The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Some people are saying it gets really obnoxious late game because of all the photographic memories you end up gathering.

Oh. I just take pics of shit with my phone. Way easier 

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

I played through the very beginning of Lords of The Fallen. Not sure how I feel about it. It runs and looks fine on my PC, and there's a lot more to the gameplay mechanics than I was expecting. But the combat itself is a bit clumsy and doesn't feel as good as Lies of P, which I view as the new standard when it comes to Souls-likes not developed by From. Also, the world feels a bit dull in its design, at least so far. And whats up with the roll? It feels so weird. When the animation is about to end you get propelled forward in a way that makes no sense physics wise.

• Upvote 1

I was able to sink more time into Lorelei and the Laser Eye. I’m at the 65% mark. I’m stuck lol. I know I probably have the what I need to solve the puzzle (I think lol), but I just did like 15 puzzles in an hour (a very cool and trippy part). I’m tired. I’ve taken so many pics and have used my notepad on my phone. This is an awesome puzzle game! Some great head-scratchers. 

edit: the atmosphere and interconnectivity continue to be excellent for this genre. 

• Upvote 1

Lorelei and the Laser Eye took an amazing turn! :smoke: 

as for being “stuck”….let’s just say I had the key to a door I didn’t think I had the key to lol. This is why you shouldn’t play puzzle games when you are tired. I wasted like 2 hours :deadest:

• Haha 1

I’m closing in on the final 5th of Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. This game is wild! I love the horror elements and the puzzles have been a blast! One was pretty damn cool! 

• aitch 1

I was curious what Lorelei had on Meta. Funny enough, the first review also compared it to being the Dark Souls of puzzle games. It’s exactly that. 

edit: I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like it’s David Lynch-inspired. 

IMG_0216.png

IMG_0217.png

After many times of seeing Tiny Tinas on sale for 15 bucks i finally picked it up. I was tired of the BL games so didnt know if id even be interested in this one at all.

So far i like it a lot tho. Maybe my favorite BL game since the first one. Just making fun of RPGs and DD. The comedy hits for me in this one. The overworld changes things up and has random encounters / quests to complete as well.

Definitely worth the 15 bucks.

Finished Lorelei and The Laser Eyes. That was a crazy ass ending! I definitely recommend going into the last puzzle with several hours to spare. I don’t want to give any spoilers, as to why, but just trust me. 

As for the game, this is a 10/10! The Dark Souls of puzzle games! The interconnectivity with the level design and puzzles is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. As for atmosphere, it’s rich in Lynch surrealism, ranging from bizarre, abstract humor to downright cryptic imagery. There’s even a few clever jump scares. I have no clue how long it took me to beat it. It says 30 hours, but I never hit “pause” when I get phone calls or return texts (which happens often, due to my line of work). I would say 20 hours of playtime is probably an accurate guess. It would have been shorter, but I made some dumb mistakes (do not play this when you are tired lol). 

lastly, the puzzles are fucking fantastic! You’ll be thinking outside of the box - that’s for sure! It will all feel a bit clunky and overwhelming, at first. Then it all becomes fluid, with a great and consistent level of progression. 

Major tip: if you enter a room, interact with everything. Anything that could be puzzle-related will be logged as a memory or a to-do. 

Also, I got a 99.4%. If you are looking to get 100%, make sure you find all of the money, before the last part (you’ll know what it is). I’m not redoing that long ass final section just to get 100% lol. Maybe another time. 

• Like 2
Just now, Twinblade said:

^ Nice review GD :smoke:

thanks man. i figured a game that redefines the puzzle genre deserves more than my typical one paragraph review. it's truly something special.

after the epic, and amazing, lorelei and the laser eyes....i decided to go back to balatro for a fun, chill card experience (my brain is still fried from lorelei lol). balatro is truly the lemonade-on-a-hot-sunny-day of gaming.  the music, alone, calms the nerves. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Played through Dredge and really enjoyed it.

is that like dave the diver? man, i totally threw dtd to the curb once i got hooked on lorelei :deadest:

Just now, -GD-X said:

is that like dave the diver? man, i totally threw dtd to the curb once i got hooked on lorelei :deadest:

A little bit but it's much more focused on one gameplay format (doesn't have multiple systems constantly being added or fishing + restaurant).

It's really good though, basically a fisherman on your fishing boat where you go out to catch fish (much like Dave the diver) but then has a slightly Alan Wake/horror undertone. Don't want to say too much but it's cool. Small open world map with cool things to discover, constant feeling of progression and upgrading your boat, etc.

Also only about 6-8h to finish

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

A little bit but it's much more focused on one gameplay format (doesn't have multiple systems constantly being added or fishing + restaurant).

It's really good though, basically a fisherman on your fishing boat where you go out to catch fish (much like Dave the diver) but then has a slightly Alan Wake/horror undertone. Don't want to say too much but it's cool. Small open world map with cool things to discover, constant feeling of progression and upgrading your boat, etc.

Also only about 6-8h to finish

oh that sounds great! dtd had a lot going on. maybe too much. this sounds more up my alley.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

oh that sounds great! dtd had a lot going on. maybe too much. this sounds more up my alley.

Yeah if DTD was too much this is very much a similar addicting loop but toned down. I think you'll enjoy it. 

• aitch 1

ok, i have an issue. i double dipped on elden ring so i can play it at work. i have to say, it looks really great on the SD. i still want to dock it, but i had to point out how amazing the optimization is for ER on the SD.

oh...the replay is giving me nostalgia feels :happysad:

• Like 1