Unicorn Overlord is too automated and boring

On 2024-10-08 at 6:19 PM, Playstation Tablet said:

Zero control over combat outside of gambits. This is one of the most dull SRPGs I have ever played.

You give commands to move then put the controller down for a series of auto battles. 

I haven't played it yet but it's basically like Ogre Battle. Love it or hate it, the depth comes from the party composition and real time strategy elements. That's the game.

On 2024-10-08 at 6:19 PM, Playstation Tablet said:

Zero control over combat outside of gambits. This is one of the most dull SRPGs I have ever played.

You give commands to move then put the controller down for a series of auto battles. 

I'm really enjoying it and the music owns.

6 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

It put me to tears of boredom I decided to dedicate my time to Phantom Brave. Enjoying it much more as a SRPG.

fgt NIS trash. 

But then again I shouldn't be surprised since you like Disgaya, the worst SRPG franchise ever made.

19 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Much deeper SRPG than this auto attack trash.

There's nothing deep about Disgaea with it's unbalanced gameplay and infinite grind. All the deeper mechanics are just gimmicks like throwing people and colored floors are literally just that: gimmicks. You basically just put characters next to one another before an attack, with almost infinite movement possibilities at no penalties. 

Disgaea 6 and 7 literally has auto battle functionality to alleviate the grind. Stfu :D 

Disgaea is the bottom of the barrel for SRPGs. 

That sounds like a Mobile game. A lot of Mobile RPGs "play" exactly how you described- setup your team and then watch the game play itself. I guess the difference here is there is no gacha bullshit to deal with.

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

That sounds like a Mobile game. A lot of Mobile RPGs "play" exactly how you described- setup your team and then watch the game play itself. I guess the difference here is there is no gacha bullshit to deal with.

Not quite. Think Fire Emblem/Ogre Battle. 

reminds me of the last remnant. I couldn't stand the automated combat after you made a decision. 

I remember that Ramza and I agreed on the ost being cool (aza likes this one too im sure)

one of the best boss battle themes :blessed: 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1