The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

So got the gear I was looking for but then found out that when Warlords of New York releases there is going to be a huge update to the gear system with it. Everything I got is basically useless so what a giant waste of my fuckin' time.

This seems to be the way with all GaaS-type titles. They just want to get you stuck in the gameplay loop and spend more money on their upgrades and bullshit. I hate that type of shit.

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

This seems to be the way with all GaaS-type titles. They just want to get you stuck in the gameplay loop and spend more money on their upgrades and bullshit. I hate that type of shit.

This isn't a GaaS game. Loot boxes are literally cosmetic only. No gameplay purposes and you can even earn loot boxes through in game means. I've gotten like 50 of the things by just playing the game normally.

Edited by Sabo
2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

This isn't a GaaS game. Loot boxes are literally cosmetic only. No gameplay purposes and you can even earn loot boxes through in game means. I've gotten like 50 of the things by just playing the game normally.

My mistake then. :happysad:

I got a hold of my friends PS3, he basically gave it to me, and its able to be hacked and have custom firmware on it while still be able to sign-in and run the Playstation Store and download my digital games on there. So I could theoretically have it play hacked games, but it won't lock me out from the online functions or connecting to anything.

I'm trying to catch up on a backlog of last-gen (so to be last-last-gen) games that I might've missed or were unique enough for me to play them.

I had forgotten that Ubisoft had released a Prince of Persia game to coincide with the movie back in 2011/2012.  The game is called PoP The Forgotten Sands, and it pretty much takes the gameplay back to the 2003 PoP reboot.

I never played Warrior Within or the Two Princes because they got derided as rehashes.  I played the 2008 one, and it was enjoyable for what it was. This one started out, and I was thinking they were making a huge mistake and trying to implement God of War type of atmosphere and level design.  They even had you breaking vases and having red life orbs fly out of them.

Also doesn't look very good for a PS3 game.

But eventually, it had some vintage 2003-PoP type of level platforming design that was quite satisfying to play. They added some new mechanics, the combat was fairly decent.

Near the end, it got a little bullshitty with some of the last puzzle rooms. They basically make you do something very hard and annoying near the very end of the game that started to become a pain. But once that was over, the final boss was like a lame attempt at a God of War type of boss. The ending was generally lame.

Probably took me like 10-11 hours, so it didn't overstay its welcome by that much. I will try and find other unique PS3 games and try and knock them out in quick succession. I think I still have a save file of Remember Me that puts me like 2 hours into the game. The game is supposed to be 10 hours long, so I might try and knock that one out quickly.

Got a hold of a Stadia Pro trial, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The only game that really jumped out was Gylt, as its one of the few exclusives not on other platforms. I started it up and the game is literally just a kid friendly version of Silent Hill with stealth mechanics. Its actually pretty neat, and still manages to evoke similar atmosphere even if its nowhere near as dark or oppressive.

Tech wise I have to Im impressed by how seamless and quick the process for launching games is. You load up the stadia site, and it just displays a play button for the latest game you played. You just click that button and boom you're in. Competitors like GeForce Now really can't compare to that. Its a shame their business model is going to kill the platform.

Edited by Twinblade
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Got a hold of a Stadia Pro trial, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The only game that really jumped out was Gylt, as its one of the few exclusives not on other platforms. I started it up and the game is literally just a kid friendly version of Silent Hill with stealth mechanics. Its actually pretty neat, and still manages to evoke similar atmosphere even if its nowhere near as dark or oppressive.

Tech wise I have to Im impressed by how seamless and quick the process for launching games is. You load up the stadia site, and it just displays a play button for the latest game you played. You just click that button and boom you're in. Competitors like GeForce Now really can't compare to that. Its a shame their business model is going to kill the platform.

What do you mean competitors can't compare to that?  They can literally let you play the games you already own... which is the entire reason for "the extra steps"...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

What do you mean competitors can't compare to that?  They can literally let you play the games you already own... which is the entire reason for "the extra steps"...

Im referring to actually getting into games. Even on my first attempt stadia took mere seconds, on the other hand I fumbled around with GeForce Now for at least 20 minutes before I could launch MK11.

Edited by Twinblade
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im referring to actually getting into games. Even on my first attempt stadia took mere seconds, on the other hand I fumbled around with GeForce Now for at least 20 minutes before I could launch MK11.

There's a very good reason for that.

#1 - You were an idiot

#2 - You have to actually log into Steam

Those were the two hurdles you had to overcome.. :shrug: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

There's a very good reason for that.

#1 - You were an idiot

#2 - You have to actually log into Steam

Those were the two hurdles you had to overcome.. :shrug: 

umm no, i had already logged into steam through geforce now. The main issue was the anti cheat error that I had to google to fix.

GeForce Now is a good deal but its still janky as hell.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

umm no, i had already logged into steam through geforce now. The main issue was the anti cheat error that I had to google to fix.

GeForce Now is a good deal but its still janky as hell.

The error was that you had the game installed locally, logged into your account through Geforce Now, and tried running your local version through Geforce Now instead of Nvidia's servers.

You didn't understand that you had to actually "install" the game on the Geforce Now server.

I'm not arguing that Stadia isn't more instant... You log in, click the game and go... but talking down about Geforce Now because it's not that.. doesn't fly with me... because OBVIOUSLY you need to log into your account to play your games.  That's the only added step... and you fucked it up somehow. :[ 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The error was that you had the game installed locally, logged into your account through Geforce Now, and tried running your local version through Geforce Now instead of Nvidia's servers.

You didn't understand that you had to actually "install" the game on the Geforce Now server.

I'm not arguing that Stadia isn't more instant... You log in, click the game and go... but talking down about Geforce Now because it's not that.. doesn't fly with me... because OBVIOUSLY you need to log into your account to play your games.  That's the only added step... and you fucked it up somehow. :[ 

Your memory that bad? I described the error on this forum, it wouldn't even give me the option to install until i had fixed the anti cheat shit.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Your memory that bad? I described the error on this forum, it wouldn't even give me the option to install until i had fixed the anti cheat shit.

That's bullshit.  You said some shit starting about Big Picture mode then launching from Geforce Now and I just laughed to myself...

It had nothing to do with any Anti cheat.  You started Geforce now... couldn't undestand why when you logged into your steam account it said that you had to install the game... you already had the game installed on your local PC, so you thought to change it to stream from your local PC and it wouldn't work.

Once you realized that it had to be installed on Geforce Now separate from your local installation, it worked no problem... just like it did for me the first time. :shrug: