Silent Hill 2 Remake's sound design is absolutely fucking impeccable

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:| 

The game gives you more than enough ammo to take out all of the enemies you come across. Many of them are placed in rooms with puzzles, key items, and notes that you have to stop and engage with. Going out of your way to avoid combat would actually make the game harder. This isn't a game you just run past enemies and speedrun on the first playthrough unless you're already familiar with it.

Im clearly playing it the way the devs intended it to be played.

They take literal seconds to kill bro.  SECONDS.

But I suppose I should get further in the game before I judge you too hard.  Maybe it gets worse.  But I don't see any issue with how it is so far as up to what I've played.

Edited by Remij
Just now, Twinblade said:

Not when you use melee. And you'll want to save ammo whenever possible because it helps a lot for the boss fights.

You just said the game gives you more than enough ammo to kill all the enemies.  I always mix a couple well placed shots then melee to finish them off.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

You just said the game gives you more than enough ammo to kill all the enemies.  I always mix a couple well placed shots then melee to finish them off.

Keep playing. The combat started running out of steam for me in the labyrinth, which I think is the worst area in the game.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

If only there was a setting that made the enemies die easier!

I don't think enemies dying in 1 fewer hit while subsequently having more resources and taking less damage would make the game more enjoyable.

I think having as many enemies as the game does have hurts it more than just being repetitive, too. I'm never wondering when the next enemy is going to appear because I know it certainly won't be very long between encounters. I treat every room as a potential ambush, I never get complacent or overconfident that I've gone awhile without seeing an enemy and take a hit to my resources as a result. The mannequin in this game is fucking awesome, but it would just be so much more effective if they weren't everywhere. Give me some stretches where I don't see any for awhile to let my guard down or build a cadence of 1 every 10 minutes or so so I think "Okay I killed that one, I'm good for awhile" and then have one in the next room.

I'm just glad I bought it on PC for the inevitable mod that removes a bunch of enemies for a second playthrough. :juggle:

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Remij said:

@JonDnD They're apparently working on fixing the stuttering, so hopefully by the time you get it things will be better.

RDT_20241020_1415217203658878180790417.j

Good to hear . Hopefully it's done by the time I finish Metaphor