The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

Remij do you know of any secret hermit ways to mess with the resolution scaling ? It only has 100 and 200. 200 i cannot get 60fps . Anyway to downsample from 1440p?

You can do it for sure.  You should be able to set DSR on in the Nvidia control panel and set the multiplier to 1.75x and then select 1440p as a resolution in the game.

If that doesn't work, it's UE4 so you can change it in the ini files.  I'm at work right now but later today I can show you how.

Edit/ ..and yeah how stupid is it that it only let's you select 50, 100, or 200 percent...lmao.  it's essentially worthless.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Remij said:

You can do it for sure.  You should be able to set DSR on in the Nvidia control panel and set the multiplier to 1.75x and then select 1440p as a resolution in the game.

If that doesn't work, it's UE4 so you can change it in the ini files.  I'm at work right now but later today I can show you how.

Edit/ ..and yeah how stupid is it that it only let's you select 50, 100, or 200 percent...lmao.  it's essentially worthless.

Ah yeah, that worked. Ty remij

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm giving up on Bravely Default II after 18 hours. Even with that many classes combinations the combat still feels very repetitive, your approach towards combat never really evolves much and the grinding is extremely slow and boring. The story/characters are so cliché and the presentation so weak it's impossible to care about anything.

I like the game art style and music but that's about it. Fuck this game.

All this was evident just from the demo i played. lmao fuck that trash

32 minutes ago, Delita said:

All this was evident just from the demo i played. lmao fuck that trash

It's an achievement that a JRPG where you can speed up the combat system by five times the normal speed still feels incredibly slow paced and tedious to play. That combat system needs to die in a fire.

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's an achievement that a JRPG where you can speed up the combat system by five times the normal speed still feels incredibly slow paced and tedious to play. That combat system needs to die in a fire.

Im surprised you guys are only coming to this conclusion now, I remember playing a demo of the first game and I Nope'd out of there real quick for these same exact reasons.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im surprised you guys are only coming to this conclusion now, I remember playing a demo of the first game and I Nope'd out of there real quick for these same exact reasons.

I hated the demo for the first game. haha

I guess I should have played a demo for the sequel too. I was really hungry for a turn based JRPG too. 

Man I need to stop buying games, im seriously getting backed up. Just copped Lost in Random

Tales of Arise

About 8 hours in and took down the first lord. Has to be the best Tales since Vesperia. Loving the combat system and the characters are decent, though i can't stop thinking I'm watching Noctis in cutscnes since its the same voice actor lmfao

Deathloop

Awesome game. This game is like the best aspects of Dishonored and Prey in a whole different style of game. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The voice actors for Juliana and Colt also are fantastic. I'm also finding it hard to classifiy it as a rouge. It takes inspirations from rougelikes, but honestly its really light.

Lost in Random

Pretty neat game so far. Kinda janky, but it has some neat ideas and its wrapped in a really interesting story with great characters and voice acting.

• Upvote 2
On 2021-09-15 at 9:26 PM, madmaltese said:

Finished Crash 4. Last few levels hard af. Cleaned up some trophies too. Superb game.

Have now very much satisfied the platformer need with Psychonauts 2, Sackboy and Crash 4 back to back to back lol Time to move to other things. Got Deathloop due to arrive this weekend. 

I found crash 4 pretty underwhelming. The difficultly is simply completely excessive (especially in those last levels) that it really ruined the fun factor for me.

44 minutes ago, Delita said:

Tales of Arise

About 8 hours in and took down the first lord. Has to be the best Tales since Vesperia. Loving the combat system and the characters are decent, though i can't stop thinking I'm watching Noctis in cutscnes since its the same voice actor lmfao

Holy shit 8 hours in before taking on the first lord?  I did it in 4 and some change and I wasn't rushing anything at all.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Holy shit 8 hours in before taking on the first lord?  I did it in 4 and some change and I wasn't rushing anything at all.

Yeah the one where Law becomes a permanent party member afterwards. I think I’m slightly overleveled. I’ve been exploring every map and dungeon, doing  side shit and fighting every battle and this last dungeon I was 2-3 lvls above every enemy. 

At the beginning I noticed I was getting my ass beat so I started to make sure I fight everyone and do everything

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I found crash 4 pretty underwhelming. The difficultly is simply completely excessive (especially in those last levels) that it really ruined the fun factor for me.

I think you definitely need to be a fan of the challenge, but that has been a crash factor with the previous games too. I think the level design is great though and added complexity while keeping the core crash theme. 

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I think you definitely need to be a fan of the challenge, but that has been a crash factor with the previous games too. I think the level design is great though and added complexity while keeping the core crash theme. 

i dunno, I found the remakes to be a lot more enjoyable and nowhere near as frustrating. Outside of that bridge level (fuck it to hell) the difficulty felt more reasonable.

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Also finally picked up Valhalla. Had almost 30 bucks from MS Rewards so why not. 100gigs FFS

Probably not the greatest game to play now. Its such a massive time sink, you really have to commit to it and basically ignore every other game you might be playing or want to play.