The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Playing System Shock 2 for the first time

replaying this bitch :smoke:

did u install the mods? rebirth and system shock 2.4?

Showdown Effect beta, got a few keys. Game is alright, the controls are a bit much but I'm sure in time that it'll be nothing.

fun little game

the arnold character is funny :ben:

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

finished the testament of sherlock holmes. really surprised by its quality. The graphics at times are those of a high budget AAA blockbuster, and they really add to the atmosphere. some of the puzzles were annoyingly cryptic but they're for the most part solid.

voice acting/writing are both good but the stiff animations(especially facial) are enough to remind you of the fact that you're playing something made in eastern europe :happysad:

definitely gonna check out other games in this series.

Edited by Twinblade

Starting up Kingdom Hearts. It's fun, though the platforming is a little annoying.

OG ps2 version, or 3ds?

Ps2

KH2 is the better game, god damn KH was awful.

Nigga why u gotta break this to me so early when I know I'm going to finish this to get to KH2. Buzzkill. 

Seems alright so far though. 

Finally finished Dead Space 2. Started playing Dead Space 3. I like it. Like it a lot. The space sections were awesome. It's bizzare, because I've had almost exact same idea for System Shock 3 few years back (ice planet below, ship wrecks above, trying to fix shuttle by traveling from one derelict ship to the next one).

Don't mind lack of horror, because the series stopped being scary 2 hours into Dead Space 1's campaign. I love how much DS3 is expanding the universe, but I want more. I think they should go for Mass Effect-like openess for DS4

Just finished MGR. Some quick thoughts, don't really have the time to go into detail ATM.

-The game is really short, only 7 levels and the last couple levels are a lot shorter than the first couple. Level 5 is only like 10 minutes long (and that's taking your time to get through it), Level 6 is just a boss fight and Level 7 is a small section followed by the last boss. There is a lot of VR missions though so I suppose this is where the bulk of the play time is meant to be. 

- Combat never really changes. What you experienced in the demo is very much what you can expect from the full game. There are some different enemy types but they're not so different from each other that it'll vary the gameplay. Boss fights is where the interesting stuff happens on the combat side of things but there's only a hand full of them to begin with.

-People weren't kidding about the camera, it can get really bad in tight spaces and during certain boss fights. The camera will flip out really bad if you're near a wall as well, that's not a good thing to have happen in the middle of a fight and it happens often. I don't see how this got past play testing, considering camera orientation is pretty integral to your main defensive option (parry) having the camera spaz out will cause you to get hit when you really wouldn't of gotten hit if the camera would just behave. The whole situation doesn't even come off as cheap, it comes across as being flat out broken and made me really think less of the game. 

-The story was alright, definitely a Metal Gear game by that standard. However, some of the cutscene shenanigans make the craziest moments in the DMC franchise look plain in comparison. There's a whole lot of silliness going on. Raiden's voice actor can get really jarring, he can sound straight up awful at times. 

Edited by Sabotage

Well I just bought MGR lol.  Hopefully I'll get to play it on the weekend if I finish Ni No Kuni.  Not expecting too much though.  Did you like it overall Sab?  It's hard to tell :ben:

Well I just bought MGR lol.  Hopefully I'll get to play it on the weekend if I finish Ni No Kuni.  Not expecting too much though.  Did you like it overall Sab?  It's hard to tell :ben:

That's just it, even I don't if I like it or not. I need to spend some more time with it, I get the feeling that I'm missing something. The kind of feeling that there's more to the gameplay than what I'm seeing.

Just bought Alpha Protocol for 5 bucks and a bottle of Jameson. I hope this game is entertaining.

i highly recommend going the stealth route and using pistols as your primary weapon type. Will take into consideration. Thanks man. I usually always go stealth in games anyways

yo mike, was it you who said there was a bit in Ni No Kuni where the difficutly ramps up and you're sort of forced to grind for a bit?  when is that exactly?  is it

after your fight shadar in his lair of doom, right after "learning the truth" from that soul orb thing?

just wanna know what i'm in for :ben: