The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I’m at the 70-ish percent of my replay of dark souls 3 (barely beat Dragonslayer Armour). I’m too much of a glass canon, so I don’t think I’m ready for the DLC yet. I’m level 80. My vitality is only 8 :D 

as for the replay, I can’t believe I’m saying this…but I enjoyed ER’s replay a lot more, with BB and DS 1 being the best on subsequent runs (but ER felt great). I still haven’t played 2, and I have no desire. 

for some reason, I remembered liking DS3 a lot more. I mean, it’s still great. It’s just a lower tier than the other games (minus 2). The boss battles mostly own, though. Even the gimmicky ones. 

But, I hear the DLC is outstanding, so I’m looking forward to it :smoke:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

I was digging Ashes of Ariandel, until the mountain/snow maze after the NPC fight. The level design is god awful. It’s just traps and mobs. The shortcuts, early on, felt good. Here…not so much. I’ll play a little more, but I’m super underwhelmed.

• Upvote 1

Oh hell nah. That sister friede one shot kills me :D I knew I was under leveled, but damn lol. She makes the regular ds3 bosses look like a joke. I will have to respec and come at her bloodborne/greatsword style. I YouTube’d the full fight. 3 phases? Really? And people made Malenia seem hard, when she’s a joke compared to this fight. I a lot of peeps used pyro builds. Decisions decisions. At least the fight is right next to a bonfire lol

• Like 1

i got sister friede to the third phase. she ended up doing some combo i hadn't seen before that basically stun-locked me and killed me (i had her health down to half). maybe later. at least she has no poise. it's easy to get her stun-locked in phase 1.

@Remij @Twinblade I finally beat sister friede - hands down the hardest boss I’ve faced in a souls game lol. I literally had to respec to a stamina-pumping pyromancer lol. That final battle was a dopamine rush lol. 

edit: if that had a long run back, I would’ve quit. It took me around 40-50 tries. It’s a fair boss, though. It didn’t feel cheap. 

Oh, that was the end. Let’s hope ringed city is better. That was mostly meh, minus that godly (even though I struggled with it) boss. 7/10 (9/10 boss, though). 

10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Remij @Twinblade I finally beat sister friede - hands down the hardest boss I’ve faced in a souls game lol. I literally had to respec to a stamina-pumping pyromancer lol. That final battle was a dopamine rush lol. 

edit: if that had a long run back, I would’ve quit. It took me around 40-50 tries. It’s a fair boss, though. It didn’t feel cheap. 

thats interesting that DS3 DLC has such a hard boss.

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

thats interesting that DS3 DLC has such a hard boss.

Yeah, at least compared to the rest of the game. It’s weird, though. While the first DLC was great for pyro builds. The ringed city isn’t. Looks like I’ll be switching to a strength build. I got annihilated by the first boss with pyro, and I almost beat it with magic. However, it seems physical damage is the way to go here. I checked some reddit posts and most agree. 

• Upvote 1

i switched back to a mage/strength hybrid. i took down the demon prince pretty easily. long fight, though. i should probably upgrade my sword. i was only getting 200-300 per hit. i should have gotten 400+. the magic came in handy from afar. those fire attacks are ruthless. still, this felt more like a mid tier ds3 boss, in terms of difficulty. although, i enjoyed its smough and ornstein-like dynamic.

edit: the level design is already a major notch above the first dlc. ringed city is actually fun to explore.

I finally got to Midir. I know the boss is optional, but fuck. I have to try to beat it lol. I was able to get it down to 50%, then dead lol. 1 shots like nothing I’ve seen. At least it’s one phase. 

Nobody wants to Die is going to be one of this year's sleeper hits. This game has such an awesome look and atmosphere. Plus its a legitimately interesting detective game that almost reminds me of a futuristic LA Noire with its noir vibe

1234.thumb.jpg.aba2bb55398bf237f7923ce567ee5379.jpg

2352353.jpg

52353253.jpg

79797.jpg

• Like 1
  • aitch 1

Holy shit! I finally beat Midir, with only a sliver of health left. Almost got a heart attack when he was close to death.  That was one of the best fights ever! I died like 40 times, but I finally got it! My heart is literally racing :D 

edit: thank god I remembered embers restore health. 

• Upvote 1

I got to Gael. Jesus lol. 

I died like 20 times. I’ll be on vacation the next few days, so I’ll have to sideline this until I get back. That second phase is a bitch :D 

overall, this has been some stellar DLC! 

• aitch 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I got to Gael. Jesus lol. 

I died like 20 times. I’ll be on vacation the next few days, so I’ll have to sideline this until I get back. That second phase is a bitch :D 

overall, this has been some stellar DLC! 

Gael is one of my favorite Souls bosses of all time.  I LOVE his design and that fight.  The music in the last phase :wow2: 

• aitch 1

Tried about 45 mins of Flintlock and DOT. Flintlock feels probably about what youd expect. Ill continue playing it as it made a decent 1st impression. 

DOT is like animated Life is Strange RPG so far. Seems ok, but real cheap. Will also give it a shot tho.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Remij said:

Gael is one of my favorite Souls bosses of all time.  I LOVE his design and that fight.  The music in the last phase :wow2: 

Yeah. While D3 was inconsistent with its level design (from basic to a bit messy to stellar), most of the bosses in the main game and DLC owned hard! I think ringed city is easily up there with old hunters, in terms of being tight and epic DLC. Erdtree had bigger/better level design, but felt empty in spots and had about 3 memorable bosses (out of 10). 

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

These will be my last pics of Nobody Wants to Die as I don't want to spoil more of it but its still impressing me

1.thumb.jpg.df8501b1604f5614c11b94545d75c687.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.a19be0f509e3a5d0ff18f5b6b9df8f52.jpg

This game looks amazing! I’ll have to get it. 

• aitch 1