The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I just bought Kid Icarus. I'm left-handed and having to rewire my brain to use my right hand to control movement isn't fun. It's retarded that there isn't a dual-stick scheme for the Frankenstick. I'm not having a problem holding the 3DS while controlling the game though, but I'm lying on a couch so I just rest the 3DS on my chest. I also finally spent the better part of an hour with the Vita. For all the shit I give Sony, I generally love their industrial designs (Apple's a little too minimalistic for me). I think the Vita's sticks should be bigger but otherwise it's a great looking system. It just badly needs some games that do it justice.

I just bought Kid Icarus.

I'm left-handed and having to rewire my brain to use my right hand to control movement isn't fun. It's retarded that there isn't a dual-stick scheme for the Frankenstick. I'm not having a problem holding the 3DS while controlling the game though, but I'm lying on a couch so I just rest the 3DS on my chest.

I also finally spent the better part of an hour with the Vita. For all the shit I give Sony, I generally love their industrial designs (Apple's a little too minimalistic for me). I think the Vita's sticks should be bigger but otherwise it's a great looking system. It just badly needs some games that do it justice.

yeah the hardware is fantastic. try mutant blobs attack. it's a pretty awesome puzzle platformer. though, gravity daze will definitely be the killer app.

Radiant Historia is amazing :love:

great chance of knocking out Contact as my favorite DS game ever :domo:

Awesome game, really underrated game. The time traveling aspect of the game owns.

Been playing Kid Icarus for a while now. The game is just intense as hell with so much shit going on, sometimes a little too hectic that you don't even know what's going on. The ground controls have a medium learning curve, at first i had trouble adjusting to it but now it flows well together after changing the camera setting to the highest for making quick turns. The MP is surprisingly pretty fun and you win weapons that you can use in the SP as well as money. There's a lot of customizing, fusing, and tonnes of weapons, there's around 10 classes of weapons I think with each having even more differen variants, even if you have the same weapon it will have different bonuses and such. They're all unique in their own way as well. You can also try out a weapon right away as a test run to see if you like it too. I like how each level has extra routes and alternative paths depending on which difficulty you're on. The on-rails sections on Intensity 6 is just hectic, I dont even know how 9 would be :scared: You can either spend hearts/money to lower the difficulty or you can bet a certain amount as you increase the difficulty, gives a nice incentive to replay levels since you get better rewards and more areas are unlocked and possibly completely different paths in that level. It's just as crazy as Sin and Punishment 2. I havent tried playing with the stand that came with the game, I was playing perfectly fine on full 3D. Though with the position I was playing at my wrist was starting to get sore after playing for 3 hours straight. The graphics are really good too, i see a lot of nice shader effects and even with all mayhem going on the game still runs at 60 FPS most of the time with the 3D on max (which looks really good, there were parts where the lasers looked as though they were coming out of the screen). Those were just my initial thoughts on the game, basically if you want something unique for the 3DS this is it, there's a lot of content and the MP feels fresh and fun, not to mention the music :bow:

Edited by -sk-

man, the bosses in this game don't fuck around :ben:

That the reaper in the mines?

he was tough, but it wasn't until chester that i unlocked this :ben:

Posted Image

Wait till you fight the dragon in the lava place. :ben: wtfisthisshit.jpg

I made the mistake of selecting nightmare mode and made it to their before i said fuck it, restarted on normal.

It's a good game but i still say there's better Ys games available. Ys II, Origin, and 7 are GOAT.

man, the bosses in this game don't fuck around :ben:

That the reaper in the mines?

he was tough, but it wasn't until chester that i unlocked this :ben:

Posted Image

Wait till you fight the dragon in the lava place. :ben: wtfisthisshit.jpg

I made the mistake of selecting nightmare mode and made it to their before i said fuck it, restarted on normal.

It's a good game but i still say there's better Ys games available. Ys II, Origin, and 7 are GOAT.

i wish VII were on PC :meh:

does origin have more variety/RPG elements? thats my only beef with OiF, it seems really simple and straightforward.

edit: i just got to the lava dragon. oh lawd :scared:

Edited by Twinblade

Nice review sk. I think target has a buy 2 get 1 free deal this week. I may rayman vita, kid Icarus, and Mario kart 3d.

Youre gonna enjoy the game a lot, especially if you're used to touchscreen shooters you'll adjust to the controls quickly after tweaking the settings a bit. Later stages just look incredible and I've clocked in 6 hours and only on chapter 11 (25 chapters in total) :tard: The game is really fleshed out in terms of content, definitely worth the price. Btw I'd get something else besides MK3D :ben: Edited by -sk-