hopefully there's no other big games releasing around the time they want to launch.  The fact that it's more of a character action game than a Souls-like might mean it appeals less to the PC audience than a Souls-like would.. but the fact that it's easily moddable and uses Unreal Engine means that perverts everywhere will be able to play with Eve's titties, make her nude, and look at her in VR.. So that will undoubtedly attract some sales.

I hope I'm wrong and the game does gangbusters on PC.. but I'm not quite expecting it to reach the PS5 sales.

this is why day and date pc has to happen. steam is a huge global audience, but Sony's charging full price for 2+ year old games, which is a disadvantage against anything new. the entire development budget is spent again on marketing for the day-1 release. it makes no sense not to have the game available to the widest audience when these dollars are being spent. successful games normally pop for a period where everybody's talking about it, and then there's a decline. maximizing the pop is worth a lot more than catching the tail end of player's interest.

Edited by sugarhigh
1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

this is why day and date pc has to happen. steam is a huge global audience, but Sony's charging full price for 2+ year old games, which is a disadvantage against anything new. the entire development budget is spent again on marketing for the day-1 release. it makes no sense not to have the game available to the widest audience when these dollars are being spent. successful games normally pop for a period where everybody's talking about it, and then there's a decline. maximizing the pop is worth a lot more than catching the tail end of player's interest.

I don't have a problem with small studios getting funding from Sony to make their games a reality going to PS console first and then PC some time later.. I support the Sony Hero Projects too, because all of these games wouldn't be as good as they are if they didn't get some backing from a platform.  I just think the expectations have to be realistic if you're going to release 1-2 years later.  

For studios that are already established and are trying to grow their brands... yes, definitely.. they need to be day and date on all the biggest platforms to cultivate audiences everywhere.

50 minutes ago, Cell said:

The best hardware available for 2-3 times the cost is better than consoles?

Stop it. I don't believe you. :ben:

Better sales, not performance. Sony can't compete with titty mods.