The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished the MW3 campaign. There's so many of those open world missions, and they're just boring. Enemies that just spawn all around you and shoot at you from any direction. The checkpointing is bad too, you can complete multiple objectives but it won't save so if you die you replay the entire mission sometimes.

The linear mission are better and actually have some cool moments, but there's not enough of that stuff. The story also makes absolutely no sense and ends on a terrible cliffhanger.

Its funny how for years people wanted CoD to change, but I actually went into this hoping for more of the same because the mindless over the top action and set pieces is why I would bother playing a CoD campaign in the first place. There's just not enough of that here and instead you have to deal with a bad version of Far Cry/Crysis.

6/10

ill probably try the multiplayer at some point but im not expecting much.

playing CoD over Hinterberg  :shake:

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Just now, Twinblade said:

The campaign was like 3 hours long which is why I bothered playing it :ben: 

lol well that's fair then

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's funny how you finished a "boring COD campaign", but didn't finish all the bangers you talked about playing. :francis: 

Yeah I’ve been bad about finishing games lately. I did finish conscript which has less than a 10% completion rate so far.

@-GD-Xthere's so many characters in Dungeons of Hinterberg but not that many dungeons. Can you actually come close to maxing out all their relationships? Im not sure if there's any penalties to just wasting days without doing dungeons and basically 'grinding' your relationships with them.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xthere's so many characters in Dungeons of Hinterberg but not that many dungeons. Can you actually come close to maxing out all their relationships? Im not sure if there's any penalties to just wasting days without doing dungeons and basically 'grinding' your relationships with them.

great question. you can literally take as many days as you want. i found out about this too late, but i did max out a decent amount of people. in hindsight, 5-10 more hangout days would have been ideal. it takes 3 to 4 hangouts to max most characters. it's not nearly as deep as persona. however, you get essential skills, access to dungeons and other perks for doing them. pro tip: try to max out your stats with familiarity and renown being top priority. amusement and relaxation are about equal. once you hit 200 on a stat, move onto another.

edit: then bump the first 2 stats to 300.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

great question. you can literally take as many days as you want. i found out about this too late, but i did max out a decent amount of people. in hindsight, 5-10 more hangout days would have been ideal. it takes 3 to 4 hangouts to max most characters. it's not nearly as deep as persona. however, you get essential skills, access to dungeons and other perks for doing them. pro tip: try to max out your stats with familiarity and renown being top priority. amusement and relaxation are about equal. once you hit 200 on a stat, move onto another.

edit: then bump the first 2 stats to 300.

How do the gifts work? Do they make it take less hangouts to max out a character?

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

How do the gifts work? Do they make it take less hangouts to max out a character?

Tbh no idea. I never gave gifts :D 

• Upvote 1

I tried MW3 multiplayer and holy hell the menus in this game are incomprehensible. I also managed to get first place in my first match somehow, but I didn't care enough to want to play any more of it especially with the clusterfuck UI.

Time to uninstall. Waste of a 142gb download but at least I didn't pay anything for it.

On 2024-08-02 at 10:38 PM, -GD-X said:

Tbh no idea. I never gave gifts :D 

I see why you recommended hanging out with the dog first. Just found the first hidden dungeon thanks to him :smoke: 

• aitch 1
On 2024-08-03 at 8:34 PM, Twinblade said:

I tried MW3 multiplayer and holy hell the menus in this game are incomprehensible. I also managed to get first place in my first match somehow, but I didn't care enough to want to play any more of it especially with the clusterfuck UI.

Time to uninstall. Waste of a 142gb download but at least I didn't pay anything for it.

Glad i wasnt the only one. I was actually confused when i first tried the game. Im like ok i cannot make any sense of this.

@Twinblade i played some of arranger on my phone. the game has a cool concept, but my eyes can't handle gaming on a screen that small (iphone 13 pro). no clue how i used to game on my iphone 4 :D  anyhow, i just wanted to mention that it's very cool and i will try to play it on my ipad.

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade i played some of arranger on my phone. the game has a cool concept, but my eyes can't handle gaming on a screen that small (iphone 13 pro). no clue how i used to game on my iphone 4 :D  anyhow, i just wanted to mention that it's very cool and i will try to play it on my ipad.

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t bother with phone gaming anymore. I already struggle enough with games on my ally, I definitely don’t need to go even lower in screen size.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t bother with phone gaming anymore. I already struggle enough with games on my ally, I definitely don’t need to go even lower in screen size.

yeah, i think with age it becomes a nightmare. the 7.4 inch screen on the SD OLED is about as small as i can go now.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i think with age it becomes a nightmare. the 7.4 inch screen on the SD OLED is about as small as i can go now.

Even thats still too small for me. I think right now 8+ inches is the only size thats comfortable enough (no homo).

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Even thats still too small for me. I think right now 8+ inches is the only size thats comfortable enough (no homo).

Yeah, 8 inches (no homo lol) would be ideal. Hopefully the SD 2 is larger. 

15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, 8 inches (no homo lol) would be ideal. Hopefully the SD 2 is larger. 

The Legion Go is a beast with its 8.8 inch screen. I saw one the other day in person and was really impressed by it :whew:

• aitch 1
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The Legion Go is a beast with its 8.8 inch screen. I saw one the other day in person and was really impressed by it :whew:

I would love to get one, but a few of my friends who own them have had major headaches with them. Maybe I’ll borrow one and see if I like it. 

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I would love to get one, but a few of my friends who own them have had major headaches with them. Maybe I’ll borrow one and see if I like it. 

With windows? The one thing i've heard is that Lenovo's proprietary software/games launcher isn't as polished or good as the Ally's Armory Crate.

9 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Glad i wasnt the only one. I was actually confused when i first tried the game. Im like ok i cannot make any sense of this.

It took me a minute just find the place where you can launch the campaign from....I don't think im gonna bother with another CoD game anytime soon.