The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I have died from the game not executing the gourd input properly. There’s also some latency issues (both issues exclusive to ps5). I had some issues with the earlier bosses because of it (especially when I switched from quality to performance mode). I really wish I could have played this on PC. Oh well. I’ll eventually double dip when I get a good system. 

Sucks if it's a latency issue but hopefully means it might get fixed. I thought it was more an animation having to end before certain actions are allowed but it feels so inconsistent. Specifically I find rolling out of a hit and getting up then healing is completely hit or miss on when it will work or not. Had the timing better before my gap in play lol 

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sucks if it's a latency issue but hopefully means it might get fixed. I thought it was more an animation having to end before certain actions are allowed but it feels so inconsistent. Specifically I find rolling out of a hit and getting up then healing is completely hit or miss on when it will work or not. Had the timing better before my gap in play lol 

Yeah, I have experienced these certain issues. I have still greatly enjoyed the game, though. 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Haven't really gotten around to starting it yet.  When I noticed that it had Ultrawide support coming in an update, I decided to put it on the back burner till it did and I sort of moved on to FF16 and Plucky in the meantime.  But even those games I haven't put much time into yet since work has been crazy for me this past month or so since we got a new $14M project happening, I've basically been working most weekends.

From everything I hear, it's awesome.  If you like Gears, you'll like it.

I'll prob pick it up sometime this week

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

If you try to use the gourd while in an animation it doesn't work . 

I also had issues with the spirt moves from time to time too . Might be the timing with pressing L and R at the same time idk. Wasn't a big issue but it did happen. 

I don't think that was related to latency as I was playing at much higher framerates than ps5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

If you try to use the gourd while in an animation it doesn't work . 

I also had issues with the spirt moves from time to time too . Might be the timing with pressing L and R at the same time idk. Wasn't a big issue but it did happen. 

I don't think that was related to latency as I was playing at much higher framerates than ps5.

Oh, ok. Then I guess the game just has its quirks. 

It's probably exaggerated at lower framerates but the sprit move issue was annoying when it happened . It would sometimes just do that spin move and I'm not sure if it was just because I wasn't pressing the triggers at the same time or what.

18 hours ago, JonDnD said:

It's probably exaggerated at lower framerates but the sprit move issue was annoying when it happened . It would sometimes just do that spin move and I'm not sure if it was just because I wasn't pressing the triggers at the same time or what.

Yeah this is exactly what happens to me. Can be very frustrating if it's in the middle of a boss fight and you try use a small window to use the spirit move and instead you do the spin move and get fd up lol

• Haha 1

Got to play a decent sesh of Black Myth last night. Finished Chapter 3 (ended up beating Kan Jin Star first go now lol funny how that works. Chapter 3 was long af though however the level design did get better later on. Beat 22 of the 23 bosses the Chapter has. Just haven't done the Yin Tiger yet.

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Got to play a decent sesh of Black Myth last night. Finished Chapter 3 (ended up beating Kan Jin Star first go now lol funny how that works. Chapter 3 was long af though however the level design did get better later on. Beat 22 of the 23 bosses the Chapter has. Just haven't done the Yin Tiger yet.

i looked back and there are quite a few bosses (and important items) i have missed. eventually, i'll finish them off and go back to the final boss (the real one).

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i looked back and there are quite a few bosses (and important items) i have missed. eventually, i'll finish them off and go back to the final boss (the real one).

Yeah some of the secret and optional bosses are some of the best the game has had so far tbh so worth going back. I've been using a boss location guide once I finish a Chapter to clean up what I missed and I'm really enjoying playing it like that since the game does seem like somewhat of a Boss Rush game. So far have only not beat 1 boss from Chapter 1-3.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah some of the secret and optional bosses are some of the best the game has had so far tbh so worth going back. I've been using a boss location guide once I finish a Chapter to clean up what I missed and I'm really enjoying playing it like that since the game does seem like somewhat of a Boss Rush game. So far have only not beat 1 boss from Chapter 1-3.

yeah, don't do what i did in chapters 3,4,5 and 6 - race to the finish line. a lot of the main bosses were easy, so i figured i could close the game out with my cloudstep/pillar stance combo. nope. i need a better mana-generating build. also, i need more fine gold thread and ribbons for an armor set that better suits my play style. the problem, though? i don't have time. in retrospect, i wish i had just been patient and did everything in order. that way, i could chip at it here and there. now, it all feels overwhelming. i almost want to start a new game lol and just play it in small bursts for several months.

• Upvote 1
Just now, JonDnD said:

I used a boss guide starting in chapter 3 I think . I assumed I'd be under leveled going into later levels if I skipped to many 

I should have done that. I was afraid I’d spoil the game, but fuck it. When I get a few free days, I’m going to go through a guide and clear up what I missed. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I should have done that. I was afraid I’d spoil the game, but fuck it. When I get a few free days, I’m going to go through a guide and clear up what I missed. 

Yeah I was hesitant at first for fear I'd ruin the game but it's made the game so much better imo cause it's not like a Walkthrough, it's simply a boss location/access guide. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

what genre?

Doesn't really have a single genre.

It's a compilation of 50 games for a fictional system (the "UFO"). So the devs basically made up a console that would have come out in the 80's and created 50 games within the parameters/limitations of that console. It's super cool because the games are presented in chronological order and you see how the concepts and execution progressed over time, some of them even have sequels. Everything from platformers to puzzlers to schmups to metroidvanias. There's also a lot of meta stuff and secrets that happen over multiple different games. They effectively play like NES era games. Many of them are basically full length (for that era) too.

• aitch 1