The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Been playing WAY too much of the new Hoyoverse game Honkai: Star Rail on Mobile. It’s addicting as shit and the productions values are what you’d see from a AA JRPG and it’s a F2P gatcha. I have reached the grind but I’m having fun still. The game is very generous with its rolls. I have done nothing but free content and got some really great characters on my team. Can’t wait until the PS5 version comes out. 

• Upvote 2

Bought System Shock. Was going to hold off but I was watching the GB quick look and they managed to sell me on it. Mainly because of how its a piece gaming history that should be experienced.

Also EGS is offering a 25% off coupon on new games over $15 which is nice. I was able to get the game for $30.

• Upvote 1

Oh boy, System Shock doesn't leave a good first impression.

Firstly, there's a lot of junk you pick up that you can turn into scrap to get credits. Unfortunately, there's no way quick way of doing that in bulk. You have to go through each item in your inventory and manually do it.

There's no way to auto sort your inventory either. So you have to constantly make space yourself by moving around and rotating items. Im not sure how it is on a controller, but doing that on KBM just feels bad. Its a much worse, clunkier version of RE4's inventory tetris

Then there's the cyberspace 'mini game'. I've only done it once, and I already feel like I got my fill of it. Its incredibly disorienting and actually made me start to feel physically sick.

This game definetly feels like a relic and is missing some real basic quality of life features.

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh boy, System Shock doesn't leave a good first impression.

Firstly, there's a lot of junk you pick up that you can turn into scrap to get credits. Unfortunately, there's no way quick way of doing that in bulk. You have to go through each item in your inventory and manually do it.

There's no way to auto sort your inventory either. So you have to constantly make space yourself by moving around and rotating items. Im not sure how it is on a controller, but doing that on KBM just feels bad. Its a much worse, clunkier version of RE4's inventory tetris

Then there's the cyberspace 'mini game'. I've only done it once, and I already feel like I got my fill of it. Its incredibly disorienting and actually made me start to feel physically sick.

This game definetly feels like a relic and is missing some real basic quality of life features.

2 feels pretty dated. I can’t even imagine 1. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

2 feels pretty dated. I can’t even imagine 1. 

Well the point of a remake of this type of game should be to modernize those parts of it that our now outdated.

But that said im starting to warm up to it. I think this genre of games is one of my favorites and this one does manage to hold up in many ways.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Well the point of a remake of this type of game should be to modernize those parts of it that our now outdated.

That said im starting to warm up to it. I think this genre of games is one of my favorites and this one does manage to hold up in some ways.

The atmosphere is stellar. That’s about all I remember. Well, that and the awesome final boss. 

• Upvote 1

I dropped System Shock after about 6 hours. I was actually enjoying the game and had explored a good amount of the station's floors, but the objectives were vague enough that I just didn't feel like trying to find out what exactly I needed to do to make progress in the story. I do feel like I got the gist of what the game was and how it shaped the immersive sim genre. I imagine all of its systems and mechanics were very impressive for its time.

Playing the hell (:diddy:) out of Diablo 4.  Level 30 currently.  We've been running around doing tons of side quests and just exploring everywhere.  Game is so good.. and the hours literally just melt away... it's kinda fucking scary. :scared: 

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I dropped System Shock after about 6 hours. I was actually enjoying the game and had explored a good amount of the station's floors, but the objectives were vague enough that I just didn't feel like trying to find out what exactly I needed to do to make progress in the story. I do feel like I got the gist of what the game was and how it shaped the immersive sim genre. I imagine all of its systems and mechanics were very impressive for its time.

At least YouTube the last boss. Super cool! 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Is that an accurate version of it? The ending is subtle but cool. Not sure about the boss battle itself tho.

Man, I can’t say I’m a fan of the cleaner the graphics. Here’s the old one. It’s more the sound design than anything else. 

2 hours into Amnesia The Bunker

Game is intense as fuck. Probably the most on-edge and anxious i've felt in an Amnesia game....the atmosphere and audio design in particular are sublime.

When you're exploring a section of the bunker, but you fail to keep track of how much fuel is left to the generator and you hear it suddenly power down and the lights simultaneously go off, and then you hear the monster crawling behind the walls, not knowing if its going to suddenly emerge somewhere around you.....:down: 

• Like 1
  • aitch 2
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

2 hours into Amnesia The Bunker

Game is intense as fuck. Probably the most on-edge and anxious i've felt in an Amnesia game....the atmosphere and audio design in particular are sublime.

When you're exploring a section of the bunker, but you fail to keep track of how much fuel is left to the generator and you hear it suddenly power down and the lights simultaneously go off, and then you hear the monster crawling behind the walls, not knowing if its going to suddenly emerge somewhere around you.....:down: 

Damn, sounding good. :glad: