The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Twinblade said:

Im gonna try and play this soon. I just want to finish up Conscript first.

you'll love it. it's a game that gets better and better.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

at the 75% mark in Hinterberg. My score is looking more like an 8.5 than an 8. i'm really enjoying this mix of zelda and persona.

edit: the dungeon i'm on has some brilliant level design :wow2:

• aitch 1
3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

stuck on a boss in flintlock so i quit. 

did you change the difficulty settings? it should make it easier.

Nah I didn't play in like 5 days. Just got annoyed and don't really care enough to play it rn. Maybe in a little bit

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Nah I didn't play in like 5 days. Just got annoyed and don't really care enough to play it rn. Maybe in a little bit

youtube it. i'm sure there's some kind of exploit.

Finished Conscript. Game was really good but definitely has some issues. For one It took me 13 hours which is actually too long for this kind of game and is more than double the 6 it took me to finish Crow Country. The pacing definitely suffers as a result especially in the 2nd half, when you realize that so much of the game just involves finding keys to unlock doors, and finding more keys to unlock more doors behind those doors. I definitely do appreciate the ambition considering that most of the game was just developed by 1 dude though.

I also think it might be better to just play it like a regular game by enabling checkpoints and the setting that gets rid of ink ribbons. The game sometimes puts you in situations where you can easily die without having much time to react so losing progress and having to redo a bunch of that chapter can be pretty annoying. Also its a small indie game so bugs are always a risk. One of the times I lost a bunch of progress was from it just crashing for no reason. To put this all in perspective, despite my save file reading 13 hours at the end my steam play time was actually over 17 even though I never let the game idle for too long. Thats a good chunk of time lost.

But despite the issues I loved the WW1 atmosphere and everything associated with that setting so its a solid 8/10 for me.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Which boss?

The one at the end of the big city. I don't remember the name rn lol I'll have to look tomo

10 hours ago, JonDnD said:

The one at the end of the big city. I don't remember the name rn lol I'll have to look tomo

Is it the lady? That was an annoying fight mainly because of how finicky the end is

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Is it the lady? That was an annoying fight mainly because of how finicky the end is

No, Dukmar

Finished Dungeons of Hinterberg. Wow, what an unexpected surprise. When you hear "mix of Persona and Zelda", you kind of expect half baked results. However, this easily bests TOTK in the dungeons/puzzles department, and the social links actually added a lot of critical gameplay bonuses. Hell, several dungeons are locked behind your social stats and some of the characters you meet. Fortunately, the writing felt clever, even poking fun at adventure game tropes and forums. So, I was never annoyed during the hangouts. In terms of overall story, it definitely felt very Persona-like, but not as elaborate (which makes sense with its 20 hour run). Still, it was engaging enough and I was satisfied with the ending. If there's one main con, it's the repetitive enemies/combat. Fortunately, most of the time is spent solving puzzles in the dungeons, so it didn't feel too annoying, but it's worth pointing out. Though, I was surprised by the bosses and how much I enjoyed them. They definitely felt on par with a Zelda game (puzzle/weak spot deal).

Overall score: 8.75

A nearly excellent title, slightly held back by repetitive enemies/combat, and a few areas where the isometric aiming made an easy puzzle solution frustrating to execute.

• aitch 1
27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Finished Dungeons of Hinterberg. Wow, what an unexpected surprise. When you hear "mix of Persona and Zelda", you kind of expect half baked results. However, this easily bests TOTK in the dungeons/puzzles department, and the social links actually added a lot of critical gameplay bonuses. Hell, several dungeons are locked behind your social stats and some of the characters you meet. Fortunately, the writing felt clever, even poking fun at adventure game tropes and forums. So, I was never annoyed during the hangouts. In terms of overall story, it definitely felt very Persona-like, but not as elaborate (which makes sense with its 20 hour run). Still, it was engaging enough and I was satisfied with the ending. If there's one main con, it's the repetitive enemies/combat. Fortunately, most of the time is spent solving puzzles in the dungeons, so it didn't feel too annoying, but it's worth pointing out. Though, I was surprised by the bosses and how much I enjoyed them. They definitely felt on par with a Zelda game (puzzle/weak spot deal).

Overall score: 8.75

A nearly excellent title, slightly held back by repetitive enemies/combat, and a few areas where the isometric aiming made an easy puzzle solution frustrating to execute.

That sounds really good. I might start it tonight.

• aitch 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That sounds really good. I might start it tonight.

Yeah man, it’s definitely going to be up your alley. It starts off good, then gets very good, then great, then mostly  excellent. The second half easily annihilates the first. 

• aitch 1
5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah man, it’s definitely going to be up your alley. It starts off good, then gets very good, then great, then mostly  excellent. The second half easily annihilates the first. 

I just did the first 2 dungeons im definitely digging it so far. The chill atmosphere, the art style, music, everything is well done.

The puzzles even in these early dungeons have impressed me. The one that was in the demo must have been later in the game but it wasn't anywhere as puzzle focused.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just did the first 2 dungeons im definitely digging it so far. The chill atmosphere, the art style, music, everything is well done.

The puzzles even in these early dungeons have impressed me. The one that was in the demo must have been later in the game but it wasn't anywhere as puzzle focused.

Oh man, the puzzles get a lot more intricate. They are challenging, but they won’t stump you for long. As for the pacing, I really love how it’s up to the player. you can just spend a bunch of time building up your stats by killing time or hanging out with the town folk, or you can tackle puzzles. Two essential friends: Thea and the dog.  Just trust me. Try to keep your social stats pretty even. You’ll see why later. 

• Upvote 1

On a side note I tried the MW3 campaign. These open ended missions are boring af :D they’re basically war zone but by yourself and against AI. I’m not sure why they thought this would be enjoyable.

• dead 1

Finished the MW3 campaign. There's so many of those open world missions, and they're just boring. Enemies that just spawn all around you and shoot at you from any direction. The checkpointing is bad too, you can complete multiple objectives but it won't save so if you die you replay the entire mission sometimes.

The linear mission are better and actually have some cool moments, but there's not enough of that stuff. The story also makes absolutely no sense and ends on a terrible cliffhanger.

Its funny how for years people wanted CoD to change, but I actually went into this hoping for more of the same because the mindless over the top action and set pieces is why I would bother playing a CoD campaign in the first place. There's just not enough of that here and instead you have to deal with a bad version of Far Cry/Crysis.

6/10

ill probably try the multiplayer at some point but im not expecting much.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished the MW3 campaign. There's so many of those open world missions, and they're just boring. Enemies that just spawn all around you and shoot at you from any direction. The checkpointing is bad too, you can complete multiple objectives but it won't save so if you die you replay the entire mission sometimes.

The linear mission are better and actually have some cool moments, but there's not enough of that stuff. The story also makes absolutely no sense and ends on a terrible cliffhanger.

Its funny how for years people wanted CoD to change, but I actually went into this hoping for more of the same because the mindless over the top action and set pieces is why I would bother playing a CoD campaign in the first place. There's just not enough of that here and instead you have to deal with a bad version of Far Cry/Crysis.

6/10

ill probably try the multiplayer at some point but im not expecting much.

It's funny how you finished a "boring COD campaign", but didn't finish all the bangers you talked about playing. :francis: