The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

So about the Castlevania Dominus collection. I was playing Dawn of Sorrow but realized that its one of my most played Castlevanias, and it was familiar enough that I decided to skip to Portrait of Ruin.

This game is way better than I remember it being. I remember it being trashed back in the day because of the partner mechanic, but its actually kind of clever and well implemented. I also feel like the levels are more varied and visually interesting.

Not sure if ill end up finishing it but its definitely enjoyable so far and the core formula for both this and DoS hasn't aged much at all to me.

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

finished conscript, my playtime was 20 hours lmfao. I like the game but man, the backtracking and the cluelessly running around made it a bit hard to play.

I wish some of the key items and puzzles were put in better locations, a few cool puzzles but most were just boring find-key type thingy 😩

but other than that I can't be too harsh with that guy, I hope he plays signalis because the pacing and level design and puzzles were just so good and perfectly placed in comparison (but I also think it's the setting and the use of the elevator that made that possible, ww1 setting is way harder to create levels for)

playing jedi fallen order again,  this game looks pretty good all maxed out, i hope the sequel has some tracing so my gpu doesn't sleep the entire time :mjgrin: :whew:

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, kaz said:

finished conscript, my playtime was 20 hours lmfao. I like the game but man, the backtracking and the cluelessly running around made it a bit hard to play.

I wish some of the key items and puzzles were put in better locations, a few cool puzzles but most were just boring find-key type thingy 😩

but other than that I can't be too harsh with that guy, I hope he plays signalis because the pacing and level design and puzzles were just so good and perfectly placed in comparison (but I also think it's the setting and the use of the elevator that made that possible, ww1 setting is way harder to create levels for)

playing jedi fallen order again,  this game looks pretty good all maxed out, i hope the sequel has some tracing so my gpu doesn't sleep the entire time :mjgrin: :whew:

20 hours? God damn. The game is long but I’m not sure how you spent that much time playing it :ben: 

And yeah, the puzzles and backtracking could have been better. It’s a lot of just finding keys to unlock doors.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Casual said:

Deadlock is the best new MP game ive played in forever. probably my goty atm.

Someone just invited me to playtest this but im not expecting much. Delta Force is more my kind of game.

@Twinblade 

finished calistno protocol the other day and I enjoyed the last parts and the ending (kinda) there are some super sci-fi environments that made my dick hard

not sure if you wanna get back to it since you mentioned you had issues with the ps5 version for some reason

juggling a few games right now, Fallout 1, jedi fallen odor, mafioso, lies of pee ng+ and I'm kinda bored with it all after conscript 

shame hobopass didn't get monkey souls

2 hours ago, kaz said:

@Twinblade 

finished calistno protocol the other day and I enjoyed the last parts and the ending (kinda) there are some super sci-fi environments that made my dick hard

not sure if you wanna get back to it since you mentioned you had issues with the ps5 version for some reason

juggling a few games right now, Fallout 1, jedi fallen odor, mafioso, lies of pee ng+ and I'm kinda bored with it all after conscript 

shame hobopass didn't get monkey souls

Yeah I might try it during the next gaming lull. I’m gonna have my hands full with new games when I get back from my vacation.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Crisis Core (was really close to the end when Astro Bot came out)

Started Little Nightmares 2

Also rebought Vampire Survivors on PS5. Wanted to support the game even though I had played it extensively on Xbox and it has now hooked me all over again. 

little nightmares 2 and vampire survivors :dreamy:

• Like 1
On 2024-09-11 at 9:14 PM, JonDnD said:

WuKong is life. Fuck those other games

(getting space marine next tho)

I'm working my way through Wukong.. been pretty slow for a bit now tho because I've been working so god damn much.. but I'll have some time this weekend.  Space Marine 2 and Final Fantasy 16 next.  With sprinkling of Darkest Dungeon 2 and MvC Collection inbetween :love: 

• Like 1