The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

As Dusk Falls is awesome. Story is superb so far and art style is cool. Decision seem major too and it's got the awesome Detroit flow chart at end of chapters to show the different paths you could take. Will defs give it another run when I finish my first. 

The acting is so bad, though. It was solid, at first. But then it fell apart for me. I was unintentionally lol-ing. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

The acting is so bad, though. It was solid, at first. But then it fell apart for me. I was unintentionally lol-ing. 

I think I just go into games expecting that level of acting and writing haha then when it's surpassed I'm blown away (GoW, TLOU, etc)

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I think I just go into games expecting that level of acting and writing haha then when it's surpassed I'm blown away (GoW, TLOU, etc)

That’s fair. I think Detroit raised the bar a bit too high for these kinds of games.

• Upvote 1

finished tomb raider trilogy recently, needed to be drunk. they were all mediocre, nothng like the old games but lara is hot as fuck :aitch: 

what the fuck was with shadow tho, that game had one of the worst pacing I've ever seen, I didn't expect anything from the story but that shit surprised me as well, what a load of trash :D  feel bad that lara gets tossed away for these shitty games, just like the dude that voiced alan wake and played the mad scientist in control :D 

decided to replay GODpunk 2077 now. :aitch: :aitch: it has been a year and this definitely the fastest I ever replayed a game. Playing Male V this time so I can bang some other characters. My fem-lesbo playthrough was still better tho :aitch: 

The diofield chronicles demo is so damn good. It went from interested to a must buy

@Twinblade

you should try out the demo since you’re a fan of strategy rpgs.

Also got cult of the lamb this morning and having a lot of fun. I feel like the simulation aspects is t really clicking with me so far, a bit too micro managey but the dungeon gameplay is damn good. I started it up just to give it a whirl and ended up playing a good 4 hours straight 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

The diofield chronicles demo is so damn good. It went from interested to a must buy

@Twinblade

Also got cult of the lamb this morning and having a lot of fun. I feel like the simulation aspects is t really clicking with me so far, a bit too micro managey but the dungeon gameplay is damn good. I started it up just to give it a whirl and ended up playing a good 4 hours straight 

Yes!  I was playing Diofield last night.  Demo is quite good indeed.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Delita said:

@Twinblade

Thanks for the heads up. I actually remember stumbling on a trailer of that game and thinking it looked interesting.

Ill give the demo a try.

On 2022-08-11 at 5:33 PM, Twinblade said:

Could not get into Diofield Chronicles at all. Its basically a small scale squad based RTS similar to those Warhammer games on PC, and thats the type of gameplay & combat im not remotely a fan of.

I’ve never played those games but to me it felt like an improved version of the Growlanser series, I’m not certain but I’m willing to bet a lot of the same staff who made the Growlanser series probably made this. It just feels too similar.

This style of Strategy rpgs are so few and far between that a new one feels fresh and exciting to me personally 

• Upvote 1

On the 3rd dungeon in Cult of the Lamb. The base building/management aspect really elevates this game compared to the typical roguelike. The actual dungeon runs are pretty short and typically last around 6-10 minutes. But then after one of those you can easily spend 2-3x that amount of time in the hub world building up your base, managing resources, leveling up followers, completing quests, unlocking passive abilities, etc. The mechanics actually remind me a lot of Spiritfarer, which is one of the best indie games i've played this gen so its nice to play something similar.

Been playing Spider-Man Remastered.  Game looks a great as ever.. super clean with DLAA. Port is really damn good too.  Sony was smart as hell to acquire Nixxes.  They've also said there will be CPU optimization updates coming in the future.

20220813155146-1.jpg

20220813083306-1.jpg

20220813153329-1.jpg

20220813201139-1.jpg

Xenoblade 3 just dropped like 3 new systems on me before a boss battle... Now im getting stomped out..  Lol

About to jump into the training module for the first time to practice these new mechanics.   (im at the end of either chapter 3 or 4)

Story is getting kinda crazy right now.. Loving it.

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Remij said:

Been playing Spider-Man Remastered.  Game looks a great as ever.. super clean with DLAA. Port is really damn good too.  Sony was smart as hell to acquire Nixxes.  They've also said there will be CPU optimization updates coming in the future.

How's Days Gone on PC? Im going on leave from work soon and am looking for some meaty games to play through.

57 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Xenoblade 3 just dropped like 3 new systems on me before a boss battle... Now im getting stomped out..  Lol

About to jump into the training module for the first time to practice these new mechanics.   (im at the end of either chapter 3 or 4)

Story is getting kinda crazy right now.. Loving it.

I got about 30 hours in before I dropped it. I tolerated most of the stuff I disliked but the constant long ass boss battles that often come in pairs just ruined the game for me. Then you have to make sure you beat them both during the same session, because if you lose at the 2nd boss and decide to take a break from the game, it doesn't save in between so you have to replay the first boss battle over again. This game feels like its designed to just waste the player's time.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How's Days Gone on PC? Im going on leave soon from work and am looking for some meaty games to play through.

Days Gone is great on PC!  I quite liked the mouse and keyboard implementation and despite showing its age these days it still looks great.

20210524140618-1.jpg

20210606131535-1.jpg

20210606131653-1.jpg

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

How's Days Gone on PC? Im going on leave from work soon and am looking for some meaty games to play through.

There are a lot of frustrating things about the game. A lot. It requires a lot of grinding but gets a little better when you grind better shit. The starting guns makes the enemies feel like bullet sponges, it took a full assault rifle magazine to take down a wolf :cosby2: Not a zombie wolf, just a regular wolf.

I only recently got it on PS after skipping it on release and I haven't played a game I found this frustrating in a long time. The main character mubles to himself all the time too :D then starts shouting to himself as you're trying to stealth and hide from zombie hordes.

The fuel consumption is retarded too. The world isnt as big as it needs to be, so get on a bike hold forwards for 20 seconds and look you just lost 30% of your fuel.

The open world isnt so open either. In missions it has out of bounds areas which is retarded because open world games used to be about being open and freedom to tackle missions how you wanf.

There is a lot I could say but it would take all day, it could have been a good game, it looks great and the foundation is there but there is just a lot of retarded design decisions and it makes you wonder if they ever played a game lile this. Coming from Horizon the difference is night and day. This reminds me of Alan Wake in a lot of ways and that's not a good thing.

• Like 1