The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Tried about 45 mins of Flintlock and DOT. Flintlock feels probably about what youd expect. Ill continue playing it as it made a decent 1st impression. 

DOT is like animated Life is Strange RPG so far. Seems ok, but real cheap. Will also give it a shot tho.

I found out about this and it honestly put me off of wanting to try Flintlock

JbNktCM.png

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

I don't really care about who is killing who if it's fun to play. It's a souls like game so I'll prob nit finish it anyway lol

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

I don't really care about who is killing who if it's fun to play. It's a souls like game so I'll prob nit finish it anyway lol

Apparently, it’s a baby souls-like. 

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Apparently, it’s a baby souls-like. 

I played about an hour and a half. I like it so far. It gives you some good mobility options very soon into the game.

The combat is fun. You can use your god to attack and do super powers. Mixing the gun up with melee attacks is cool too. Parry is pretty easy and i like how you build up the break meter on enemies. Already got a cool fire axe.

But yeah it does take some from the souls games, but not all of it which i like so far.

juggling a few games at the moment but Im glad that things are picking up a bit on the gaming side. I actually dropped Another Crab's Treasure at the final boss (go ahead and laugh) I just found that fight annoying

Nine Sols - haven't played this in a few days but im hoping I will return to it

Jeanne D' Arc - its great so far but I actually don't like being stuck playing it on PS5. I think its meant for a handheld, and it would look better on one given how pixelated and stretched out the 2D artwork is on a large TV. As much as I poked fun at the PS Portal this is the type of game I would want one for.

Nobody Wants to Die - Looking to finish this tonight. Great game

Flintlock - As I mentioned above, its alright but definitely a 7 quality game at best so far. Not sure If Im gonna want to play it enough to even come close to finishing it.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Jeanne D' Arc - its great so far but I actually don't like being stuck playing it on PS5. I think its meant for a handheld, and it would look better on one given how pixelated and stretched out the 2D artwork is on a large TV. As much as I poked fun at the PS Portal this is the type of game I would want one for.

You can easily emulate it and play it on your Ally... :trump2: 

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Im really enjoying flintlock so far

Nice.  I might check it out sooner than later.

I just bought over 20 games from the Summer Sale on Steam lol.  Some were too cheap to pass up.  Got all weekend to play stuff.  Been playing Super Meat Boy Forever and started Ghost of Tsushima, and also playing some classic stuff.  Fucking love it :love: 

• Like 1

Ive been playing on normal difficulty which for me has been pretty challenging but at the level im comfortable with. If yall play this you might want to start on the highest difficulty. It also has an infinite health option. So if shit gets to be too much i can just cheat :reg: Props to the devs for making the game playable for anyone.

But damn this game is pretty fun. Its got some souls stuff like how you lose you souls when you die, bonfires, upgrades and that sort of stuff. But it doesnt have the level design like the souls games do. Its like a mix of souls and games like god of war. Without playing it, i imagined this is what Banishers would be like. ( gonna pick that up soon too) It even has slow mo cam when sniping like the zombie army type games.

I like the way you can warp around the world at some points. The combat keeps getting more fun with the new guns and weapons you get. Boss fights have been cool so far and challenging. But there havent been many epic boss fights. Mostly just normal looking enemy types but its still fun.

So far no off screen projectile attacks, thank fuck.

Its a budget game for sure. It looks nice but you can tell its not on the level of the bigger games. Runs fine at 120fps at 1440p for me with DLSSQ and FG but it do be stuttering. But hey, thats a PC feature at this point. Not bad enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game so far. Its not UE5 bad. Its not Stuttevum, Stutter Wars or Lords of the Stutters bad.

So yeah, so far pretty surprised with this game. Ive enjoyed my time with it so far and excited to continue playing it. I didnt think i was gonna like it at all so theres that.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Remij said:

You can easily emulate it and play it on your Ally... :trump2: 

Yeah but this version is the definitive one. I’m surprised they didn’t just drop it on pc at the same time.

14 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Ive been playing on normal difficulty which for me has been pretty challenging but at the level im comfortable with. If yall play this you might want to start on the highest difficulty. It also has an infinite health option. So if shit gets to be too much i can just cheat :reg: Props to the devs for making the game playable for anyone.

But damn this game is pretty fun. Its got some souls stuff like how you lose you souls when you die, bonfires, upgrades and that sort of stuff. But it doesnt have the level design like the souls games do. Its like a mix of souls and games like god of war. Without playing it, i imagined this is what Banishers would be like. ( gonna pick that up soon too) It even has slow mo cam when sniping like the zombie army type games.

I like the way you can warp around the world at some points. The combat keeps getting more fun with the new guns and weapons you get. Boss fights have been cool so far and challenging. But there havent been many epic boss fights. Mostly just normal looking enemy types but its still fun.

So far no off screen projectile attacks, thank fuck.

Its a budget game for sure. It looks nice but you can tell its not on the level of the bigger games. Runs fine at 120fps at 1440p for me with DLSSQ and FG but it do be stuttering. But hey, thats a PC feature at this point. Not bad enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game so far. Its not UE5 bad. Its not Stuttevum, Stutter Wars or Lords of the Stutters bad.

So yeah, so far pretty surprised with this game. Ive enjoyed my time with it so far and excited to continue playing it. I didnt think i was gonna like it at all so theres that.

Sounds like a solid title. I wouldn’t mind an easier Souls-like to satiate the Souls itch. 

Finished Nobody Wants to Die. Im pretty sure I got the worst possible ending :ben: thats what it felt like. Ill have to look up the other ones to see how they compare.

This was an impressive game and I really hope it ends up being a commercial success, what the devs achieved should be absolutely praise worthy. Its not even just about the visuals, but the overall production values. Many indie devs can make great looking games with the current tools available but there's so many other elements that end up being lackluster like sound FX, directing, animation, music, etc and that quickly shatters the illusion. This game is polished and high quality all around, and I'd go as far as to say that the climax in particular felt like something that could have been pulled straight from a triple A Sony production.

There's not much to the investigation mechanics or general gameplay, its all pretty on rails and linear so thats the main downside.

But overall I think it raises the bar for cinematic, narrative focused games especially when taking the $25 price into consideration. I think the closest comparison to what this game strives for recently would be Hellblade 2, and IMO its definitely quite a bit better than that (sorry lemmings didn't want to trample on your graves but it is what it is).

Played some more Flintlock. Game is actually pretty good. I dig the verticality of the environments and how you can use the platforming mechanics to get to places you'd normally expect to be inaccessible.

• Like 1

@Remij i beat gael. that was epic! i got my ass handed to me a bunch of times. but i finally got him with a sliver of health left. man, i don't know who's harder - friede, midir or gael. orphan of kos gave me a hard time too. one thing i can say is that all of these fights felt fair, despite being challenging af.

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Played some more Flintlock. Game is actually pretty good. I dig the verticality of the environments and how you can use the platforming mechanics to get to places you'd normally expect to be inaccessible.

is that the souls-like game?

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah its the one that just came out on GP.

nice. in a month or two, i'll knock out a good 4 or 5 games on GP that look solid :smoke:  going to fire up dungeons of hinterberg this week :smoke:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

@Remij i beat gael. that was epic! i got my asses handed to me a bunch of times. but i finally got him with a sliver of health left. man, i don't know who's harder - friede, midir or gael. orphan of kos gave me a hard time too. one thing i can say is that all of these fights felt fair, despite being challenging af.

Awesome shit bro!  :smoke: 

• aitch 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

nice. in a month or two, i'll knock out a good 4 or 5 games on GP that look solid :smoke:  going to fire up dungeons of hinterberg this week :smoke:

Yeah so far its quite a bit better than I expected. It just doesn't have the difficulty of a Souls-like, its more of a traditional action/adventure in that regard. So as long as you're not looking for a real challenge its a fun time.

• aitch 1