Jump to content

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Remij said:

So far it's typical JRPG stuff.  It touches on topics like slavery and not losing the will to fight against oppression.

 

I'm enjoying it though.  I like the characters a lot so far.  There's also lots of inter-character banter and stuff like that.  You can press RB or R1 and watch little comic book-type cutscenes at various points throughout while exploring which give more details into the characters and their backgrounds and the lore of the game's world.  They are all voice acted and skippable too.  Unfortunately not ALL the game dialog is voiced.  Most of the NPCs don't have voice acting.. and only really the ones which offer you sub missions have it.

 

But it's good.  The voice acting is pretty good actually in both Japanese and English.  I'm currently using Japanese but you can change it on the title screen before loading your game.  There's anime cinematics, real-time cutscenes, and as I mentioned those comic book-like cutscenes.  So it's all got a very VERY nice presentation.. but you likely already know that.  If you're waiting on potentially buying it.. I'll be playing this and let you know if anything changes.. but for now, I recommend this game for sure.

Cool! Yeah i'll be waiting for now to play it so happy to keep hearing updates from you as you progress through the game. Thanks. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • -GD-X

    4019

  • Twinblade

    2082

  • soup

    1751

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

Arise is a certified Brazilian ass shaker. But I’m cautious on this games difficulty. I notice there’s a lot of XP dlc fuckery you can buy and the levels of enemies are already looking pretty sus since I’m fighting enemies at a pretty active pace and the enemies and bosses have been like 4 -5 levels higher than me already, and i don’t seem to be leaving up at a faster pace with that increased enemy level 

 

its too soon to say for certain but it’s giving me a feeling of a potential Ubisoft   Style design of making you buy xp. Really hoping that’s not the case

Edited by Delita
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Delita said:

Arise is a certified Brazilian ass shaker. But I’m cautious on this games difficulty. I notice there’s a lot of XP dlc fuckery you can buy and the levels of enemies are already looking pretty sus since I’m fighting enemies at a pretty active pace and the enemies and bosses have been like 4 -5 levels higher than me already, and i don’t seem to be leaving up at a faster pace with that increased enemy level 

 

its too soon to say for certain but it’s giving me a feeling of a potential Ubisoft   Style design of making you buy xp. Really hoping that’s not the case

Hmm.. I'm not far enough to say either... but yea.. definitely could be.  I remember reading someone else saying something similar.. like one boss was no problem, but the next completely wiped him out no time flat.

 

Semi-related... but I kinda LOL'd in disgust when I rested at a camp the first time and saw a literal advertisement for DLC right there :scust: :D 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Remij said:

Beat the first Lord in Tales of Arise.  This game is awesome! :lawd:

 

It reminds me a lot of DQ11 in SOME ways.  But the combat is just badass once you start pulling off sick combos and using moves appropriately.

 

The boss battle was pretty Epic.  The cutscenes and visuals in this game are so good...especially in motion.  The particle effects and spells and animations are all incredible.

 

 

 

I just beat him. One hell of a way to open the game. I was almost expecting the credits to start rolling haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonbX said:

I just beat him. One hell of a way to open the game. I was almost expecting the credits to start rolling haha

Yea that shit was epic as hell.  I love the music too I kinda just stopped and realized at one point just how awesome it was.. like holy shit this game is hitting all the right notes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea that shit was epic as hell.  I love the music too I kinda just stopped and realized at one point just how awesome it was.. like holy shit this game is hitting all the right notes!

Yeah the music in fantastic . Im a a little over 5 hours in and i loved every minute of it. Do you beat the scorpion? I tried and got murked and just assumed its something you have to come back to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonbX said:

Yeah the music in fantastic . Im a a little over 5 hours in and i loved every minute of it. Do you beat the scorpion? I tried and got murked and just assumed its something you have to come back to. 

I tried the very first time I saw him too and nope, one hit and I was killed.  He got Shionne too before she could res me. LOL.  There's a quest from an NPC back at base which asks you to kill it but he says he's not sure if you're ready to face it yet.. No matter which option you choose he'll tell you.. "well maybe when you're stronger you can come back and fight it"

 

So yea.. it's not meant to be beaten any time soon I don't think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

I tried the very first time I saw him too and nope, one hit and I was killed.  He got Shionne too before she could res me. LOL.  There's a quest from an NPC back at base which asks you to kill it but he says he's not sure if you're ready to face it yet.. No matter which option you choose he'll tell you.. "well maybe when you're stronger you can come back and fight it"

 

So yea.. it's not meant to be beaten any time soon I don't think.

Yeah i got that sidquest. There was some other enemy i skipped right before the boss fight cause the girl said not yet haha. Probably wont be able to sink much more time into the game until saturday but im gonna burn that whole day playing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonbX said:

Yeah i got that sidquest. There was some other enemy i skipped right before the boss fight cause the girl said not yet haha. Probably wont be able to sink much more time into the game until saturday but im gonna burn that whole day playing it.

Oh that enemy, I actually took that thing on and beat it.  It was tougher for sure.. but not insurmountable like the other one out in the field.  It took some good dodging on my part because it has this attack where it flails and spins around all over the battle area.  I think I got some Astral item from it... can't remember the exact name.

 

And yea, I'm going to play a bit tonight I think, and definitely a bit during the week.. but I wont get another big play session in until the weekend either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

Oh that enemy, I actually took that thing on and beat it.  It was tougher for sure.. but not insurmountable like the other one out in the field.  It took some good dodging on my part because it has this attack where it flails and spins around all over the battle area.  I think I got some Astral item from it... can't remember the exact name.

 

And yea, I'm going to play a bit tonight I think, and definitely a bit during the week.. but I wont get another big play session in until the weekend either.

Damn that sucks i wish i would have fought it now ha

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Damn that sucks i wish i would have fought it now ha

Yea.. I almost didn't.. but then just decided to save and give it a try anyway.  I'll probably do that every time I come across one of these bigger enemies.

 

This combat is going to get absolutely insane with 4 people in the party :D 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.. I almost didn't.. but then just decided to save and give it a try anyway.  I'll probably do that every time I come across one of these bigger enemies.

 

This combat is going to get absolutely insane with 4 people in the party :D 

 

 

 

Can you comment on the amount of health that enemies have? I feel like the ones in the demo were very damage-spongey, making some of the encounters drag on for a bit too long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

Can you comment on the amount of health that enemies have? I feel like the ones in the demo were very damage-spongey, making some of the encounters drag on for a bit too long.

Well, I feel like I can't give an honest answer until I have a bit more time with the game.  I can say at this point I don't feel like the enemies have been sponges at all.  A couple of the harder ones have taken longer... but it really comes down to how well you're utilizing the strengths of your character and their move set to "break" the enemy's defense and allows you to deal big damage.

 

The actual game does a much better job of guiding you into its systems, and at an obviously much slower pace.  So I can go into battles with enemies and have combos which easily break them and allow me to kill them quickly.  A typical fight lasts me maybe 20-30 seconds with the regular enemies in groups of 3 or 4.

 

But I think if you were to just hack and slash away at them and not know how to properly do damage to them, it possibly could feel spongy.

 

I'm playing on normal difficulty btw.. but I was thinking I might bump it up as I haven't really been having any issues outside of the enemies you're obviously not supposed to be able to defeat until later.  FYI there aren't any trophies or achievements related to difficulty... so you can bump it up and down at your leisure.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm giving up on Bravely Default II after 18 hours. Even with that many classes combinations the combat still feels very repetitive, your approach towards combat never really evolves much and the grinding is extremely slow and boring. The story/characters are so cliché and the presentation so weak it's impossible to care about anything.

 

I like the game art style and music but that's about it. Fuck this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearing the end of Crash 4. This game is legitimately hard and such an amazing sequel to the original trilogy. It's everything any Crash fan could've wanted from a modern sequel and it's a shame it doesn't seem to have done as well commercially to warrant more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Remij said:

Well, I feel like I can't give an honest answer until I have a bit more time with the game.  I can say at this point I don't feel like the enemies have been sponges at all.  A couple of the harder ones have taken longer... but it really comes down to how well you're utilizing the strengths of your character and their move set to "break" the enemy's defense and allows you to deal big damage.

 

The actual game does a much better job of guiding you into its systems, and at an obviously much slower pace.  So I can go into battles with enemies and have combos which easily break them and allow me to kill them quickly.  A typical fight lasts me maybe 20-30 seconds with the regular enemies in groups of 3 or 4.

 

But I think if you were to just hack and slash away at them and not know how to properly do damage to them, it possibly could feel spongy.

 

I'm playing on normal difficulty btw.. but I was thinking I might bump it up as I haven't really been having any issues outside of the enemies you're obviously not supposed to be able to defeat until later.  FYI there aren't any trophies or achievements related to difficulty... so you can bump it up and down at your leisure.

I dont remember picking a difficulty in this game. If i did i prob picked easy lmao. But none have felt spongey so far. Some go down with one big combo ( least with the dude )

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm giving up on Bravely Default II after 18 hours. Even with that many classes combinations the combat still feels very repetitive, your approach towards combat never really evolves much and the grinding is extremely slow and boring. The story/characters are so cliché and the presentation so weak it's impossible to care about anything.

 

I like the game art style and music but that's about it. Fuck this game.

I was gonna buy that til i saw it was 60 bucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remij do you know of any secret hermit ways to mess with the resolution scaling ? It only has 100 and 200. 200 i cannot get 60fps . Anyway to downsample from 1440p?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...