Jump to content

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

More Scarlet Nexus. Gameplay continues to be awesome. Everything else I can't be bothered with anymore at this point. 

Haha, same. I started skipping all the lame comic book style ''cutscenes''. I just can't be bothered with anything going on in the story.

 

Combat is still fun 6 hours in though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • -GD-X

    4062

  • Twinblade

    2119

  • soup

    1751

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Haha, same. I started skipping all the lame comic book style ''cutscenes''. I just can't be bothered with anything going on in the story.

 

Combat is still fun 6 hours in though. 

Yeah that's pretty much exactly where I'm at. About 7h in and now skip every cutscene. Combat is awesome though! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally started the court trial of the last case in Ace Attorney Chronicles (first game). Holy shit this game is eternal.

 

Definitely not going to play the sequel right away. That would be overkill. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ramza said:

Finally started the court trial of the last case in Ace Attorney Chronicles (first game). Holy shit this game is eternal.

 

Definitely not going to play the sequel right away. That would be overkill. 

damn homie, the crazy part is that the sequel blows away the first game. however, it's good you are taking a break, instead of burning out. i have no clue how i powered through the 80 hours to beat both games in just several weeks.

  • Like 1
  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-10-07 at 10:20 PM, -GD-X said:

I personally have a hard time jumping back  into a game at like the midpoint, fresh from another title. I usually just end up replaying it from the beginning, or I never get back into it. Though, I too love playing older games I’ve completed, especially ones that left an emotional impact (replaying the ME trilogy this year was amazing)!

 

Yeah im really struggling to get back into Tales, the combat is still fun but its just not clicking with me like it was before. I really just want to jump back into Lost Judgment or start up Kena.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

Yeah im really struggling to get back into Tales, the combat is still fun but its just not clicking with me like it was before. I really just want to jump back into Lost Judgment or start up Kena.

You can knock out Kena in just 10 hours :bow: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The combat in Kena can be unnecessarily unforgiving and its seriously hampering my enjoyment of the game. Im stuck on a boss that can take out all of my health in 2-3 hits and also has some very cheap attacks that are hard to dodge. It feels like im playing a Souls game which is not what I wanted from this.  
 

Edit: of course I beat the boss on my next attempt right after posting this 

  • Ben 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The combat in Kena can be unnecessarily unforgiving and its seriously hampering my enjoyment of the game. Im stuck on a boss that can take out all of my health in 2-3 hits and also has some very cheap attacks that are hard to dodge. It feels like im playing a Souls game which is not what I wanted from this.  
 

Edit: of course I beat the boss on my next attempt right after posting this 

Oh, I just played it on easy. I was all about the platforming and puzzles. I didn’t die once. I still enjoyed the combat, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Oh, I just played it on easy. I was all about the platforming and puzzles. I didn’t die once. I still enjoyed the combat, though. 

 

Spoiler

I just got the bomb and the environmental puzzles in that area were really cool :wow2:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, Kena's world is both its best and worst aspect. Its gorgeous but also feels very dead and hollow. Despite the colorful visuals and upbeat music, its kind of jarring how empty and devoid of life it is. The game is filled with settlements and villages but they're all completely empty, and i've seen about 4 NPCs total (not including the cute Rot creatures) and there isn't even anyone at the vendor stall where you buy hats from which is odd.

 

Then theres the complete absence of any wildlife whatsoever. Forests have no animals running around, no bugs like butterflies/bees, not even any birds or anything. The many rivers and streams lack any fish or Marine life whatsoever.

 

The setting feels more like its trying to be a playground for you to solve puzzles and find collectibles than an actual immersive world. Its a weird case where the setting feels both incredibly polished, but also unfinished at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I have to say, Kena's world is both its best and worst aspect. Its gorgeous but also feels very dead and hollow. Despite the colorful visuals and upbeat music, its kind of jarring how empty and devoid of life it is. The game is filled with settlements and villages but they're all completely empty, and i've seen about 4 NPCs total (not including the cute Rot creatures) and there isn't even anyone at the vendor stall where you buy hats from which is odd.

 

Then theres the complete absence of any wildlife whatsoever. Forests have no animals running around, no bugs like butterflies/bees, not even any birds or anything. The many rivers and streams lack any fish or Marine life whatsoever.

 

The setting feels more like its trying to be a playground for you to solve puzzles and find collectibles than an actual immersive world. Its a weird case where the setting feels both incredibly polished, but also unfinished at the same time.

Eh, minor gripe for having a world that’s devoid of fetch quests. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Kena. Really solid game with some fun puzzles and exploration. The only part of it that bothered me was how half baked the story was. The game just drops you in with no info on who you are, what you're doing, and why you're doing it. It almost gave me that feeling that I started the game at the halfway point, and I missed some prior context if that makes sense. Maybe the minimalistic approach was deliberate but it was hard for me to feel invested in anything that was going on. All of the story beats also just felt like excuses to get you from point A to point B. Its unfortunate because the game has some gorgeous well produced cutscenes but it didn't use them to tell an engaging story or develop the few characters that were apart of it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Kena. Really solid game with some fun puzzles and exploration. The only part of it that bothered me was how half baked the story was. The game just drops you in with no info on who you are, what you're doing, and why you're doing it. It almost gave me that feeling that I started the game at the halfway point, and I missed some prior context if that makes sense. Maybe the minimalistic approach was deliberate but it was hard for me to feel invested in anything that was going on. All of the story beats also just felt like excuses to get you from point A to point B. Its unfortunate because the game has some gorgeous well produced cutscenes but it didn't use them to tell an engaging story or develop the few characters that were apart of it.

Yeah, the story just connected all of the great sections together. It was barebones and devoid of any real feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Twinblade  the beast inside is on sale on steam. you might like it. I really enjoyed that game, the story and voice acting is really good, some nice puzzles and scary moments

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...