Silent Hill 2 Remake's sound design is absolutely fucking impeccable

God damn..  This game is completely unreal with a good headset.  The fucking ambient noise and sounds and the directionality of everything is insanely atmospheric.  If this doesn't win all the best sound design awards it's fucking rigged.

Playing through the hospital section and you can hear rumbling of thunder outside when close to the outer walls and then further in you can still faintly hear it... all the while buzzing from lights and drips and creaking sounds swirl around you as you progress through the area... only able to faintly see with your flash light.  It's amazing.  The game actually got me pretty good completely unintentionally too lol.  I left the NPC that I was with to crawl through an open space on the floor so I could get inside of a large room, and they said they'd wait for me.. so I go in and start making my way around the room, I then entered another room connected to it and unlocked some door but stayed inside that same area to finish looking for ammo or health.  The room is very dark and can barely see anything.. then suddenly I hear the creaking of the door opening so I spin around and it's the fucking NPC I was with, right in my face. LOL.  You probably had to be there but it made me jump.  The sound design just incredibly enhances things like that.

I'm telling you.. this shit is phenomenal! :whew: