Sign in to follow this  
Cubeaholic

The SECOND Official WoW (Waiting on Warhammer) Thread.

This will be a thread dedicated to Warhammer Online. A game that I have high expectations for. Warhammer Online is being developed by Mythic and funded/publised by EA. Mythic is a very capable dev that created the well known and innovative MMO, Dark Age of Camelot. Dark Age of Camelot has a score of 87.2% at GR. That is an excellent score for an MMO. GS gave Dark Age of Camelot a score of 91%. Additional DAOC reviews can be found at my favorite gaming site:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/437033.asp?q=dark%20age%20of%20camelot

Now that you see why I am excited about Warhammer Online, lets talk about Warhammer.

I will start with some Youtube godliness:

Now, I don't hype many games but I am hyping this. I am looking forward to this game more than anything that will be availible for wii, ever.

More info coming later!

After that RvR video i'm alot more hyped about this game.

They really have followed the WoW mold with the UI and graphics though.

The UI is ripped straight from wow which is good because the wow ui is absolutely great.

The graphics are similar but dont have as much of a cartoonish look though.

Anyhow, wow took a lot of ideas from other games so it is no shock that these games are taking ideas from wow.

Compare to the pictures that were coming from the first devlopment of Warhammer Online the new graphics are very cartoony.

But yeah, WoW is hardly original, but it's something that alot of people might either find off putting (if you played WoW and didn't like it) or over familiar if you played WoW alot.

Compare to the pictures that were coming from the first devlopment of Warhammer Online the new graphics are very cartoony.

But yeah, WoW is hardly original, but it's something that alot of people might either find off putting (if you played WoW and didn't like it) or over familiar if you played WoW alot.

This may be the case. I believe, although am not 100% sure, that prior to Mythic another dev was working on this game. When Mythic took over they took warhammer online in a new direction.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I can't recall why the original dev stopped production, i think it might of been money problems. But the original screenshots looks very different, alot more like Oblivion infact.

I was at first disappointed about the graphical change, but it's understandble, the scale needed to make their RvR plans work really wouldn't of worked on such a realistic looking engine, they had to go for a more stylised look.

my only question is, are you stuck DwarfVSOrc/ Chaos VS human/ ??? Can you ever team up with humans/highelves as a dwarf? Or are the RVR zones stuck for certain races.

my only question is, are you stuck DwarfVSOrc/ Chaos VS human/ ??? Can you ever team up with humans/highelves as a dwarf? Or are the RVR zones stuck for certain races.

In DAOC opposing Realms could not really team up with each other.

This and Conan are looking pretty good, in my opinion. I'm LoTR online right now, and it's pretty admirable too. It feels a lot like WoW, with a slightly worse interface and different classes. lol

I can't believe I haven't been to this thread, or in fact, the Hermit habitat yet. I've been stuck in the main forum for so long and haven't really been to the sub forums :D

I've recently (2 months ago) gotten extremely into Warhammer 40k. I started playing the first game and immediately bought the expansions. I love the games and the stories. I have to admit though, my exposure has been limited to reading everything Wikipedia has to offer and now checking out the main website on this.

Suffice to say, I'll be playing Chaos. This game looks absolutely fucking amazing. This is now my number 1 awaited game. Can't wait to see all of you on the battlefield, especially you pussy space marines :D

Secondly, would any of you recommend the Warhammer 40k books? And if not, any reading material at all? Or any websites? I want to know more :D

'tis true?

Each race will have zones devoted to their conflict IE zones dedicated toward Dwarf VS Orc, however, all races on the Order side (Dwarves, High Elfs, Empire) will be able to fight with each other in each different conflict. Likewise Destruction races (Greenskin, Dark Elf, Chaos) can do the same.

So basically your initial race choice will only decide in which conflict you start.