The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Nice! I remember the pc version, in general, being hard, mainly because of the controls lol. But the story and acting were pretty god tier for its time. 

I just finished it. Its a really solid 8/10 game, and I appreciated how lean it is for an open world game. No filler bullshit to waste your time or distract you, its all just main story content.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Finished Eden Genesis. I liked the game quite a bit but the controls never quite felt as snappy and responsive as they should have been (especially noticeable in the levels with more demanding platforming challenges), and its definitely overpriced at $25.

7.5/10

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. Its a really solid 8/10 game, and I appreciated how lean it is for an open world game. No filler bullshit to waste your time or distract you, its all just main story content.

It was pretty landmark, back in the day. 

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This remake didn't score well at some sites tho. GS for example gave it a 6

I think it’s because it didn’t have the impact of the original game. I’m sure some parts feel dated. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I think it’s because it didn’t have the impact of the original game. I’m sure some parts feel dated. 

Yeah the combat is pretty clunky, but its clunky in most other open world games with shooting mechanics.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What's your GOTY currently?

lorelei and the laser eyes. it's the dark souls of puzzle-adventure games.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Ah yeah, gotta check that out eventually. 

Picture the Resident Evil mansion, with the best level design/puzzle interconnectivity. Each set of mysteries have a pattern, much like bosses in a Souls game. One you master them, you unlock shortcuts and secret areas, which lead to even more brain teasers. Add a touch of David Lynch’s dark and bizarre “wtf?” moments, and that still doesn’t even full express how awesome it is. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Picture the Resident Evil mansion, with the best level design/puzzle interconnectivity. Each set of mysteries have a pattern, much like bosses in a Souls game. One you master them, you unlock shortcuts and secret areas, which lead to even more brain teasers. Add a touch of David Lynch’s dark and bizarre “wtf?” moments, and that still doesn’t even full express how awesome it is. 

Sounds awesome. Is it super difficult though in terms of puzzles? Cause that's sort of what I assume when I hear Dark Souls puzzle game lol. I love puzzle games but not where I end up always having to look up a guide because the solutions are so obtuse. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sounds awesome. Is it super difficult though in terms of puzzles? Cause that's sort of what I assume when I hear Dark Souls puzzle game lol. I love puzzle games but not where I end up always having to look up a guide because the solutions are so obtuse. 

They are hard, but fair. Just make sure to keep a pen and paper and a maybe a camera phone near by. Yes, the game logs your discoveries. However, I like noting symbols or numbers in certain areas, so I’m not backtracking like crazy. 

also, some riddles will have you deciphering codes or images. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

They are hard, but fair. Just make sure to keep a pen and paper and a maybe a camera phone near by. Yes, the game logs your discoveries. However, I like noting symbols or numbers in certain areas, so I’m not backtracking like crazy. 

also, some riddles will have you deciphering codes or images. 

As long as they are fair I'm ok with. Just hated some of the more old school adventure games where solutions are beyond ridiculous lol 

Will try check it out some time. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

As long as they are fair I'm ok with. Just hated some of the more old school adventure games where solutions are beyond ridiculous lol 

Will try check it out some time. 

Oh no, this isn’t full of obtuse puzzles. Once you figure out a pattern of puzzles, you’ll knock out a bunch, until the next moment you get stumped. 

edit: actually, some puzzles that seem obtuse are just meant to be solved later on.

• Like 1