The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Im 19 dungeons into Dungeons of Hinterburg. The game is solid, but its definitely getting repetitive even at its short length. The dungeons are starting to become longer and while they use the core mechanics in more interesting ways, the pacing, combat encounters, and structure are starting to feel very familiar and routine.

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im 19 dungeons into Dungeons of Hinterburg. The game is solid, but its definitely getting repetitive even at its short length. The dungeons are starting to become longer and while they use the core mechanics in more interesting ways, the pacing, combat encounters, and structure are starting to feel very familiar and routine.

The combat is definitely the weakest part. It does get tiresome. 

On 2024-08-09 at 11:12 AM, -GD-X said:

The combat is definitely the weakest part. It does get tiresome. 

Feel free to use spoiler tags for this, but does the game continue even after you finish all the core dungeons?

I ask because I have one normal dungeon and a boss dungeon left, and I remember you mentioning there were some challenging puzzles at the end but I haven't encountered anything posing a significant challenge so far.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Feel free to use spoiler tags for this, but does the game continue even after you finish all the core dungeons?

I ask because I have one normal dungeon and a boss dungeon left, and I remember you mentioning there were some challenging puzzles at the end but I haven't encountered anything posing a significant challenge so far.

None of the puzzles were super challenging. They just get more elaborate with design. It’s 26 total dungeons and 4 bosses. These puzzles are like Zelda ones imo, fun, but not too hard. The level design for some are pretty damn cool. Better than those shrines in Zelda. 

edit: if you want truly challenging puzzles, play Lorelei and the laser eye. GOTY 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

None of the puzzles were super challenging. They just get more elaborate with design. It’s 26 total dungeons and 4 bosses. These puzzles are like Zelda ones imo, fun, but not too hard. The level design for some are pretty damn cool. Better than those shrines in Zelda. 

edit: if you want truly challenging puzzles, play Lorelei and the laser eye. GOTY 

I just finished it

I think too many of the earlier dungeons just feel like filler. They teach you the mechanics, but it takes too long for those mechanics to be used in interesting ways. The later dungeons are better in that regard but then the game starts throwing more and more repetitive combat encounters at you and they end up feeling drawn out as a result.

The game has a lot of charm and good ideas but with some additional editing and polish it could have been something special.

Its a solid 8/10 for me.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it

I think too many of the earlier dungeons just feel like filler. They teach you the mechanics, but it takes too long for those mechanics to be used in interesting ways. The later dungeons are better in that regard but then the game starts throwing more and more repetitive combat encounters at you and they end up feeling drawn out as a result.

The game has a lot of charm and good ideas but with some additional editing and polish it could have been something special.

Its a solid 8/10 for me.

💯

• Upvote 1

Still playing Jeanne D’Arc. I think it’s a good side game where you jump in and complete a battle here and there. The game is surprisingly tough and unforgiving though, even in the earlier parts. I’ll admit that I’m making use of the rewind feature that these PS classics have. There’s been moments where I have close to a 80% hit chance on a boss but I’ll get several misses in a row which is just annoying.

I spent 5 hours on Balatro tonight. Confession: I’ve never gotten past the 8th ante. I always choke. This is one game I just can’t seem to master, but I love playing it. 15 minutes turns into 5 hours lol

@Twinblade started conscript. this game OWNS so much holy shit. I can't believe this is a one-man project (except for the ost)

I read about the developer and it's some amazing shit that guy pulled off, lots of respect for that dude. he did some extensive research even visited actual battle sites... the lore in general is so accurate and man, you can really feel the brutality of ww1 trenches and everything that comes with it.

max pixel gaytracing garbage is just soulless lmfao

also super hyped for what the two signalis gods cook up

Indies saving gaming

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, kaz said:

@Twinblade started conscript. this game OWNS so much holy shit. I can't believe this is a one-man project (except for the ost)

I read about the developer and it's some amazing shit that guy pulled off, lots of respect for that dude. he did some extensive research even visited actual battle sites... the lore in general is so accurate and man, you can really feel the brutality of ww1 trenches and everything that comes with it.

max pixel gaytracing garbage is just soulless lmfao

also super hyped for what the two signalis gods cook up

Indies saving gaming

Yeah its solid and I played it before the latest patch which fixes some annoyances it had at launch so you started playing it at the right time.

• Geese 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah its solid and I played it before the latest patch which fixes some annoyances it had at launch so you started playing it at the right time.

I'm always winning :whew:

Spoiler

what was patched? I restarted after the first chapter because I wanted unlimited saves and checkpoints. I think the game is unforgiving but the balance so far is perfect and it's so satisfying on default difficulty.  Can't imagine if some of those annoyances serious enough to fuck up your game a few times :kaz: 

2 hours ago, kaz said:

I'm always winning :whew:

Reveal hidden contents

what was patched? I restarted after the first chapter because I wanted unlimited saves and checkpoints. I think the game is unforgiving but the balance so far is perfect and it's so satisfying on default difficulty.  Can't imagine if some of those annoyances serious enough to fuck up your game a few times :kaz: 

The rats (which you might not have encountered yet) were annoying and made it tough to navigate the levels so they were nerfed. Also some of the backtracking in later segments was reduced.

On 2024-08-14 at 12:53 AM, Twinblade said:

The rats (which you might not have encountered yet) were annoying and made it tough to navigate the levels so they were nerfed. Also some of the backtracking in later segments was reduced.

Spoiler

encountered a few so far, I like the idea with the wire and grenades to reduce enemies but it's a bit hard sometimes... planning ahead makes the game very satisfying 

but man, i think the key items position is a bit ass sometimes and the map to navigate, the backtracking is through the roof sometimes to the point where I go on a scouting run first to figure out what is going on then reload and I wish I wouldn't do that.

SIgnalis in that regard is way better, but that game basically killed vidja by how high it set the bar in terms of quality lmfao

germans won vidja, who wouldve ever thought  😃

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

Reveal hidden contents

encountered a few so far, I like the idea with the wire and grenades to reduce enemies but it's a bit hard sometimes... planning ahead makes the game very satisfying 

but man, i think the key items position is a bit ass sometimes and the map to navigate, the backtracking is through the roof sometimes to the point where I go on a scouting run first to figure out what is going on then reload and I wish I wouldn't do that.

SIgnalis in that regard is way better, but that game basically killed vidja by how high it set the bar in terms of quality lmfao

germans won vidja, who wouldve ever thought  😃

Yeah I think the inventory space is a bit too limited. But apparently the new patch added more storage crates, so there’s more locations to drop off and pick up stuff.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i want to play conscript, but it's so dark (color-wise). i've been having a problem with games using darker palettes.

damn, you mean like some sensory stuff with your eyes? the game keeps that brown muddy look so far

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i want to play conscript, but it's so dark (color-wise). i've been having a problem with games using darker palettes.

I didn’t have visibility issues even with my worsening eyesight but I played it on my desktop. It might be a tough game to play on a portable like the deck.

• Sad 1
Just now, kaz said:

damn, you mean like some sensory stuff with your eyes? the game keeps that brown muddy look so far

yup, i can't stand that look. artistically, i love it. however, my eyes get badly strained.

• Sad 1