The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Guest Golem

I think that's like... Chapter 10. You've got a little while, you've yet to meet Pigsy I'm guessing. Some real nice areas in the next few chapters but you're in the third act so not long. +nah, barely touched it, or any games really, this week. But I'm feeling like some. I've been feeling the need to play some Blur too.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Man, I haven't been into any racing games since....last fucking gen. goddamn. Last racing sort of game I actually really enjoyed playing was probably Midtown Madness 3. I'd kill for another MM game. The last one was so goddamn unbelievably fun. It came out in the early days of XBL, too, so I played with the same guys on that shit like every day. Goin in free run looking for all the cool glitches to go and check out, and sweet shit to jump off of. God, I miss that game

MM3 was an awesome game. I loved that shit. I bought Trials yesteray and getting Rayman whenever it comes. Trials is fun

Is trials better than the other version? I got bored of trials hd kind of fast.

You played Motorstorm, Split Second or Blur?

Because if you're looking for arcade style racing, they're among the best for craziness.

They don't live like any sort of open world/explore type shit, do they? I'm not a big fan of straight up racing. Cars, in general, bore the fuck out of me.

MM3 was an awesome game. I loved that shit. I bought Trials yesteray and getting Rayman whenever it comes. Trials is fun

Is trials better than the other version? I got bored of trials hd kind of fast.

Same concept just very much expanded.

Finished Radiant Historia. The story was good, I'm usually not one to care for the whole 'raging war' like stories because they tend to get a little too political for my tastes but this game does it well. I especially liked how it constantly let you see all sides of the story from each sides perspective, it kept me interested because you were seeing everyone's motives and plans in this war. The characters were solid and they each played their part well. I liked how they all remained focused on the task at hand, they are after all in the middle of a war but character development does suffer a bit because of this but they had a job to do and they stayed focused on it. Combat system is great. It can be as simple or as deep as you want it to be and it'll still stay fun no matter which way I wanted to play. This game proves there's still plenty of life left for a turn based combat system if you're willing to experiment with new ideas and such. My only problem with the system is you can easily start exploiting it once you get all party members but this tends to happen with JRPGs in general so it's not that big of a deal. Still though, I would've liked the game to be a bit more challenging but oh well, still had fun playing regardless. The real draw of the game though is the alternate time lines dynamic. Dare I say it pulls it off just as well as Chrono Trigger, in some instances even better. Sure the game could've done more with this but what is here is still really good and encouraged me to go out and hunt for side quests. I found myself looking forward to doing the side quests more than proceeding with the main quest most of the time. Unlike most games the rewards you get from completing side quests are usually worth it so you have that added incentive to complete them. Not to mention some of the side quests will lead to new revelations that change the ending. With all that being said I'd have to honestly say that Radiant Historia is easily the best JRPG I've played in years. I actually feel bad for not playing it sooner.

Amazing game, glad some people here are actually playing it unlike some people who ignored it when it first came out. You should The World Ends With You and Devil Survivor next :face:

Amazing game, glad some people here are actually playing it unlike some people who ignored it when it first came out. You should The World Ends With You and Devil Survivor next :face:

+ Riviera and Knights in the Nightmare.

Edited by Twinblade
Guest Golem

You played Motorstorm, Split Second or Blur?

Because if you're looking for arcade style racing, they're among the best for craziness.

They don't live like any sort of open world/explore type shit, do they? I'm not a big fan of straight up racing. Cars, in general, bore the fuck out of me.

They're all straight up events.

Motorstorm plays like an off-road Burnout.

Blur features power ups and weapons similar to Mario Kart

Split Second is about staying on top while shit is going to hell around you, you can also get perks where you choose when a road collapses, halting other racers.

Worth playing, all of them. They offer that bit extra.

I played through Infamous 2. I like sandbox games--I'm into "make your own fun"--but this one was pretty so-so. - Graphics are great. It's the best looking sandbox game I've played by a fair distance. Some of the music was good too. - You're massively overpowered, which wrecks the game's carrots. There's little incentive to go after blast shards because energy's so abundant. There's little incentive to do side missions in order to unlock new powers because the ones you have are already very effective, and it wouldn't matter much anyway because most of the powers are similar to one another. And all that turning up the difficulty does is turn enemies into even bigger damage sponges than they already, which just drags out the monotony of most of the missions. Which dovetails in with this point: - The side missions are really monotonous. So are a lot of the main missions for that matter. There's rarely much difference between them except you'll get a story blurb with the main missions. And it's not a sandbox game like the Saboteur that uses unique one-time-use environments that are scripted like an action game to punch up its main mission, so there's little reprieve from the sameness of it all. - Boring story that's poorly written. A fire giant destroys NYC and its leaving a trail of carnage along the Eastern seaboard as it makes its way down to New Orleans, yet the US government and press are so lackadaisical about it that they haven't even bothered to identify what's causing the carnage. A storm? Aliens? The wrath of God? Eh, we'll look into it at some point. And it's not like the fire giant's appearance is obscured or anything either. It's literally a giant naked guy made of lava walking around smashing shit up. That's just the start of how moronic the story is. I did like the very end though when the writers finally decided the story needed some meaningful consequences and reveals. - You never get to the point where you can smoothly traverse the city. It's always very stop and start. Towards the end, traversing the city should've been zen-like.

Edited by Saucer

Pretty solid doesn't sound like "worth 60 bucks" :reg:

i'm too early in to determine if it's great or amazing. i like what i've played. my only gripe is that you are forced to take cover quite a bit. the game is more challenging than the older titles. the production values, so far, are quite stellar.

Playing through Max Payne 3 and I love the new way it tells its story. The comic book style has come and gone and MP3's execution of telling the story works well. Also, the shooting could be a little more tight but it works well. So far the pacing is great and I'm enjoying it.

Guest Golem

Playing Max Payne 1. Forgot how badass this game makes you feel B) Still holds up well in some of the shooting. Only that annoys me is that Max's inner monologue during gameplay is quiet as hell.