Jump to content

The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • -GD-X

    4345

  • Twinblade

    2402

  • soup

    1751

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Is that an expansion???

 

The additional content is all included in the game. 

 

Think of the stages like star road from super Mario world... Except this not only has harder bosses than the main game.. It has extra bosses not found in the main game and the true ending. 

 

Once you finish the game go back to the the main hub village. 

 

"At this point, you should head back to Waddle Dee Town and ascend up the nearby tower.

Clawroline will be waiting, and upon interacting in conversation they'll unlock a new location called Isolated Isles: Forgo Dreams. This new region is where you'll be granted access to the post-game missions that has good amount of additional content for you to dive into."

 

I had to max out the Meta knight abilities to beat the last two bosses in the post game content.  :dame:

 

 

  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

 

The additional content is all included in the game. 

 

Think of the stages like star road from super Mario world... Except this not only has harder bosses than the main game.. It has extra bosses not found in the main game and the true ending. 

 

Once you finish the game go back to the the main hub village. 

 

"At this point, you should head back to Waddle Dee Town and ascend up the nearby tower.

Clawroline will be waiting, and upon interacting in conversation they'll unlock a new location called Isolated Isles: Forgo Dreams. This new region is where you'll be granted access to the post-game missions that has good amount of additional content for you to dive into."

 

I had to max out the Meta knight abilities to beat the last two bosses in the post game content.  :dame:

 

 

Holy shit! That’s awesome! I thought the main game was pretty great. This is amazing! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

^ has that been in the game since launch? If so then they really shouldn’t have made it so easy to miss.

Yes it's been there since launch... 

 

It's not easy to miss if you watch the ending... They literally show claworine go up the tower and I believe they tell you go speak her once you load up the game. 

 

I didn't know about it before hand, just was checking out the stuff post game and it was right there..... I beat the extra levels months ago right after I finished the campaign. 

 

Been meaning to ask GD if he played it but forgot. 

Edited by Goukosan
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes it's been there since launch... 

 

It's not easy to miss if you watch the ending... They literally show claworine go up the tower and I believe they tell you go speak her once you load up the game. 

 

I didn't know about it before hand, just was checking out the stuff post game and it was right there..... I beat the extra levels months ago right after I finished the campaign. 

 

Been meaning to ask GD if he played it but forgot. 

 
I assumed they were setting up for a sequel with the ending. The game should have explained that better. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 
I assumed they were setting up for a sequel with the ending. The game should have explained that better. 
 

 

 

Key word is you "assumed".   

 

You want your hand held and told explicitly everywhere to go every two seconds? 

 

They literally told you go speak to her... You chose not to and it's the game's fault? Lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

 

Key word is you "assumed".   

 

You want your hand held and told explicitly everywhere to go every two seconds? 

 

They literally told you go speak to her... You chose not to and it's the game's fault? Lol

 

 

 
Most modern games with post game content pop up a message after the credits roll to let players know of it. I’m sorry Nintendo is still behind the times in that regard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

 
Most modern games with post game content pop up a message after the credits roll to let players know of it. I’m sorry Nintendo is still behind the times in that regard.

 

Most modern games this content would be a paid expansion.. 

 

Im sorry you need red neon flashing signs to follow simple directions. 

Edited by Goukosan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2022-11-01 at 8:59 PM, Ramza said:

Yes, I saw it on sale for relatively cheap once. Still curious to see what it's like but I don't have the time. 

 

I bought it yesterday. The shooting and general movement are the most low budget feeling shit ever :ben: but I like everything else so far. It ticks off all the boxes that you'd expect from a old school RE inspired game. Also it has an interesting mechanic I haven't seen in a game of this type before, where you pick up these small skull figurines and can slot them into these small pedestals in the puzzle areas. And that basically triggers the puzzle solution and lets you skip it. Its a neat accessibility feature that Im surprised isn't done in more games.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Hot Wheels: Unleashed on sale.

 

The game is really cool, one of the best racer I have ever played, it's up there with the likes of F-Zero GX/Wipeout Omega. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Remij said:

Fun 3D Sonic you mean. 

 

But yea, I'm hearing it's great.

 

The game is crazy. Its both familiar but also extremely different. One moment you're riding along rails and completing other platforming challenges throughout the world and the next you're getting into some epic SOTC-like fight against a giant enemy, But its a combination of gameplay styles that actually works really well. Plus the music is awesome and perfectly complements everything you're doing. It might actually be one of the best video game soundtracks this year based on what i've heard so far.

 

Im just really impressed especially after all the gameplay/demo showcases which did nothing to get me hyped for it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished RE8. Actually really liked it overall but the last third is the worst part of the game. The factory 'level' sucked and was one of the longer ones too. Bit of a shame as that is one of the last impressions you get of the game but up till that point I was thoroughly enjoying it all. Still overall a great game imo but these first person REs always peak early it seems.

 

Also started GoW :aitch:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a bit of a break from God of War Ragnarok and decided to purchase Sonic Frontiers after all.. and I'm glad I did.  I love it.  They have a really good template of a game here for 3D Sonic..  If they build off of this, and expand on some concepts they've introduced here, then Sonic could thrive in 3D.  Certain things feel almost perfect, while others fall a bit short.  Camera needs some work, and certain things with collision and physics... but it's like 90% of the way there.

 

The music is sick as fuck.  I'm honestly loving some of the bosses and combat.  It's nothing super deep obviously, but it's definitely good for this style of game.

 

The PC version runs beautifully.  It sucks the game doesn't officially support Ultrawide, but there's a hack for it as usual.  The only downside about it is that FMVs are stretched.  Other than that, it runs very smooth with no issues that I've found so far.  It's unfortunate the game is locked to 60fps on all platforms though.. and I'm not sure it will be possible to unlock on PC without messing with the physics, but that would be awesome if it happens.  I wish the draw distance was better, and the low draw distance doesn't help certain areas from looking a bit boring and empty... but it can actually look quite good at times as well.  There's actually quite a bit going on, and lots of little puzzles and platforms with things to collect.

 

Screenshot

20221111014244-1.jpg

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Remij said:

Taking a bit of a break from God of War Ragnarok and decided to purchase Sonic Frontiers after all.. and I'm glad I did.  I love it.  They have a really good template of a game here for 3D Sonic..  If they build off of this, and expand on some concepts they've introduced here, then Sonic could thrive in 3D.  Certain things feel almost perfect, while others fall a bit short.  Camera needs some work, and certain things with collision and physics... but it's like 90% of the way there.

 

The music is sick as fuck.  I'm honestly loving some of the bosses and combat.  It's nothing super deep obviously, but it's definitely good for this style of game.

 

The PC version runs beautifully.  It sucks the game doesn't officially support Ultrawide, but there's a hack for it as usual.  The only downside about it is that FMVs are stretched.  Other than that, it runs very smooth with no issues that I've found so far.  It's unfortunate the game is locked to 60fps on all platforms though.. and I'm not sure it will be possible to unlock on PC without messing with the physics, but that would be awesome if it happens.  I wish the draw distance was better, and the low draw distance doesn't help certain areas from looking a bit boring and empty... but it can actually look quite good at times as well.  There's actually quite a bit going on, and lots of little puzzles and platforms with things to collect.

 

Screenshot

20221111014244-1.jpg

 

 

 

Yeah its a good time even with the issues. I should be finishing it either later tonight or tomorrow so ill have more thoughts on it soon.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

Yeah its a good time even with the issues. I should be finishing it either later tonight or tomorrow so ill have more thoughts on it soon.

Yea for sure.  Man, I just can't believe how my opinion on this game changed since the initial unveil.  I was honestly dead set against what I saw, but their continued trailers changed my mind.  Their marketing could use some work, but they have something good going on here.  This style of game, with the aesthetics of Green Hill Zone, and other popular zones would be perfect.

 

Also some good news for the game.. it seems the Steam version is doing pretty well.  Just over 19,000 peak concurrent players.  The next biggest Sonic game was Mania, with just 12,000.  So this is by far the biggest Sonic launch on Steam.  Sega must be pretty happy with how this game is doing I would think.

 

sonic13.png

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...