-GD-

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

9 hours ago, -GD- said:

I completed AI Somnium files. What a long, but awesome, ending. I loved the payoff! 

Ending was a sprint wasn't it? :love:

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Ending was a sprint wasn't it? :love:

oh yeah. i was so tired too, but i had to see it through. i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Spoiler

the musical act in the end was perfect, especially since i got so attached to all of the characters. you and @Twinblade were spot on with how great this game is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh yeah. i was so tired too, but i had to see it through. i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

the musical act in the end was perfect, especially since i got so attached to all of the characters. you and @Twinblade were spot on with how great this game is.

The game rivals Phoenix Wright for me in terms of writing and character development.

Spoiler

I honestly got a little choked up when he said the lie that he doesn't want to see her again. :(

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah i was surprised by how charming and uplifting the ending was, spike chunsoft's games are not known for having happy endings :ben:

• Haha 1

Just now, Ike said:

The game rivals Phoenix Wright for me in terms of writing and character development.

Hide contents

I honestly got a little choked up when he said the lie that he doesn't want to see her again. :(

true true....the OG pw trilogy was pretty amazing (especially 1 and 3). but yeah

Spoiler

i got feels when Mizuki was going through Date's mind. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah i was surprised by how charming and uplifting the ending was, spike chunsoft's games are not known for having happy endings :ben:

right? :D 

30 minutes ago, kaz said:

these visual novel games look fucking awful :scust2:

MOBAs suck ass.

13 minutes ago, kaz said:

they do. visual novels as well. non-gaming garbage with clickbait storylines :D :scust2:

non-gaming garbage?  that's valid since the puzzles are pretty spread out (and some require trial and error over skill). however, the story owns hard. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

non-gaming garbage?  that's valid since the puzzles are pretty spread out (and some require trial and error over skill). however, the story owns hard. 

jesus man can you leave me alone, im trying to hate on a genre I've never played before :D (I will try it, but I will start with this time travel steinsgate stuff or whatever idk)

• Haha 1

Just now, kaz said:

jesus man can you leave me alone, im trying to hate on a genre I've never played before :D (I will try it, but I will start with this time travel steinsgate stuff or whatever idk)

steinsgate is pretty awesome. no gameplay of any kind, though. however, the metaphysical aspects of the story are great! 

Edited by -GD-
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

steinsgate is pretty awesome. no gameplay of any kind, though. however, the metaphysical aspects of the story are great! 

I dig the story aspect. I mean I get these games. I never got around to play one and you have to admit they look weird if you have no idea how to even play these games. I think i'm long overdue, i know everyone keeps praising these games for their stories and characters. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yall need to play Detention. Fantastic little horror adventure game.

Is that on switch?

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Is that on switch?

Yeah, $13. If you play it in handheld mode then I recommend using some decent headphones as well. The audio design is quite good.

• Like 1

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah, $13. If you play it in handheld mode then I recommend using some decent headphones as well. The audio design is quite good.

Just read a review. This is perfect! I’m back in the adventure game mode. I’m going through AI withdrawal. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Just read a review. This is perfect! I’m back in the adventure game mode. I’m going through AI withdrawal. 

yeah and this game actually has some clever puzzles too. Theres no way you won't enjoy it, the story is also dark and twisted and its just really well put together.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, -GD- said:

i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

Thats hard to do. Impressive. I'll check it out.

• Like 1