Jump to content

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)


Recommended Posts

On 2022-05-08 at 12:32 AM, madmaltese said:

Finished Dying Light 2. Good game. Just main lined it though but the gameplay is great. Would've really dug into more if I had played it when I didnt have open world fatigue.

 

Started Trek To Yomi. Super basic but it is so linear and simple that it's a fun little game to play in between larger ones atm. 

 

Thinking I may finally get Returnal and dive into that soon. 

 

 

Let me know when you do. I can do co-op. I hit a damn wall and think co-op could help. It’s a damn fine game. Headphones, preferably if you have the 3D audio, is mandatory. Best sound design ever dude. :aitch: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • -GD-X

    4210

  • Twinblade

    2265

  • soup

    1751

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Ike said:

Let me know when you do. I can do co-op. I hit a damn wall and think co-op could help. It’s a damn fine game. Headphones, preferably if you have the 3D audio, is mandatory. Best sound design ever dude. :aitch: 

Will do man!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to check out Citizen Sleeper and have been absolutely hooked. If you liked Disco Elysium then I'd recommend checking this out, has similar vibes but in in a sci fi setting. Has a bit of reading as no voice acting but it is truly excellent! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowly going through Lost Ark but still enjoying it, currently level 27.

 
@kaz when do I get access to the base building aspect? I remember watching videos and thinking that part of the game looked pretty neat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2022-05-17 at 7:15 PM, Twinblade said:

Slowly going through Lost Ark but still enjoying it, currently level 27.

 
@kaz when do I get access to the base building aspect? I remember watching videos and thinking that part of the game looked pretty neat.

 

I think it was part of the main story line. Once you reach the first major city. I think it's Luterra Castle. You get a song which will teleport you.

 

It's annoying and boring though :D I won't log in every day just to start researching stuff. Haven't played in weeks too

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kaz said:

 

I think it was part of the main story line. Once you reach the first major city. I think it's Luterra Castle. You get a song which will teleport you.

 

It's annoying and boring though :D I won't log in every day just to start researching stuff. Haven't played in weeks too

 

Ahh thats unfortunate. Im still getting daily log on gifts and other shit and I have no clue what any of it does :D Half of my inventory is items that I either can't use or don't know how to use.

 

But my one real issue with the game at the moment is that the loot is just boring. Even when I find something unique thats better than what I already have, it barely has any effect on my character's look. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2022-05-18 at 9:28 PM, Twinblade said:

 

Ahh thats unfortunate. Im still getting daily log on gifts and other shit and I have no clue what any of it does :D Half of my inventory is items that I either can't use or don't know how to use.

 

But my one real issue with the game at the moment is that the loot is just boring. Even when I find something unique thats better than what I already have, it barely has any effect on my character's look. 

 

Check out maxroll.gg lost ark, it's probably the best site that explains item progression. You don't get loot like the tradiotinal way, you use many resources to upgrade your gear level. There are only 3 Tier sets in the end game and the Tiers are based on item level, up to 1400 something. The story is basically played in a few hours. 

 

Also you get two free level 50 characters later. And yes, you get a lot of stuff a lot of that isn't very necessary, make sure to get the HP potions with 45% and 60% from the chests and every engraving recipe you need. Like I said I didn't look in for a long time, all the bonus stuff is boring crap. Last time we got a new mount at 20 logins. 

 

man I always forget to ask; what class are you playing? and which level are you now? You reach level 50 the soft cap at the end of the story if you take all the side-quests for exp. 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kaz said:

 

Check out maxroll.gg lost ark, it's probably the best site that explains item progression. You don't get loot like the tradiotinal way, you use many resources to upgrade your gear level. There are only 3 Tier sets in the end game and the Tiers are based on item level, up to 1400 something. The story is basically played in a few hours. 

 

Also you get two free level 50 characters later. And yes, you get a lot of stuff a lot of that isn't very necessary, make sure to get the HP potions with 45% and 60% from the chests and every engraving recipe you need. Like I said I didn't look in for a long time, all the bonus stuff is boring crap. Last time we got a new mount at 20 logins. 

 

man I always forget to ask; what class are you playing? and which level are you now? You reach level 50 the soft cap at the end of the story if you take all the side-quests for exp. 

 

Im playing a Deathblade from the Assassin class. I liked how quick and flashy the combat as this class looked which is why I picked it. Right now im at level 27 in the Luterra area, but looking at the adventure tome it looks like I still have a ton of story content left. And yeah im doing every sidequest as I go along.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned the game in another thread but I just finished Them and Us. This is probably the most authentic old school RE clone i've come across. You can tell right off the bat that the developers were huge fans of those games, especially RE1. It even takes that design and 'doubles down' on it in some ways. For example backtracking and inventory management are a bigger focus to the point where it can feel a bit excessive. You start off with a whopping 2 inventory slots :D and to make that worse, key items take up inventory space instead of having their own section :ben: You do quickly end up getting more slots early on, but even then you still have to frequently go back and forth between the areas to drop off some of the items you've picked up. But even then I still enjoyed seeing the same areas, especially since the interiors like the mansion are surprisingly detailed and actually look pretty sharp, despite this being a UE3 game. Puzzles are pretty enjoyable as well, outside of one a few hours in that I thought was pretty bullshit.

 

So yeah....I was wary at first because $40 was pretty steep for an indie game (even Daymare which is the closest to this type of game was only $30) but I had a solid time and think it was worth it.

 

I've heard mixed things but im tempted to get Tormented Souls next.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I mentioned the game in another thread but I just finished Them and Us. This is probably the most authentic old school RE clone i've come across. You can tell right off the bat that the developers were huge fans of those games, especially RE1. It even takes that design and 'doubles down' on it in some ways. For example backtracking and inventory management are a bigger focus to the point where it can feel a bit excessive. You start off with a whopping 2 inventory slots :D and to make that worse, key items take up inventory space instead of having their own section :ben: You do quickly end up getting more slots early on, but even then you still have to frequently go back and forth between the areas to drop off some of the items you've picked up. But even then I still enjoyed seeing the same areas, especially since the interiors like the mansion are surprisingly detailed and actually look pretty sharp, despite this being a UE3 game. Puzzles are pretty enjoyable as well, outside of one a few hours in that I thought was pretty bullshit.

 

So yeah....I was wary at first because $40 was pretty steep for an indie game (even Daymare which is the closest to this type of game was only $30) but I had a solid time and think it was worth it.

 

I've heard mixed things but im tempted to get Tormented Souls next.

Tormented Souls has a demo if you want to give it a spin. Love the visuals in that one but I got stuck in a room because of a bug so I said fuck it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Tormented Souls has a demo if you want to give it a spin. Love the visuals in that one but I got stuck in a room because of a bug so I said fuck it. 

 
I heard it has its fair share of bugs. But the other big complaint is that the puzzles are apparently convoluted as fuck. I figure if I get annoyed with them I can just look up a walkthrough though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to buy Tormented Souls. The graphics are pretty great, its probably the best looking game of this type.

 

The combat is my least favorite part of it so far though. The nail gun doesn't feel good to use and the enemies are annoying. They're not only agile compared to zombies but the rooms and corridors don't give you enough space to position yourself properly or run away to avoid them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

I remember hearing about that game. Its a Zelda clone right? Im almost done with Tormented Souls so I might check it out afterwards.

Imagine Zelda with only puzzles. It’s relaxing af! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Tormented Souls. Definitely time to end the horror game binge i've been on :D The game has some really neat ideas and I did enjoy it.....mainly thanks to the guides I was constantly looking up :ben:   a lot of the puzzles are just annoyingly obscure and make little sense. But there are some others that are genuinely pretty clever and fun to solve, the quality is just all over the place.

 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Imagine Zelda with only puzzles. It’s relaxing af! 

 

Sounds cool. I just saw that its on PC, so ill probably grab that version.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

But yeah if anyone's interested this is how I would rank the recent steam horror games i've played

 

The Coma 2 - The 2D perspective and art style definitely elevated this game about its traditional hide and seek roots. The asian settings and atmosphere are also pretty cool. Definitely felt like the 'freshest' of the bunch.

Them and Us - The best classic RE style game since Daymare

Nightmare of Decay - Another old school RE inspired game. This is much smaller in scope (its $5 and about 2 hours long) but it still succeeds when it comes to exploration, puzzles, and atmosphere.

Tormented Souls - As mentioned above, I enjoyed this game but you have to really have patience when it comes to its puzzles. It is definitely the most technically advanced of the bunch, the sets and lighting are AAA quality which is impressive for a $20 game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

But yeah if anyone's interested this is how I would rank the recent steam horror games i've played

 

The Coma 2 - The 2D perspective and art style definitely elevated this game about its traditional hide and seek roots. The asian settings and atmosphere are also pretty cool. Definitely felt like the 'freshest' of the bunch.

Them and Us - The best classic RE style game since Daymare

Nightmare of Decay - Another old school RE inspired game. This is much smaller in scope (its $5 and about 2 hours long) but it still succeeds when it comes to exploration, puzzles, and atmosphere.

Tormented Souls - As mentioned above, I enjoyed this game but you have to really have patience when it comes to its puzzles. It is definitely the most technically advanced of the bunch, the sets and lighting are AAA quality which is impressive for a $20 game.

I feel like this can be adapted into a horror game YouTube channel, catering to obscure games. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing Going Under. I wanted to give it a shot for the longest time. I'm loving it, the art style is fantastic and the gameplay is fun and addictive. It was on sale for around $5, definitely worth checking out at that price.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I feel like this can be adapted into a horror game YouTube channel, catering to obscure games. 

 

I still have a wordpress site where I posted game reviews that I haven't updated in like 2 years. I should modify it and make it something where I just cover horror games.

  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...